He who loses his life for my sake will find it

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,764.00
Faith
Christian
The purpose of the parable of the talents is to reward people who preached the gospel and lived it out and to grant them eternal life. But if people don’t preach if they had ability they may not be saved or maybe if they found it difficult to because they didn’t discover their talent and it is too late to if they have opportunity to repent they might be saved if they support others work but they must not be lazy or they will lose their life but they won’t have much reward as they did not use all their talents or bring many to Christ. But if one is not using his talents I don’t think he will go to outer darkness which is hell but he may go to a purgatory so he will lose his life as he is not serving Christ. He will not go to hell only if he is not lazy in doing what he finds he can do . Perhaps the man with the one talent only had ability to support others and that was his talent and he was complaining God didnt give him ability to do what some others can do. Though it would have been possible for some to learn what others can do or one does not know if he doesn’t have the talent but he has to seek if he does or not. People are rewarded incase they are lazy or not not whether they save others or not. God will make sure another does job one is supposed to do so there is no loss due to them. God will give the talent to another to do job. Actually I don’t think the one who doesn’t preach who has ability to will go to heaven if one does not have ability he must deposit with the bankers that is support Christians who work for the Lord. The parable of the virgins teach we should be living a pure life and doing charity Matthew 25 just is to show some will be saved for repenting at the end of any evil if they have chance to repent and doing good to one or trying to do good to all of Christ brethren who come

• Useful
Reactions: dqhall

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The purpose of the parable of the talents is to reward people who preached the gospel and lived it out and to grant them eternal life. But if people don’t preach if they had ability they may not be saved or maybe if they found it difficult to because they didn’t discover their talent and it is too late to if they have opportunity to repent they might be saved if they support others work but they must not be lazy or they will lose their life but they won’t have much reward as they did not use all their talents or bring many to Christ. But if one is not using his talents I don’t think he will go to outer darkness which is hell but he may go to a purgatory so he will lose his life as he is not serving Christ. He will not go to hell only if he is not lazy in doing what he finds he can do . Perhaps the man with the one talent only had ability to support others and that was his talent and he was complaining God didnt give him ability to do what some others can do. Though it would have been possible for some to learn what others can do or one does not know if he doesn’t have the talent but he has to seek if he does or not. People are rewarded incase they are lazy or not not whether they save others or not. God will make sure another does job one is supposed to do so there is no loss due to them. God will give the talent to another to do job. Actually I don’t think the one who doesn’t preach who has ability to will go to heaven if one does not have ability he must deposit with the bankers that is support Christians who work for the Lord. The parable of the virgins teach we should be living a pure life and doing charity Matthew 25 just is to show some will be saved for repenting at the end of any evil if they have chance to repent and doing good to one or trying to do good to all of Christ brethren who come
I

I think it is about losing rewards. Being outside the Holy City, suffering loss of rewards. Not the same thing as hell as far as I know but I could be wrong

• Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To be honest of it does refer to hell I would think it more helpful to focus on the rewards part. It is like Peter walking on the water, when he focused on the water and not in Jesus holding out His hand to help him, he began to falter. I find it I focus on hell and "oh I might not make it" then that takes my focus off Jesus who is holding out His hands to take me to safety. I like to think "well now I belong to Jesus what can I do to please Him and live life that honours Him? "

We don't work for salvation we work out the salvation we been given

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I heard a parable in a Quaker meeting. A woman said, “A man saw the letters G P C in the clouds. He thought it meant Go Preach Christ. She said it did not mean Go Preach Christ. It meant Go Plant Corn.”

People may receive different callings. One desiring to become a disciple of Christ should make an adequate study of the way, the truth and the life before attempting to preach. Jesus cast demons out of a belligerent demoniac described as being possessed by a legion of demons.There are about 6000 in a legion. The man was totally confused. Jesus made the mad man peaceful and rational. He wanted to follow Jesus and become a disciple. Jesus did not allow him, but asked him to go and tell people what good things God had done for him.

It is difficult to find a miraculous preacher to support. It is more difficult to become a miraculous preacher.

Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,764.00
Faith
Christian
Well I do think it is possible that one is justified by faith that works you have to use your faith to work to just repent and do good to others to do what one can do already without anyone’s help I believe it is possible the parable of the talents is just for reward to be allowed to enter heaven immediately to enter the joy of the Lord for God loves to honour those who serve Him. It is not that to preach one needs to preach is to save souls but God requires one to do so because He wants to see you love Him and others now completely so you deserve salvation first and are rewarded but it is everyone duty to hear Christ Himself and looking for teachers could help if they know better. Teachers who know something in their search for salvation should share that with others. It is the duty of those with knowledge of salvation to teach others who come to them. Only some of their teachings lead others to salvation but their teaching to call others to preach is not what brings others to salvation but it is others business if they do not follow it. But it is every Christian duty to confess Christ and to let others know they are Christian.

They do not have the complete duty to save souls for others have to search for their own salvation they should teach you should preach but not to save souls for if others do not when it is not their gift they will be saved later if they still follow Christ. It is not to save souls because I do not mean they will be saved later if they don’t repent and follow Christ but to preach may not have ever been required to ever be saved but it is required to be saved first as God wills us to be useful for the kingdom.I mean in labouring to preach the gospel but every Christian to ever be saved must still be willing to die for Christ and living in repentance to try to seek to follow Christ as the gospels teach them.

Or it could be one has to preach if it could be his talent for if he knows how to save souls or could find it may be required but I don’t know if it is required to or if one does not already have ability but he should find out how to if he can to save souls but it could be required to find one talents as far as one can however late to repentance if he has chance as it is required to try to save souls.

Last edited:
Upvote 0