He isn't like I thought

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went about 40 years of my life without knowing Him. Then He came into my life and I heard this voice one morning telling me "Read Your Bible". I did but I'm not so sure I like the God I read about. What can you think about someone that treats Job like that, and more. After I finished the Bible I figured out that I could hear from Him at anytime. I just need to ask Him a question and listen for the answer, inside. It turned out that He was not the only spiritual being, but He was always there. So I wanted to be His friend. I thought that would be good, and went about seeking Him and what He had to say regularly, and the things I got and the things that happened were incredible.

Still, He was not like I thought He would be. For the most part, people have Him figured all wrong in so many ways. For example, people think He will only get involved in the big things when in fact He likes being involved in the little things in your life. Also people tend to think He is only going to talk about Biblical things, when in fact He wants to be involved in every thing in your life. He liked talking about my son's soccer team. He liked talking about what I should wear, what I should eat, how best to do my work. And He loves questions from us.

Oh yeah, He did do big things and they are more fun to tell people about, but really He is found in the little things and He loves that.

For example, I was a retail manager and I had to make a display by the check stands. I wasn't sure what I should put on the display so I asked Him. He took me to the stockroom, told me to get four boxes that were way up high. I had no idea what was in them, whether they would be right, and they didn't seem big enough to get enough product out for the display. But I climbed up and got them. They were in the right category for the display, but seemed to expensive and it still didn't seem like I had enough. Yet on His advice, I took them down and began the display. He told me how many rows to make, help with the positioning and height.

It looked great and I had just the right amount, but they were too expensive. I thought they wouldn't sell there or perhaps they might get stolen. So I keep a close eye on their sales off the computer. They started selling quickly. The display was the best selling display we had, and we didn't loose a one. It was good that I knew this too, because the director saw the display and he too thought they were too expensive and might get stolen. Ah, but I had the numbers and counts for him. So I showed him the results and that we hadn't lost a one. What was he to say, but good job. It was a good job, because God is good and it was all His idea.

Now I have been walking and talking with the Lord for 20 years now, and He doesn't change. Yes, I have incredible stories like the person we prayed for that was going to have heart surgery the next day, but God healed her and they wound up sending her home when she went in for surgery because her heart was not fine. I have seen the Lord heal hundreds of people in miraculous ways, including me several times. Still, He is not so much about the big things as He is about the little things.

I remember the time I went to my car and there was a $4 coupon for a large pizza. That is a great price, but I didn't know where the pizza place was. By looking at the address, I could tell it wasn't very close to me. Then the Lord told me to give it to a particular person at work. I didn't know if it was close to them either. I wouldn't think so, because it took me about 25 minutes just to get to work, and did they even like pizza. Never-the-less, I took this $4 pizza coupon to the person at work. She looked at the address and exclaimed it was just around the corner from her. She used the coupon for her and her son and told me that it was an excellent pizza.

Ok, the clerks didn't make that much money and she was supporting her and her son, because the father was in jail. But would the Lord really get me to take a pizza coupon off my car from about twenty miles away and give it to her. He did.

He does this little things so often in my life that they are just a part of my life now. Or should I say that He is just a part of my life now. I talk to Him, listen, and amazing things happen regularly.

Now He tells me to post things and try to get His people listening to Him. We need to. What if we really would? So I do it. It is the best advice I can give, but people scoff. Over and over they scoff. "He talks to us through the Bible", they say. Can the Bible tell you how to build a display at work, or can the Bible tell you to take a coupon and give it to a specific person twenty miles away because the coupon work around the corner from that person when you don't know where they live? The Bible can't. The Lord Jesus Christ can, and the Bible does tell you to seek Him and His words.

Last edited:

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went about 40 years of my life without knowing Him. Then He came into my life and I heard this voice one morning telling me "Read Your Bible". I did but I'm not so sure I like the God I read about. What can you think about someone that treats Job like that, and more. After I finished the Bible I figured out that I could hear from Him at anytime. I just need to ask Him a question and listen for the answer, inside. It turned out that He was not the only spiritual being, but He was always there. So I wanted to be His friend. I thought that would be good, and went about seeking Him and what He had to say regularly, and the things I got and the things that happened were incredible.

