Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Genesis 5:29. And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning
our work and toil of our hands,
because of the ground which the Lord has cursed.

Genesis 9:
And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:
21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered
within his tent.

This is from the Spirit of the Lord.
Psalm 104:
He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man:
that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
15 And wine that makes glad the heart of man, and oil to make the face shine,
and bread which strengthens man's heart.

Last edited:

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Knowing when to say when'', since Noah departed the Ark.
Genesis 5:29.
And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning

Genesis 9:
And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:
21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered
within his tent.

This is from the Spirit of the Lord.
Psalm 104:
He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man:
that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
15 And wine that makes glad the heart of man, and oil to make the face shine,
and bread which strengthens man's heart.

Revelation 6:6. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying,
“A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and
do not harm the oil and the wine.”
On the other hand, alcohol abuse is a leading cause of early onset dementia - brain damage. Alcohol is also a carcinogen.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On the other hand, alcohol abuse is a leading cause of early onset dementia - brain damage. Alcohol is also a carcinogen.
so is food when it is abused, gluttony , diabetes, heart disease and all other kinds of diseases from unhealthy eating. there is such a thing as moderation and having a glass of wine with your dinner is not a sin, drinking a bottle on the other hand is. see the difference ?

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Enjoy your alcohol if you like,.

And for instance, you lose a spouse or other such things that can be very hard on people an occasional drunk if one absolutely must is no a sin as far as I'm concerned, or at the least, it is very forgivable. Alcohol it is medicine for the poor at heart.

However we must get over those things and stop medicating once the shock has diminished, otherwise there is real danger of becoming a drunkard. And we usually do get over it with time

If we don't feel the need for it, or we are one who cant just have a few drinks and leave it at that, then stay away from it.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so is food when it is abused, gluttony , diabetes, heart disease and all other kinds of diseases from unhealthy eating. there is such a thing as moderation and having a glass of wine with your dinner is not a sin, drinking a bottle on the other hand is. see the difference ?
I saw a video about a vegan heart surgeon in Loma Linda, CA who was doing operations in his 90’s and lived until he was 101. He did not smoke, drink alcohol or use caffeine.

You may write one glass of alcohol is socially acceptable. Another may do well without a sip of alcohol.

• Agree
Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Genesis 5:29. And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning
Revelation 19:10. And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See you do it not:
I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God:
for the testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy.

And he called his name “Noah”
Noach [H5146]<nuach [H5117, H5118]=rest

Genesis 8:4. Then the ark rested in the seventh month, the seventeenth
day of the month, on the mountains of Ararat.

Isaiah 11:2. And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him…

Isaiah 14:3. And it shall come to pass in the day that the Lord shall give you rest
from your sorrow, and from your fear, and from the hard bondage.

2 Chronicles 6:41. Now therefore arise, O Lord God, into your resting place, you and
the ark
of your strength: let your priests, O Lord God, be clothed with salvation, and let
your saints rejoice in goodness.

Esther 9:

16 But the other Jews that were in the king's provinces gathered themselves together, and stood
for their lives, and had rest from their enemies, and slew of their foes seventy and five thousand,
but they laid not their hands on the prey,
17 On the thirteenth day of the month Adar; and on the fourteenth day of the same rested, and
made it a day of feasting and gladness.
18 But the Jews that were at Shushan assembled together on the thirteenth day thereof, and on
the fourteenth thereof; and on the fifteenth day of the same they rested, and made it a day of
feasting and gladness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Revelation 19:10. And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See you do it not:
I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God:
for the testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy.
1 Corinthians 10:16. The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of
the blood of Christ?
The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

Matthew 26:
27 And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink all of it;
28 For this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I
drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

1 Corinthians 11:

23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the night in which He was betrayed took bread;
24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.
25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in
My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.

26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The Comforter Has Come:
John 14:
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide
with you forever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not,
neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 14:
But the Comforter, Who is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name,
He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever
I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 15:26. But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father,
even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go
not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord has cursed.

“Shall comfort us”
Nacham [H5162]=comfort

Isaiah 12:1. And on that day you shall say, O Lord, I will praise you; though you were angry
with me, your anger is turned away, and you comfort me.

Isaiah 40:1. Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

Isaiah 49:13. Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains:
for the Lord has comforted his people, and will have mercy upon His afflicted.

Psalm 71:21. You shall increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.

Upvote 0