Having the Holy Spirit, does that mean I am saved?

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟885,748.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you're trying to fit what I said into that ... it depends on what you mean by the Holy Spirit "leaving" a person. In the sense that He is everywhere present and filling all things, and sustains breath and life, no, He never leaves. He is always "with" everyone, even those who never convert.

But in terms of being filled with the Spirit, walking in the Spirit, clearly some people can become so darkened inside that they no longer have that communion and those descriptions don't apply to them anymore, if they continually follow their bent to self. That line will be different for different people. We must never presume on the grace of God. He may work with us patiently for a very long time - or maybe not. He alone knows the intricacies of our hearts, and will deal with each of us according to His wisdom.

I think there is a difference of the breath of life that God has given all creatures than the Holy Spirit. Everyone has a spirit, that is what it means to be alive, but the Holy Spirit is the means of which we enter through the gate to salvation. I believe spirit is everywhere, giving life to creation, but not the Holy Spirit, since the Holy Spirit is the connected to God, more so IS God, and this world is a fallen world.

Upvote 0

VladimirSurguy

Sep 3, 2018
Sedalia
✟15,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Born from God

In my opinion, the answers to the questions about "birth from above" Bible's topic are the most important in the world. Because it's a matter of eternal life and it's a matter of acquiring the Holy Spirit = the matter of acquiring the Spirit of God = the matter of acquiring the Spirit of Christ = the matter of acquiring Christ = the matter of acquiring Emmanuel = the matter of acquiring the Triune God = the matter of acquiring the Trinity.

What do I see in the Bible about this?

There is a biblical and very brief formula: “Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God." Simple and universal!

Why such a formula is more correct than the generally accepted tradition: "Repented = born again"?

Because it corresponds 100% to what Christ taught about the birth of Above in John 3: 1-21. We have the original source of the Birth from Above Doctrine - The Christ Himself!

I propose for all in the Birth from Above Doctrine let’s stop to be, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way in a study of a Birth from Above Doctrine - then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming according to the elements of the world, according to the philosophies, according to human traditions, the cunning art of seduction, not according to The Christ.

I suggest that you take a great interest in the Birth from Above Doctrine directly from Christ - "we know that you are a teacher who came from God" (John 3: 2). His doctrine is the most powerful Doctrine skeleton for the Body of Christ!

What did I see in the teaching of Christ about Birth from Above Doctrine?

1. Born from above is not the soul, or the body, or combination of the two, - it is our spirit born from above, New Born Spirit! The new spirit who dwells in us from the birth moment is born from the SPIRIT,- John3:6

2. The birth of a new Spirit in human occurs through faith in the fact that Jesus is the Christ.

But there is a problem. The meaning of His Name is not always revealed before believing in His Name.

Let's try to discover it better.

1. God gave us His Son for the purpose that His mission would be accomplished. The name "Christ" bears an immensely important meaning. And the meaning of His name is the Savior of the world. Christ = the Savior of the world. God loved the whole world, -Jn3: 14, 15, 16. On the Cross, the salvation of the human race was accomplished.

2. Whoever believes in His Name (Christ = the Savior of the world), this one accepts Christ.

3. Inn that one person, Christ by His Spirit makes the birth from Above, He creates new creation- the new spirit (John 3: 18, John 3: 6)

Who does NOT NEED it?

Those who has no need of Christ in, who doesn’t go to the Light, i.e. Those who do not recognize themselves as 100% sinner, i.e. they are not Repentant. This Light enlightens everyone, without exception, a person who comes to the world (John 3: 19, 20). It is also appropriate to mention here about John chapter 1.

To whom is it NECESSARY?

To a repentant, i.e. to those who recognized themselves as 100% sinner, i.e. Penitential, i.e. those who go to the Light, and do not run away from Him, that is, those who need Christ (John. 3:21).

To this powerful skeleton (the Teaching of Christ on Birth from Above Doctrine in John3: 1-21), now it is very easy to increment the powerful muscles of the doctrine of the birth from above on the basis of Christ and the Apostles:

1. The Center of Revelation about God becomes the Truth, that He is our Father,- 1John, chapter 2 , and 3.

A father does not exist without children. Children are not without birth. John, chapter 1; Rome.8; 1John, chapter 2, and 3.

2. It is revealed that Christ stands at the door of every human who comes into the world and knocks to their heart. He is waiting to be received.

It is up to everyone to accept Him or not to accept Him,- John1; Revelation 3:20.

And to those who receive Him, He enters to them.

By entering, He commits the birth of the spirit by His Spirit (John 3: 5,6, John 1, Rom. 8.)
Need to mention more about John3:5: “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.” Water here means Word of God. “For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.” (1Peter1:23). Jesus associates Himself with Word of God and source of water:
“On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." John7:37,38.
“The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. John 6:63.
“I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice, he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God”. Rev.19:11.
Also, you can just work with references for verification by yourself: John 4:10-24; 1Cor10:4; Isaiah 55:10,11;

3. It is revealed that we are saved through this resurrection by Him (Eph. 2)

The question arises: "How can we receive Him?"

