United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Everyone seems content to go along with this mass shut down as long as the worker bees keep the grocery stores, the drive thrus, the deliveries, the hospitals, the electricity, the blah blah blah up and running.

$1000 bucks for all? Fine. Now let that go.

All worker bees will, in addition, need hazard pay for being the sheltered public's ersatz serf/sin eater/canary in a coal mine/scapegoat "during this critical time".

$20k per non-sheltered, publicly active worker should be a good start (subject to increase upon risk assessment).

Up with worker bee people!

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everyone seems content to go along with this mass shut down as long as the worker bees keep the grocery stores, the drive thrus, the deliveries, the hospitals, the electricity, the blah blah blah up and running.

$1000 bucks for all? Fine. Now let that go.

All worker bees will, in addition, need hazard pay for being the sheltered public's ersatz serf/sin eater/canary in a coal mine/scapegoat "during this critical time".

$20k per non-sheltered, publicly active worker should be a good start (subject to increase upon risk assessment).

Up with worker bee people!

How about expanding medicaid/medicare coverage to all workers instead?

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Agree. And the medical workers (mainly nurses/orderlies) are about to dethrone firemen as the new heroes after their 20 yr stint.

My sister is a hospice nurse and is going to be dealing with her first case in person today (a 90yr. old).

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How about expanding medicaid/medicare coverage to all workers instead?

That has nothing to do with the OP, which was very specific as to the recipients (though with an obvious element of absurdity, as it will never happen).

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,394.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My sister is a hospice nurse and is going to be dealing with her first case in person today (a 90yr. old).
Well may God bless the front line workers while we sit at home and lament being quarantined while gas is so cheap.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

While I don't believe in the government shovelling out money (I know, I know everyone thinks I'm mean), but all my love and prayers goes out to all those on the front lines, there for the rest of us. :groupray:

My sister in law is an RN who works in a hospital so I do have love for all our health care workers and understand what they face.

(And of course, a shout out to the makers of Quilted Northern®! :wave: lol)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
While I don't believe in the government shovelling out money (I know, I know everyone thinks I'm mean), but all my love and prayers goes out to all those on the front lines, there for the rest of us. :groupray:

My sister in law is an RN who works in a hospital so I do have love for all our health care workers and understand what they face.

(And of course, a shout out to the makers of Quilted Northern! :wave: lol)

I’m not a big fan of dole outs either, so there is a just a tich of satire in the OP:oldthumbsup:

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
What a compassionate post!
It's my superpower. That and sarcasm.
Did you want me to see compassion in posts that confuse care and concern for the vulnerable and needy with a "dole out"? Sorry, but I don't suffer that particular delusion.

• Agree
Reactions: TassiaNico
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's my superpower. That and sarcasm.
Did you want me to see compassion in posts that confuse care and concern for the vulnerable and needy with a "dole out"? Sorry, but I don't suffer that particular delusion.

Your preferred delusion then would be confusing a dole out with care and concern for the vulnerable and needy.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Almost exactly 21 years ago I had a conservation with the director of the hospice in England where my sister died. She commented that her care workers burn out in anywhere between 6 months and 2 years. I wish your sister well in that most demanding and emotionally draining job. God bless her!

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟239,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You need to check your targeting system. It has a software glitch.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life...

Handouts aren't always the answer. Bankrupt a nation and you'll find yourself out of your livelihood, and leaving the country in droves because all the people are starving.

Government writing blank checks aren't always the right answer.

It does sound nice, but the money comes from somewhere, and I'm not big on being under the thumb of foreign powers to avoid today's problem.

Sometimes, troubles will come, and it's just a fact of life.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟239,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life....
He learns faster on a full belly. Plus, in this scenario he already knows how to fish, it's just that we've barred him from approaching any lakes, seas, or oceans.

Government writing blank checks aren't always the right answer..
Which is why you don't write blank checks. You disperse money in a carefully targeted, managed and evaluated manner.

It does sound nice, but the money comes from somewhere, and I'm not big on being under the thumb of foreign powers to avoid today's problem.
Perhaps you should have told that to the CEOs of your manufacturing companies before they moved the production and in some cases the HQs out of the country.

Sometimes, troubles will come, and it's just a fact of life.
And compassion, cooperation and control can minimise or eliminate those troubles. Covid-19 has a simple message for us: we live on one planet, everyone is our neighbour. Don't pass by on the other side.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,394.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
On the bright side, there will quite soon be an army of people who have handily survived this virus and who are no longer deemed carriers who can be put to good use helping with the ill (or the deceased) or re-establishing the distribution networks.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
On the bright side, there will quite soon be an army of people who have handily survived this virus and who are no longer deemed carriers who can be put to good use helping with the ill (or the deceased) or re-establishing the distribution networks.

I do not think that it has been firmly established that recovered COVID-19 patients are either immune to reinfection or are not carriers.

• Agree
Upvote 0