Northern Cambria
✟23,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I’m sorry to create yet another post on here asking for help(I know I’ve created a lot)but I’m having trouble trusting Jesus with my life. I know I have to and I know it’s required for salvation, believe me. But I still have trouble. See, I started out okay but ever since I started reading the Bible I’ve noticed that it says not everyone who says Lord, Lord will go to Heaven. It also says that Jesus will say to many, I never knew you. And these are people who genuinely tried and did preach and everything.
What chance do I have. ASo, it says that unless our righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees we will not go to Heaven. So, how do I know when I’ve done enough. How many good works do I need to get to Heaven. Also, I just can’t trust God. He has so many loopholes in the Bible that I can never be sure of my salvation. I really want to give my life to God but at the same time, I’m afraid to because what if I do and I die and in the end Jesus tells me that I wasn’t good enough or that I was never saved to begin with.
I only have one life and if I’m going to hell anyway I want to know ahead of time so that I don’t wast time on trying to be perfect like Jesus commands. I know it sounds terrible but if I’m go8ng to hell, I want to have fun before it. But at the same time, I really want a relationship with God. My main fear is giving up my life to serve God and then being told it wasn’t enough. I just can’t seem to trust Jesus after reading what I read. I just don’t want to give up my life for nothing.
If I knew that Jesus will save me in the end, I would be more than happy to follow him. I hope you can understand what I’m getting at. Please help me.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi, I’m sorry to create yet another post on here asking for help(I know I’ve created a lot)but I’m having trouble trusting Jesus with my life. I know I have to and I know it’s required for salvation, believe me. But I still have trouble. See, I started out okay but ever since I started reading the Bible I’ve noticed that it says not everyone who says Lord, Lord will go to Heaven. It also says that Jesus will say to many, I never knew you. And these are people who genuinely tried and did preach and everything.
What chance do I have. ASo, it says that unless our righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees we will not go to Heaven. So, how do I know when I’ve done enough. How many good works do I need to get to Heaven. Also, I just can’t trust God. He has so many loopholes in the Bible that I can never be sure of my salvation. I really want to give my life to God but at the same time, I’m afraid to because what if I do and I die and in the end Jesus tells me that I wasn’t good enough or that I was never saved to begin with.
I only have one life and if I’m going to hell anyway I want to know ahead of time so that I don’t wast time on trying to be perfect like Jesus commands. I know it sounds terrible but if I’m go8ng to hell, I want to have fun before it. But at the same time, I really want a relationship with God. My main fear is giving up my life to serve God and then being told it wasn’t enough. I just can’t seem to trust Jesus after reading what I read. I just don’t want to give up my life for nothing.
If I knew that Jesus will save me in the end, I would be more than happy to follow him. I hope you can understand what I’m getting at. Please help me.
But that is just the point, our perfection is in Him not in ourselves. You can't do enough to save yourself, you can not make yourself that perfect. But you can be that perfect in Christ Jesus. How you ask ? By trusting in him, believing in him and communicated with Him. Those who Jesus never knew in the passage you quote, weren't known because they never communicated with Him. They used His name but not only did He never know them but they never knew Him either. They knew about Him, and taught about Him and spoke about Him but they never knew Him.. There was never a relationship there and one might ask if they even believed what they taught even though they knew the words.

The pharisees knew every letter of the law but missed the part where Jesus came to fulfill the law and didn't believe Him. You will perish without Jesus, you can't live up to the law by fulfilling it yourself.. You need the savior.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure what you are referring to as loopholes because scripture says that there is a guarantee of salvation (though few confess this truth) and that guarantee is the indwelling Holy Spirit who is working to transform your life. Ephesians 1:13-14 When you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and when you believed in Him, you were also sealed with the promised Holy Spirit. He is the down payment of our inheritance, for the redemption of the possession, to the praise of His glory.

2 Corinthians 1:22
placed His seal on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a pledge of what is to come.

Galatians 3:14
He redeemed us so that the blessing promised to Abraham would come to the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

The evidence of the Holy Spirit is a growing in righteousness, a growing in new, righteous desires and the fruit of righteousness in growing amounts Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Now if you don't see these things in growing measure...pray and ask God to fill you with His Spirit and then seek Him with everything you are and hope to be and you will begin to see them and in that they are there to build confidence in you and your assurance of salvation.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I use to live in fear, but it was so severe that it killed me inside. Then i was no longer afraid of dying. I mean, i cant fight fate right? So why fear it? Just accept it. That realization has cast out my fear, and now i put my efforts into walking in the spirit, and experiencing Gods peace, joy, and love.

I only have one life and if I’m going to hell anyway I want to know ahead of time so that I don’t wast time on trying to be perfect like Jesus commands.

Jesus commands are never a waste of time. They are the way, truth, and life. You may not be perfect, but you can grow, in time, with patience, perseverance, and the help (guidance/teaching/comfort) of the Holy Spirit..

• Informative
Reactions: Chance7
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God makes no mistakes.. it's usually a misunderstanding on our part.