Believe in His Name! (John3: 18; 1John 5: 1.)

By this faith, we open the door to Him, and He enters to make a birth from Above.

What is hidden in His Name?

Christ = the Savior of the world. John3: 16.17; In4: 25, In4: 42; In1: 29; 2Cor5: 19

The immediate task of the Church, which is the pillar and affirmation of Truth, is to examine and inform the people of what precious meaning is borne by His Name.

Through His Name, the Truth is revealed that He is the Savior of the world, and in fact the Savior of every soul who has a breath in his nostrils.

Is this fact enough to have eternal life with God after death?

NO. INSUFFICIENT.

To have a life with God after death, one must become His child = born again.

How to be in the number of His children = born again?

To believe that He saved all those who have breathing in their nostrils, and if all of them, then, without a reason, and you, dear friend.

BY THIS FAITH YOU OPEN DOOR FOR HIM, HE ENTERS, MAKES BIRTH OF ABOVE, AND GIVES POWER TO BE A CHILD OF GOD.

Some time ago I did not focus on the fullness of the Name of our Savior. After the visit of one FB group, another important aspect of His Name was clarified. Yeshua = Jesus = Savior of the soul / souls from their sins. Sin traumatizes the soul. And now I see better that formula of birth from above: Anyone who believes that Yeshua (the Savior of the Souls of His people from their sins) is Christ (the Savior of the world from the wages of sin) is born of God!!! May His Name be exalted above all names!!! Let every knee bow down before His Name!!!!

Two aspects of salvation are revealed. The Spirit is saved by a single offering through our faith. The soul continues until the moment of death

of the body to need the Savior from sins, she groans from them for release (Rom. 8: 19-21), and with fear and trembling we perform the salvation of our soul from sins with the help of the Savior of our souls (Phil.2 : 12-13). Sin traumatizes our souls, so we run to the Savior.

Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟885,748.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What I believe is that no one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

I'll take that as a yes.

We need to read the Bible as a whole, and not use one or a few verses to make our theology. I know by experience that this doesn't say what you think it says.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What is your understanding? I'm not talking here about enduring to the end, but are we saved as long as we have the Holy Spirit? So please don't make this into a OSAS debate. God bless!

Romans 8:9
"However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him."

Ok, being in the Spirit means you have the Holy Spirit and Romans 8:9 says if you don't have the Holy Spirit you aren't saved, but it doesn't say that if you have the Holy Spirit you are. On the contrary reading Romans 8:12-13 it seems having the Spirit is not equal with being saved if we not live by the Spirit.

"So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh-- for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live."
This post cannot be answered properly with out the OSAS debate...

Do you believe in Christ? Do you believe that He came to die and save the lost? Do you believe that He can save you from your sins? Do you believe that He has the authority to forgive you from your sins?

Have you accepted that salvation is something you cannot do on your own? Have you repented of your sinful ways and accepted Christ as your savior?

Then... He will never leave you or forsake you.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You are describing exactly my new birth that happened 21th of June 2010.

You ask if I'm saved. Do I know with 100% certainty I'm still saved? No I don't! I know I have the Holy Spirit, and I believe I'm saved.

You say, "you know have the Holy Spirit" and believe you are Saved, but you are not 100% sure

If you know you have the Holy Spirit, and you only believe you are Saved, then it is because, nobody has ever taken the time to teach you where it is you stand in Jesus Christ.

Were you Baptized on June 21, 2010?

Are you able to produce any other verses, Chapters which say you can lose your Salvation other than the one I posted in Hebrews?

You say these things happened upon your New Birth, have you died sense?

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is your understanding? I'm not talking here about enduring to the end, but are we saved as long as we have the Holy Spirit? So please don't make this into a OSAS debate. God bless!

Romans 8:9
"However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him."

Ok, being in the Spirit means you have the Holy Spirit and Romans 8:9 says if you don't have the Holy Spirit you aren't saved, but it doesn't say that if you have the Holy Spirit you are. On the contrary reading Romans 8:12-13 it seems having the Spirit is not equal with being saved if we not live by the Spirit.

"So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh-- for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live."
Btw, if someone has any outward sign that he has the Holy Spirit (such as a supernatural or physical sensation), that doesn't mean he is saved.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How do you see the couple in Acts 5?

The fear of the church at the time should indicate that they had salvation but as a result of a lie they lost their life immediately. Would this mean they also lost salvation or was their seat in Heaven secured?

There isn't any mention of their losing their Salvation, and because they died physically because of their actions, does not mean we can assume they also lost their Salvation.

Remember this guy?

1Co. 5:5
To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Didn't lose his Salvation.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think there is a difference of the breath of life that God has given all creatures than the Holy Spirit. Everyone has a spirit, that is what it means to be alive, but the Holy Spirit is the means of which we enter through the gate to salvation. I believe spirit is everywhere, giving life to creation, but not the Holy Spirit, since the Holy Spirit is the connected to God, more so IS God, and this world is a fallen world.
What spirit would that be?

