• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

He Helped Me Through Rock Bottom

EnterLight

Jan 20, 2022
Canton, MI
✟12,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sunday I spent the night in the hospital and almost died, reached a .4 bal and if I had drank anymore, I would've gone into a coma or never woke up.

throughout the years I feel like I have been constantly watched over. I've made poor decisions but never any legal trouble, never any health issues related to substance abuse.

After rolling the dice so many times and the possibility of not waking back up I woke up with the resounding choice to say no, for life and with thanks for deliverance.

I had an understanding that my prayers more than likely haven't been answered because I've been actively sinning. More than ever I have a desire to go to the lord for comfort and not a bottle.

I am very thankful and am offering some hope to others even if they are actively struggling, currently in recovery or binded by any substance in the hope of relieving their pain.

God Bless

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sunday I spent the night in the hospital and almost died, reached a .4 bal and if I had drank anymore, I would've gone into a coma or never woke up.

throughout the years I feel like I have been constantly watched over. I've made poor decisions but never any legal trouble, never any health issues related to substance abuse.

After rolling the dice so many times and the possibility of not waking back up I woke up with the resounding choice to say no, for life and with thanks for deliverance.

I had an understanding that my prayers more than likely haven't been answered because I've been actively sinning. More than ever I have a desire to go to the lord for comfort and not a bottle.

I am very thankful and am offering some hope to others even if they are actively struggling, currently in recovery or binded by any substance in the hope of relieving their pain.

God Bless
Good for you! May the Lord sustain you.

• Friendly
Reactions: EnterLight
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟732,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

God Bless
The best thing you can do is what you are doing Put your hope and faith in the Lord and keep only positive people in your circle. God will see you through this.

Prayers for success in your struggle

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You know what? God answer's sinner's prayers all the time. Of course it's best to not sin, and sin does get in the way of our relationship with him. But he still hears them, and he's always ready to take us back. And don't we make a mess of our lives when we're away from him?

As it turns out, hitting rock bottom may be the best thing that ever happened to you. In his mercy, he saw you through it. Now you know just how much you need him. And may you never forget!

The twelve steps are, at their core, basic Christian discipleship. Many groups tend to water them down and even take God out of them. I encourage you to not do that, but instead embrace the twelve steps as a tool that helps keep you on track with the Lord- the only one that can save you from this mess.

Have you found a group of similar addicts you can met with for support?

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God Bless
It seems often that God intervenes at our darkest hour.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,929.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God Bless

Please consider finding fellowship in a loving church group and if there is prayer offered, be first in line.

It took me 7 years of fellowship and ministry to feel normal again - He is faithful - now my life is more than I could ask or think.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God Bless
A prayer that helped me:

“God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.”

• Agree
Reactions: Gregorikos
Upvote 0

rejoiceinfaith

Aug 3, 2018
Southeast
✟13,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

God Bless
Enter light, thank you for your post. I hope you are still doing well! Reading your message helped me, because I’ve been in and out of sobriety since a relapse in 2020. I’m fighting my way back now and it’s been lonely and difficult.

Some days I feel like God must think I’m a broken record, because I say the same thing to him and then I fail again. It reminds me of Paul talking about doing what he didn’t want to do. I’ve always wondered what the “thorn” in his side was and if it could’ve been addiction. It doesn’t really matter. It was something that caused him to fall away from God, to struggle and to feel very depressed and alone. That is how I feel.

I can especially relate to this line of your post:

“I had an understanding that my prayers more than likely haven't been answered because I've been actively sinning. More than ever I have a desire to go to the lord for comfort and not a bottle.”

May God continue to bless you, strengthen you and dray you close to him as you become even stronger in sobriety.

Upvote 0