• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Having trouble feeling loved.

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the voices that I hear makes me feel really bad all the time. I have a hard time feeling loved. Everyone says God loves me and I want to believe it is true. I just don't understand why I hear this nasty voice all the time. Should I just take the word of scripture and forget the voice?

Also, weird things happened to me that shook my faith.

Thanks,

SnowTiger

Last edited:

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟449,558.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God created you in His image because He loves you. That is the proof that He loves you. His love for you is beyond measure, complete and perfect. Look at the Son of God on that cross thinking about you and giving His life for you. God’s love will flow through you when you love Him in return, and others as well. He is with you. May God wrap you in a blanket of His love so you feel the warmth of His embrace today. We are your family and we all love you in Christ.

Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
right, you should just take the word of scripture and forget that bad voice. God's Word is the truth. The schizophrenia you have whether it's from genetics, your upbringing, or bad experiences in life is responsible for you hearing those false voices. God bless you
love,
thelord's_pearl

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Should I just take the word of scripture and forget the voice?

Certainly you should believe what scripture tells you and always check scripture.against anything your voices tell you.
You also need to follow the instructions your therapist gave you to help cope with your voices and regularly take any medication.

Upvote 0

Drifter91

Jul 6, 2019
Seoul
✟14,547.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
One of the voices that I hear makes me feel really bad all the time. I have a hard time feeling loved. Everyone says God loves me and I want to believe it is true. I just don't understand why I hear this nasty voice all the time. Should I just take the word of scripture and forget the voice?

Also, weird things happened to me that shook my faith.

Thanks,

SnowTiger
well, i'm not here to shake your faith...but if holding faiths is giving you doubts of what you seek...there are always other things in life besides faith...who knows?...maybe science can be the form of your new spirituality. seek out your own dreams...seek out your own principles...is that so hard?
if you could find grace in from god...that's all well and good...but building storage space in your mind meditatively in your mind for example could be good too.
if you want...think of building your own principles and convictions serving god in your own way.
maybe building your own strong personality could be like serving god in your own way.
think of it as fate...destiny...or whatever side there is in life.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟414,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read the New Testament and know God loves you. Then you will feel it. Take your meds and get any sin or guilt away from you. Think how God loved David and he gave you his words and tools. Think how much good he did through the prophets- all out of love. Get saved, be saved, live saved and you will see God loves you very much.

Reactions: Hopeful37
Upvote 0