Still, He was not like I thought He would be. For the most part, people have Him figured all wrong in so many ways. For example, people think He will only get involved in the big things when in fact He likes being involved in the little things in your life. Also people tend to think He is only going to talk about Biblical things, when in fact He wants to be involved in every thing in your life. He liked talking about my son's soccer team. He liked talking about what I should wear, what I should eat, how best to do my work. And He loves questions from us.

Oh yeah, He did do big things and they are more fun to tell people about, but really He is found in the little things and He loves that.

For example, I was a retail manager and I had to make a display by the check stands. I wasn't sure what I should put on the display so I asked Him. He took me to the stockroom, told me to get four boxes that were way up high. I had no idea what was in them, whether they would be right, and they didn't seem big enough to get enough product out for the display. But I climbed up and got them. They were in the right category for the display, but seemed to expensive and it still didn't seem like I had enough. Yet on His advice, I took them down and began the display. He told me how many rows to make, help with the positioning and height.

It looked great and I had just the right amount, but they were too expensive. I thought they wouldn't sell there or perhaps they might get stolen. So I keep a close eye on their sales off the computer. They started selling quickly. The display was the best selling display we had, and we didn't loose a one. It was good that I knew this too, because the director saw the display and he too thought they were too expensive and might get stolen. Ah, but I had the numbers and counts for him. So I showed him the results and that we hadn't lost a one. What was he to say, but good job. It was a good job, because God is good and it was all His idea.

Now I have been walking and talking with the Lord for 20 years now, and He doesn't change. Yes, I have incredible stories like the person we prayed for that was going to have heart surgery the next day, but God healed her and they wound up sending her home when she went in for surgery because her heart was not fine. I have seen the Lord heal hundreds of people in miraculous ways, including me several times. Still, He is not so much about the big things as He is about the little things.

I remember the time I went to my car and there was a $4 coupon for a large pizza. That is a great price, but I didn't know where the pizza place was. By looking at the address, I could tell it wasn't very close to me. Then the Lord told me to give it to a particular person at work. I didn't know if it was close to them either. I wouldn't think so, because it took me about 25 minutes just to get to work, and did they even like pizza. Never-the-less, I took this $4 pizza coupon to the person at work. She looked at the address and exclaimed it was just around the corner from her. She used the coupon for her and her son and told me that it was an excellent pizza.

Ok, the clerks didn't make that much money and she was supporting her and her son, because the father was in jail. But would the Lord really get me to take a pizza coupon off my car from about twenty miles away and give it to her. He did.

He does this little things so often in my life that they are just a part of my life now. Or should I say that He is just a part of my life now. I talk to Him, listen, and amazing things happen regularly.

Now He tells me to post things and try to get His people listening to Him. We need to. What if we really would? So I do it. It is the best advice I can give, but people scoff. Over and over they scoff. "He talks to us through the Bible", they say. Can the Bible tell you how to build a display at work, or can the Bible tell you to take a coupon and give it to a specific person twenty miles away because the coupon work around the corner from that person when you don't know where they live? The Bible can't. The Lord Jesus Christ can, and the Bible does tell you to seek Him and His words.
Sounds like you have a great relationship with the Lord.

What else have you posted ?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Both satan and God can speak to us. Who is who? and Which is which? ...That is where Scripture gives us the discernment.
I agree but would add, if you're hearing from the Satanic realm what you hear will generally wax worse and worse in due time.

People tend to put God in their own box and think He can't work outside their preconceived impression of Him. I can't say who the OP is hearing from though. It seems to work out for their good and over the long haul.

My interaction has come in manifestation, often in nature. He is a tremendous God, answers come in his timing and in His way, we need to just tune in. Scripture is His word to us, it's what He wants us to know, to know about grace, to know about salvation, how to live, how not to live, how to worship, how not to worship, treat your neighbor, not treat your neighbor and etc. But He never said it's all He has for us. God runs deeper and broader and higher than we can even begin to perceive. Scripture gives us a glimpse of how He works and a lot of good solid answers for our walk. But never underestimate God.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I tell people about hearing from the Lord I am bound to get a few types of responses. There are those who know Him and like what I say because they too know Him. Lots of people know Him, talk to Him, listen to what He says to them. I have meet so many. Honestly, I would love to hear the things that the Lord told them. When the Lord had me open and run a Christian bookstore for Him I got to meet some very interesting people who knew Him, and actually get to listen to their stories. I meet many at church, but so often they are not speaking about Him! And there is a reason. The reason is the other types who don't know Him that well. Not knowing what is going on in the heavens (the spiritual realm) it if often hard to just tell them.

