✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
dqhall said:
I have been reading the Bible for years...I do not go back to the OT as much. Some of the violence in it caused me problems when I was young. The Gospel of John is recommended as less violent.

A prudent person may find some of the teachings of Yeshua are in the Bible.
Yes, indeed. In reality, all the Theological teachings and those relating to dealing with God of Jesus the Christ, the Second Person of the Godhead, are contained - as source material - in the Bible.

A prudent person will find all the writings in the Bible, Old Testament as well as New Testament, are important for understanding the full nature of God. Even the bits which are superficially less appealing.

dqhall said:
My reading list expanded to business, science, health and technology, for these things may be profitable.
Yes, indeed. The Bible, fountainhead of knowledge regarding God Himself, is rather lacking in details of other things. One cannot find a decent recipe for brownies, for instance. Nor does one find instructions on changing oil in an automobile or building a cabinet for the house. (And Jesus was a carpenter!) No information on the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle or Quantum Mechanics.

However, a prudent Christian will never let other, 'technical' information displace the Creator God (including Jesus and the Holy Spirit) as Sovereign.

Upvote 0