✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sister I ain't condoned anything but you have to look at the big picture

Oh I know I am, that's for sure. I just hope you will see the bigger picture, but what Toro is explaining is all from the Bible, Jesus our Saviour. It's about God's way and not our own. :yellowheart:

• Friendly
Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I second the thought above about him saying "It's the Devil."

Tell him to stop blaming "The Devil" for his inability to control his own actions. That's a copout IMHO.

I'm not going to say that I'm oblivious to other women now due to the fact that I'm married. If a woman who traditionally fit "my type" is around, I do notice her. I'm not sure if you can ween that out of yourself. But, there's a difference between a "notice" and leering/staring. One, I'm not sure can be helped, the other is a choice and is disrespectful. I'm also especially aware of whether or not I "notice" when my wife is around and take even more steps to not be apparent/obvious in that situation out of respect for her.

That's also a choice.

• Agree
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is it easy? He keeps saying it's the devil and it's hard for him because he doesn't notice that he's doing it.

James 1: 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

The devil can't tempt him with something he doesn't want. I am not tempted by kale. I am tempted by chocolate chip cookies. His issue is his own sinful desire to lust after these women, and when he entertains the notion it progresses to staring, fantasizing, etc.

He needs to dismiss it at the first notion and move on. But more than that he needs to realize that this is a weakness of his sinful nature and pray that he would have the Spirit live in him and work out the fruit of the Spirit.

Upvote 0