That's ok - or is it? I didn't know the Lord the first 40 years of my life, but it turned out my Mom did! All those years, she was walking and talking with the Lord and her son didn't really know what was happening - how could that be? It could be, because we Christians who really do know the Lord are afraid of the devil instead of God! So we don't even give the very important information that we have (that the Lord wants to talk to you personally) to those around us. We might take them to church, but the same thing tends to happen there. We might tell them to read your Bible, which does have the information but it really needs the Lord talking to you to get an understanding of it. So we Christians tend to fear the devil more than God.

Fearing the devil more than God show up with an instant worry that the Lord might not really be there to talk to you! And that shows up with a statement like "How do I know it is not the devil!" That is what the next type of responses I get. That is usually followed by something like "You have to follow the Bible!" So that person is not looking to the Lord and follow Him, because they can't trust Him! He might be the devil!

Well the Bible did have answers to that problem, but they don't really believe what they read in the Bible either. Isn't it written that all those who seek find? And didn't Jesus explain that if you ask for something good He is not going to give you something bad? And doesn't the Bible give you very specific test for testing the spirits (see 1 Jn 4: 1-3)

My friends, it is hard to talk to other "Christians" when they are so afraid of the devil they won't seek the Lord and learn from Him. Do you not understand that you fear of the devil is keeping you from actually seeking the Lord. Yes, there are two sides, good and evil, but seek good and don't let that devil stop you from seeking what our Lord Jesus Christ has to say to you!! Look, if you hear to go murder someone, lie to someone, or rob someone don't do it and also check the spirits by the test the Bible has written in it. Jesus Christ is Lord, (1 Cor 12:3), but is He really your Lord if you are not getting instructions from Him everyday via the words His Holy Spirit is speaking to your spirit? He isn't your Lord is you are not hearing from Him!

Now let me get to the other common problem I get from people when I talk about hearing Him. And I do mean "common". We all have it at times, but we shouldn't. That problem is that we have trouble hearing from Him. I usually can help people with that problem if they want to believe. The Lord had me work in a Christian healing ministry for 5 years and I help lots of people with that problem, because that was almost always the problem they came in with.

It is usually a problem with their faith that He is there for them to hear from, but you can't tell them that, because something inside will cause them to take offense to you telling them that. So you start straight off by telling them to try and hear what the Lord has for them, and then pray for them, reminding them not to listen you but try and pick up what the Lord is telling them. You pray and ask the Lord to release His spirit to move in on them and to open their ears and eyes so they can hear Him. That is pretty straight forward and most, but certainly not all, start picking up His voice or perhaps a vision right away. That in it's self is amazing, because they came in thinking they couldn't hear from Him and a couple of minutes later they were hearing from Him clearly. Well... He was always there for them, wasn't He. They just had to seek Him and believe. So we got them seeking Him and with the help of a prayer and usually a little olive oil to anoint them (which is only olive oil so what did it do except help them consider that God did want to talk to them so it help them have faith in Him)

Now that worked for a good half of the people coming in, but there was still the others half who still had problems hearing from Him. Usually they were holding onto stuff so inside they were not willing to let that stuff go so they could hear from Him. By 'stuff' I mean evil thinking. Usually that is not forgiving others. Simply put, most were not willing to repent and let go of their evil and they knew it deep inside. They wanted those people who hurt them to die. So we would work on the unforgiveness. Now let me note that there are things other than unforgiveness that do the same thing, but unforgiveness is the main one. Also note, that unforgiveness and repentance does not keep the Lord from talking to you, but it might be keeping you from hearing Him!

So how does a person work on unforgiveness, so they can hear form Him. Well... start asking Him if you need to forgive someone and see if a person comes to mind. Now note: if you know you need to forgive someone because they hurt you and you ask the Lord if there is anyone you need to forgive start by forgiving that person. You know it and He might have already made it clear to you so forgive them. That too is easy... you just say "Lord I forgive them." That is all Jesus said on the cross, wasn't it. Then keep asking the Lord if there are others you need to forgive until you get a blank screen, so to speak. And look, you were already starting to hear from the Lord about who to forgive, weren't you?

