Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think his real goal is he just wants to be governor of IN. He might seriously move forward after that. This is all just publicity ploy to get to his desired next step. He knows he won't be president. He's enjoying the ride though.
He's doing low in the polls and so he's desperately trying to virtue-signal.

• Agree
Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I don't know who this person is, so why should I care what he wants to call himself? Maybe if P.J. O'Rourke did it...nah, scratch that, I still wouldn't care.

p.s. - If anyone wants to have a coronary, look up any of the speeches given at Evergreen State College wherein the president and others start off everything they say with a long, boring preamble that not only includes their preferred pronouns, but also a statement recognizing that the college was built atop stolen tribal land of this or that tribe. Strange, but something I hope they start doing literally everywhere (since I can't think of anywhere that this couldn't apply to just as much as it does any college) until everyone learns to tune it out. "My name is so-and-so, and my pronouns are XYZ. I work at this Nordstrom's, and I recognize that the Northgate Shopping Center in which we are located was built upon stolen land originally belonging to the noble and brave Coast Miwok tribes of the settlements of Awani-wi, Ewu, and Shotomko-cha..." Maybe soon enough it will be treated like the street preacher rambling about Elvis or whatever while clutching his "The End is Near" sign. Except that those guys can sometimes be at least slightly interesting. This pronoun stuff is boring and expected in order to check off the right progressive boxes by now.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
At a Beto O’Rourke fund raiser his name placard on the table included his preferred personal prounouns he, him his.

I mean does it get anymore childish than this?
Well, first of all is it person, place or thing? ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The pronoun stuff is lame, and also rather eurocentric. How are Uzbek speakers supposed to participate in this, and why? They don't even have gender-distinguishing third-person pronouns.

I guess they hate Uzbeks at Evergreen.

Upvote 0

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I had to look up this "announcing your pronouns" thing. I had no idea this was happening. The world is in the toilet. Hope you don't mind me posting here.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I had to look up this "announcing your pronouns" thing. I had no idea this was happening. The world is in the toilet. Hope you don't mind me posting here.
In my opinion, much worse things have happened in the world, but I agree that this is silly.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These gender-confusion people have gotten so out there that they remind me of Al Capone in his last few months: the syphilis he had contracted many years before had given him dementia, and he sat in front of a swimming pool at his estate in Florida, holding a casting rod with no line and no hook, angling for non-existent fish while he ranted and raved and cursed Herbert Hoover, who hadn't been in office for fourteen years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
He's doing low in the polls and so he's desperately trying to virtue-signal.
If he was a serious virtue signaler he would have come up with something more PC than he-him-his. If he was serious about winning the election he would have come out as bisexual or something.

Upvote 0