I find it much harder to trust people.
I can be my own main problem. The real issue is about trusting myself!!

"If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." (in Luke 9:23)

So, trusting myself and how I can understand things is not a good idea.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
.And lean not on your own understanding;
.In all your ways acknowledge Him,
.And He shall direct your paths."
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(Proverbs 3:5-6)

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m having trouble trusting Jesus with my life.
First, how much is our life, compared with the life Jesus will share with us?

"'He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.'" (John 12:25)

So, here is a loophole to help you not to make a big deal out of the life you can get for your own self :) What you try to do only or mainly for your own self will be ruined by . . . you!! Haven't you already gotten a sample of this?

See, I started out okay but ever since I started reading the Bible I’ve noticed that it says not everyone who says Lord, Lord will go to Heaven. It also says that Jesus will say to many, I never knew you. And these are people who genuinely tried and did preach and everything.
Jesus does not say those people were doing their best for Him. They themselves say, they have done so much. But people of Satan are liars. And Jesus says He never knew them, doesn't He? That should answer about if they ever really did anything for Him, versus being liars.

With God, we don't try, we succeed. His grace is almighty in us to have us succeeding in whatsoever He in us has us doing. So we trust Him and submit to Him. This is part of what it means to deny our own selves > we do not trust and depend on our own ability and will power. And we do not judge by how we are now or have been; but now keep trusting God to succeed >

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

it says that unless our righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees we will not go to Heaven.
This means the righteousness of Jesus, as has already been said.

And I offer that there are two basic meanings of righteousness which is in our salvation. There is imputed righteousness, meaning we are declared right with God simply because we have trusted and joined with Jesus. It is like becoming a champion automatically because you have joined the team which has won the Super Bowl . . . even if you did not play in that game.

But then comes God's correction > Hebrews 12:4-11 < so we "become partakers of His holiness" in His love's "peaceable fruit of righteousness". This comes not with doing copy-cat and self-willed things, but with growing in Jesus who is in us as our new inner Person > Galatians 4:19. Jesus in us shares His own love and holiness and righteousness with us . . . in our character, more and more as we grow in the character of His love > 1 John 4:17-18. And this includes developing in how we submit to our Father in His peace > Colossians 3:15 while relating in God's love with one another > Ephesians 4:1-3.

So, it is senseless and foolish to give up on this, which means we have real love with God and the ability to relate well with other people in God's love and guiding.

God's grace in us changes us so we succeed in this. We fail in our own ways of trying. So we need to trust the LORD to succeed.

So, how do I know when I’ve done enough. How many good works do I need to get to Heaven.
It is not about doing enough, but getting to where you have had enough of your own trying! And then trust God to do all He is able, in you and all of us > care about the rest of us, while you are at it ! ! ! Do not let yourself stay isolated in your own self-seeking stuff.

Also, I just can’t trust God. He has so many loopholes in the Bible that I can never be sure of my salvation.
The real loopholes we need to see are the scriptures which show us that we do not have to keep depending on ourselves and keep failing. And we don't have to keep believing that God is not personally interested in us; instead, see how the Bible means that our Heavenly Father does desire to share with us His children, all the time, including to correct us, of course (Hebrews 12:4-11), and personally rule every one of us in His own peace > Colossians 3:15, and have us "forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (please see Ephesians 4:31-32) So, forget that idea that "only God forgives" > our Father wants us to join Him in His love so we are forgiving "even as" God has forgiven us ! ! ! This means in His own goodness of love and peace and joy, in personal sharing with Him so His grace has us lovingly forgiving like this.

So, how ever could you want to accept what is so inferior?? and so dangerous >

I only have one life and if I’m going to hell anyway I want to know ahead of time so that I don’t wast time on trying to be perfect like Jesus commands. I know it sounds terrible but if I’m go8ng to hell, I want to have fun before it.
What is totally dangerous about this is your life without Jesus would get worse and worse >

"But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived." (2 Timothy 3:13)

Galatians 6:7-8 > We will reap so much more than the little seeds we sow. With a handful of seeds you can get a field of food; or you can grow a bunch of thorns which more and more tangle and mangle you. And in the weakness of your pleasure seeking you will become more and more weak so you are guaranteed to also be weak enough to deeply suffer. And then the way you die is the way you will fry. The same fire will have some people smelling very nice to God, while others of self-seeking in their character will smell like burning rubber, after how they have been wheeling and dealing and screeching for their pleasures selfish.

So, we need to invest in how God is able to have us become gentle and humble and quiet like Jesus, and how He in us shares with us how He submits to God and loves any and all people.

Otherwise, one misses out on knowing love; no pleasures can make it worthwhile to not have real love. And we are not loving, by using people who give us what we want. So, Jesus is the only choice :)

I really want a relationship with God.
Jesus is the way :) And Jesus suffered and died like He did on the cross, with hope for any and all people. So, Jesus is not at all conceited; He left Heaven itself, with hope for you. So, if Jesus is not going to give up on you, this is all we need to know :)

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Chance7
Upvote 0