So that is how we got people to start hearing from the Lord. Oh some need more help. Don't feel bad if that happen to be you. But do seek that from a good healing ministry or perhaps a Christian counselor. This thread was about hearing Him, and not about not hearing Him or about fearing the devil instead of seeking the Lord.

So it is, when I want to talk to other Christians about deeper fellowship and following the Lord there are others, spirits, (our battle is not with flesh and blood, the people, but with the dark forces of this world) who get in the way.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree but would add, if you're hearing from the Satanic realm what you hear will generally wax worse and worse in due time.

People tend to put God in their own box and think He can't work outside their preconceived impression of Him. I can't say who the OP is hearing from though. It seems to work out for their good and over the long haul.

My interaction has come in manifestation, often in nature. He is a tremendous God, answers come in his timing and in His way, we need to just tune in. Scripture is His word to us, it's what He wants us to know, to know about grace, to know about salvation, how to live, how not to live, how to worship, how not to worship, treat your neighbor, not treat your neighbor and etc. But He never said it's all He has for us. God runs deeper and broader and higher than we can even begin to perceive. Scripture gives us a glimpse of how He works and a lot of good solid answers for our walk. But never underestimate God.
And some people's boxes exclude Scripture. Scripture gives a sure Word, everything else is up for conjecture, opinion or debate.

2 Peter 1:19 (NASB) So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And some people's boxes exclude Scripture. Scripture gives a sure Word, everything else is up for conjecture, opinion or debate.

2 Peter 1:19 (NASB) So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts.

Is Jesus now up for "Debate"?

We need to know Jesus Christ. That is what the Bible tells us. But if knowing Jesus is up for debate t then do you know Him?

We do have to live by faith, but that faith is in Jesus Christ, not just anything. The first words that snake said in the garden were "Did God really say!" So the snake put God speaking to us 'up for debate'!

There is a difference between discernment of spirits and putting the Lord and Him speaking to you 'up for debate'.

This section is not supposed to be place 'for debate', it is supposed to be where we talk about Discipleship: Follow Jesus - not Follow Bible. The reason is simple. We don't follow the Bible we follow Jesus Christ. We can do that because we know Him personally. We know Him personally because His sheep hear His voice. If you don't hear His voice, you are not His sheep, according to the Bible!

If you do hear His voice and follow Him, like the Bible tells you, then didn't you find out that He was not what you thought He would be? That is what this thread is about. It is for those sheep of His who do hear His voice, not those who have rejected Him and are searching the Scriptures thinking in them they have life.

Now there is always a question of discernment, but that is not this thread. I will start a thread about that, but in it you will see that we follow Jesus Christ as one of His disciples. He is the Word of God. That is His name!! and He is Truth, So surely He is the True Word of God, not our understanding of the Scriptures.

It would be nice to come to a place where I could talk about hearing from the Lord and issues like how is was of wasn't like you thought when got to know Him without someone looking for a debate about whether we follow Him or whether we follow the Bible. That is not up for debate if you are a true Christian!

• Agree
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
When I came to faith I had a lengthy period of solitude. That three year sabbatical was instrumental in solidifying our relationship and my knowledge of Him. It was grounded in experience which became knowing over time. The root wasn’t formed through opinions or outside expressions.

It was the bones. The innards you come to know over time when you’re frequently in someone’s presence. The constancy of character produces a certainty of who they are and who they’ve become to you.

This prepared me for future challenges and slights. I was grounded in His will and undeterred when others tried to lead me astray or in a different direction. I didn’t question Him when their words assailed the hope He embedded in my spirit.

Our time together enabled me to stand and affirmed my trust. It propelled me to a life of purpose and a willingness to walk alone when necessary. It taught me to trust the process and His providence. I don’t need to see Him at work to know He’s working on my behalf.

He planted possibilities within me. And I know the blessings and harvest will follow. I know I’ll fulfill my purpose. I know He’ll never leave or fail me.

I know Him. Intimately. He is my Friend, Father, and Confidant. And that can’t be lost or shaken. I know that.

~Bella

Reactions: imMD and K2K
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Reactions: K2K
Upvote 0

Mantishand

May 31, 2018
Murica
✟57,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The OP is correct. The sheep hear his voice. Thats how you know. If you hear His voice don't harden your heart. I have heard his voice. I wish I could hear it more often, its rare that I do hear it. There are years in between hearing. It is the most comforting thing you can imagine.

Oh and no, he isn't what I thought he would be like at all haha.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: water1997
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is Jesus now up for "Debate"?

We need to know Jesus Christ. That is what the Bible tells us. But if knowing Jesus is up for debate t then do you know Him?
Where in the world did I ever say Jesus was up for debate?
We do have to live by faith, but that faith is in Jesus Christ, not just anything. The first words that snake said in the garden were "Did God really say!" So the snake put God speaking to us 'up for debate'!

There is a difference between discernment of spirits and putting the Lord and Him speaking to you 'up for debate'.
Yes, anything not clearly revealed in His written Word is up for debate.

This sectionis not supposed to beplace 'for debate', itis supposed to be where we talk about Discipleship: Follow Jesus - not Follow Bible. The reason is simple. We don't follow the Bible we follow Jesus Christ.
Then why have you took it upon yourself to debate me?
I'll end by saying you would know nothing certain about Jesus or following Him apart from His written Word, we would all be back under the Dark Ages with uncertainties and superstitions.
Good Bye (no more debate, right?)

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Kings 19:12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.
Yes Elijah was a Prophet. God's sure Word came to God's Prophets. We are not Prophets, as our words are not Scripture.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes Elijah was a Prophet. God's sure Word came to God's Prophets. We are not Prophets, as our words are not Scripture.
I didn't post what you quoted, that's just my signature verse lol !! I don't know what happened there but I saw it earlier and have no edit button to access the text and type something in there.

• Friendly
Reactions: crossnote
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture gives a sure Word, everything else is up for conjecture, opinion or debate.

Where in the world did I ever say Jesus was up for debate?

Jesus is not the Scriptures!

So when a person says the Scriptures gives a sure Word and everything else is up for debate, they have included Jesus in everything else!!

There is a question of discernment of spirits, but Jesus Christ being the truth is not up for debate and He is the sure Word!!

We can be sure that He is there. We can be sure that He will talk to us. Yet we have to live by faith in Him, meaning that we have to believer for sure that He is there. He talks about how if we ask the Father for something good He is not going to give us something bad. Jesus is given to us by the Father - or have we not read that the Father so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son. Surely then we have Him. And He said He was the bread that came down out of heaven. So if you ask the Father for a loaf is He going to give you a stone? Moses brought stones down the mountain and we have record of those stones in the Scriptures, but man does not live by those words on the stone alone but by every word that the mouth of God and He said He would never leave you and a day was specified to hear from Him! That day is "Today".

So we should read the Scriptures and understand from them that Jesus Christ is the Word of God. We need to put our faith in that! But if I say in my heart that He is not there, so I don't listen to Him, then the Word of God to me will be line upon line, instead of every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

Too often we don't trust that the Lord is there. Then it is not a question of discernment, but a question of believing if the Lord is there for us or not. Thus we don't seek Him and His words to us, but rather we turn to searching the Scriptures thinking that in them we have life. But it is the Spirit who gives life and His words are spirit. The Spirit of God doesn't speak on His own initiative but He takes the words of God, which belong to the Son, and like a living telephone line the Spirit speaks them to you. Thus we can have conversations with the Son and our Lord Jesus Christ. But is He your Lord if you are not personally getting instructions from Him.

He once told me, "Karl, they call me Wonderful Counselor, but I am not a wonderful counselor to those who don't listen to Me."

Understand - that if He is your Lord you are hearing instructions from Him. If He is your counselor He is giving you advice by talking to you personally. If He is your Teacher then you are hearing His teaching to you personally!

He once told me, "Karl, what Teacher doesn't put in front of His student today a book? But, not only a book, but overhead transparencies, visuals, and other material. So don't tell them to read the Book, tell them to take the class. I tell you truly, if they are not listening to Me they are not My pupil, not My student. I tell you truly, if they are not listening to Me they are not My disciple!"

So take the class the Teacher has. It comes with a book, but not only a book! It comes with the Teacher!!

I tell you - the meaning of the Scriptures , that 'sure Word' as some might say, has been debated over and over. But it is written, Prov 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom: from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

So it is that Solomon has understanding, because he listens to the Lord, and wrote about it. But those seeking the Scriptures and who are looking to the Book and leaning on their own understand instead of seek Jesus Christ as the living Word of God, do not have wisdom. If they believed the Sacred writings they would have believed in the Lord, and His name is called the Word of God.

My friends - Jesus Christ is the Word of God! He spoke to those people who wrote the Bible, and that is what they wrote. They knew Him as the Word of God because they heard from Him and believed Him. It is that belief that is counted as righteousness to them. But if we say to ourselves that it is debatable as to whether we can hear from Him, then we will surely start to lean on the Bible as the only Word of God that we have. We start saying things like, 'You have to follow the Bible', ' The Bible is the living and active Word of God', and so the Bible becomes the Word of God that we know. No longer are we like those who wrote the Bible.

All this doesn't mean we shouldn't test the spirits to make sure who we are hearing from is indeed Him. So according to the Bible, how do you test the spirits???

Do you read the Bible and go by your understanding of it? Is that the explanation we read in the Bible?

1 Jn 4:1-3 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God.

Some interesting things about that test: First, it is a test for "spirits". Second, you have to be able to and be actively listening with your spiritual ears to use it!! Third, I find very few Christians who every use that test! So who is actually following the instructions written in the Bible?? Is it the one saying they have to turn to the Bible to be sure? -- Ok, turn to the Bible and test the spirit just as it is written - that we cause you to listen, and more specifically it will cause you to listen for the Lord's voice! Then you we come to know that He is the Word of God we are preaching. That if you confess Him (not the Bible) as your Lord you will be saved!!

The Bible is correct! It explains all this that I just explained. So do we believe it? If so you are seeking Jesus Christ, and all those who seek find. It is a sure thing!

Jn 5:46,47 "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings how will you believe My words?"

• Friendly
Reactions: Eha
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus is not the Scriptures!
Where did I say He was the Scriptures?
So when a person says the Scriptures gives a sure Word and everything else is up for debate, they have included Jesus in everything else!!
The Scriptures themselves say they are a sure word. How can we be sure of that which we can't see unless it has been revealed to us by God in His Word?
If you hear two voices claiming to tell you things about God, won't you test them against God's Word?

The rest of your post is too long. If you can't say what you have to say in about two paragraphs, fine, but don't expect me to respond to long posts. Give me two concise points or so at a time if you want me to respond.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Scriptures themselves say they are a sure word. How can we be sure of that which we can't see unless it has been revealed to us by God in His Word?

Ok - here is what happens. We get zealous for the Bible. Because we get zealous for the Bible we call it "The Word of God". It is understandable because the people who wrote it heard from the Lord and they wrote down what He told them. So the Bible has words from God, thus we call it "The Word of God"

But what about the Bible? What or who does it say "The Word of God" is?

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called "The Word of God"

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying "...

Look at the verses! The Bible is not the Word of God in any of those verse! So what we have is both Jesus Christ and the Bible being called "The Word of God"!!

Now consider: In Gen 15 Abram did not have a Bible! Yet the word of the Lord came to him in a vision and spoke with him. Abram believed it was the Lord and that belief was counted to Him as righteousness.

Gen 15:5 Then he believed in the Lord; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

So how could Abram be sure "unless it has been revealed to us by God in His Word?

Do we not understand? It is not "revealed to us by God in His Word" it is that Jesus Christ, the Word of God, is revealed to us

Gal 3:22,23 But the Scriptures has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.

As Christians, Jesus Christ should have been revealed to us. We can hear from Him, if we believe He is there to be heard from. If I say, 'I have to live by the Scriptures', then are you not still shut up under sin. We might and should live according to the Scriptures, but they explain that we follow Jesus Christ!! They say His sheep hear His voice!! They explain that we can have a personal relatioinship with Jesus Christ because He sent His Holy Spirit. They explain that He is the Word of God we are preaching.

So we call Jesus and the Scriptures, "The Word of God", or should I say that we call the Scriptures "The Word of God', and on rare occasions we recognize that Jesus was also called the Word of God if someone actually cares to look at the Scriptures.

The 'word of the Lord' (the Christ) came to Abram in a vision and spoke to Him. If we are indeed the sons of Abraham spiritually speaking, that is how it is with us. We believe that, because we do hear from Him. So it is that I hear from Him, and I come to a Christian forum, where His sheep are supposed to be hearing His voice, and I note that He was not what I thought He would be.

I didn't read the Bible before He came into my life, but my parents had taken me to church when I was a kid. I listened and there the Bible was the Word of God, but nobody in that church was talking about hearing from The Word of God, Jesus Christ. It blew me away when He started talking to me. How could I have know that He would talk about the little things in my life. The Bible does actually mention that, but Christian were not saying that!

It turned out that some did know Him and how He really is. My mom was even one of them, but she never told me that she heard from Him daily. She didn't tell people for the same reason that most Christian that do really hear from Him daily don't tell other people about it. They don't tell them because someone we try to imply that is not Him.

"Did God really say " is the first concept that seems to come from them. Those were the first words from that Snake.

"You have to follow the Bible (Sure Word)" they say. But the Bible says you have to follow Jesus Christ.

"The Bible is the truth" they say. Yet Jesus explain that He is the truth, and that is recorded in the Bible.

They might say yeah they hear from Him but it is a rare thing. Yet in the Bible it is written "Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left" Is 30:21

So I hear from Him. I hear from Him everyday. I hear from Him about a dozen times a day. He tells me to read my Bible, but it is not my understanding even then, but He talks to me about it, and mostly He doesn't talk to me about my Bible because we talk about my personal life and it is about my job, my wife, my kids, my garden, house, my clothes, my food, and all that is rarely is the Bible good at telling me what to order at Mac Donald's. The Bible doesn't tell you to turn right, left, or go straight at the next stop sign, but if you listen close He will talk to you about that. I never knew that He was like that, even though Isaiah explained it in the Bible.

It is not your understanding of the Bible!! It is hearing from Him and listening to Him like the Bible explains. Read the Bible and believe it is right! It tells you to seek the Lord and listen to Him!!

Mat 17:5 … "This is My Sone, with whom I am well-pleased, listen to Him!"

We do listen to Him, right? He is the Word of God, right? He has been revealed to us, right? Are you going to trust Him?

Is 28:12,13 ...And "Here is repose." but they would not listen. So the word of the Lord to them will be, "Order on order, order on order, Line on line, line on line... That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive

Jesus will talk to you and we need to listen. But if you don't listen the word of the Lord to you will be Line on line - according to what Isaiah wrote. The Scriptures are line on line and some people call them the Word of God instead of Jesus Christ. Why?

Being a disciple of Jesus Christ and following Him is about listening to Him. He will tell you to read the Bible, people. But He will also talk to you about it so you will understand things. You will understand that if you don't listen to Him like you should then the line on line of text in your Bible we be the Word of God to you, instead of Him. Abraham, hear the word of the Lord when He came to him in a vision and spoke to Him. Do what Abraham did. Listen.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being a disciple of Jesus Christ and following Him is about listening to Him. He will tell you to read the Bible, people. But He will also talk to you about it so you will understand things. You will understand that if you don't listen to Him like you should then the line on line of text in your Bible we be the Word of God to you, instead of Him. Abraham, hear the word of the Lord when He came to him in a vision and spoke to Him. Do what Abraham did. Listen.
Ok, I told you I don't respond to long posts. So I will just take this point.

God spoke directly to His Prophets. The words of the Prophets were written down that we may learn of God. You would not know the first thing about Abraham if it hadn't been revealed to Moses and you wouldn't know the first thing about Jesus if it wasn't for the Prophets and Apostles.
Yes we need the Holy Spirit to enlighten our understanding to His written Word. But whether we understand His written Word or not it still remains His Word, and it is for our edification.

(Again, don't expect me to respond to loooong posts, give me a point or two otherwise I might ignore them in total.)

Upvote 0

Eha

Jan 6, 2020
Tallinn
✟30,373.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honestly, I would love to hear the things that the Lord told them.
I just sit here and, sorry, i'm laughing with tears in my eyes...
I was searching people, like you, for almost 30 years.
almost 30 years alone, i mean with no people to share my thoughts, lessons from God, just share that amazing reality, He have done and opening more and more to me.... Just share my joy and get more back, because I love Him.
i could write another Bible, i am so curious about everything in the Bible, that Heavenly Father gave me a gift - in small version, i go through almost everything in the Bible in my life, in reality, with witnesses and proofs :)) Just because i told Him - but HOW it looked like? or mmm - i like to be there at least once...
And here you are and from yours words i know - you know Him.
im happy
thank you for sharing

"And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him, who is true"

Upvote 0