God is the Source of life. There is no other spirit that can give life. He is the source of all of it and present everywhere.

But I recognize this is not what you mean by a person "having the Holy Spirit". There IS a difference between God sustaining our physical lives, and our spirit cooperating with Him toward our salvation.

These kinds of questions, and sometimes the answers, would essentially put God in a box if we claim to be able to definitely know all of it.

Some things we know. God does not abandon a person who has converted to Christ. However, (I know some will disagree), however we retain the free will to choose not to cooperate with Him, to apostatize. I would never be willing to say that God will certainly "save" an apostate. Who knows but something in his experience as he dies may lead again to repentance. Maybe he would be saved. Maybe not. I won't speculate either way.

The basic question comes back to OSAS, though I know you wanted to avoid it. Might be worth seeking out where that idea came from, when, and why. It might answer some other questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There isn't any mention of their losing their Salvation, and because they died physically because of their actions, does not mean we can assume they also lost their Salvation.

Remember this guy?

1Co. 5:5
To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Didn't lose his Salvation.

Acts 3:19-20 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

I think Peter is telling them that they will not have complete forgiveness of sin until the return of the Lord. This lines up with the overcomer's mentioned in Revelation 2&3.

Eph. 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.

Col. 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

I think Paul preached present forgiveness of sin at the point of believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.

The couple in Acts 5 did not overcome and will have to face judgment at the resurrection but the man in 1Cor 5 will not.

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is "belief" enough? Even the demons believe and tremble.
I think the focus of belief is what makes the difference. Peter asked the crowd to believe that Jesus was their promised Messiah. This would have had a cascade effect on any sincere Jew of the day. They would then join Peter and the eleven and prepare for the coming of the Lord. Paul asks us to believe that Jesus died for our sin and was resurrected. This should have a cascade effect also as we realize complete forgiveness of sin and seek a closer relationship with Jesus in the Body of Christ.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Claiming to have the Holy Spirit is not the same as actually having the Holy Spirit. But if one actually has the Holy Spirit, yes there is a guarantee.

Eph 1:13,14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession— to the praise of his glory.

2Co 5:5 Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

2Co 1:22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
yes i think we both know what we mean :) .its difficult to word it . some have received but do not live in it .thus they are not being LED of the Holy Spirit ..they are living in resistance to the Holy Spirit . so in this essence its not a guarantee .. they must still remain faithful .as many as are led by the spirit are the sons .. so we see its not those who have the spirit but those who are being obedient and being led .. (my sheep hear and follow ) -i'm careful not to give any one the impression they can say ..oh i have the holy spirit and speak in tongues so i'm all good i'm off to heaven .and sit in building on Sundays(or saturdays) sing songs give a little money and think they are fine but never GO out and actually obey the lord Jesus in "all he commanded ".. it would be a great error for me to leave people in that thinking .

Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You are describing exactly my new birth that happened 21th of June 2010.

You ask if I'm saved. Do I know with 100% certainty I'm still saved? No I don't! I know I have the Holy Spirit, and I believe I'm saved.
One thing about being a Christian... one who believes on Christ's death, burial and resurtection, and has faith that He is their savior....we don't have to go through life with any doubt about our salvation..

That is one of the beautiful things about it.. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved".

So, don't go along, wondering and hoping that you have salvation....

That is one of Satan's favorite and popular deceptions... to give you doubt as to your salvation... Don't listen to him.

• Optimistic
Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟885,748.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You say, "you know have the Holy Spirit" and believe you are Saved, but you are not 100% sure

If you know you have the Holy Spirit, and you only believe you are Saved, then it is because, nobody has ever taken the time to teach you where it is you stand in Jesus Christ.

Were you Baptized on June 21, 2010?

Are you able to produce any other verses, Chapters which say you can lose your Salvation other than the one I posted in Hebrews?

You say these things happened upon your New Birth, have you died sense?

I was reborn 21th June 2010, it's not up for discussion. No it was not the date of my baptism.

I think there are plenty of verses that say you can lose salvation. I'm not interested to discuss this at all, because I know the answer. What I'm interested to know is if you can lose salvation still having the Holy Spirit, like the topic says.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I was reborn 21th June 2010, it's not up for discussion. No it was not the date of my baptism.

I think there are plenty of verses that say you can lose salvation. I'm not interested to discuss this at all, because I know the answer. What I'm interested to know is if you can lose salvation still having the Holy Spirit, like the topic says.
You the one asking help in this matter, but you building walls where the conversation can't go and you haven't given enough information to help you realistically, so, Have you been Baptized was my question.

If you have not been Baptized then there is you answer.

There are tons of people that call themselves Christians who have never been Baptized,........... to make it clear, they are not Christians.

Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟885,748.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What spirit would that be?

God is the Source of life. There is no other spirit that can give life. He is the source of all of it and present everywhere.

I don't know. Anyhow a pastor once told me against Jesus own words that you can't blaspheme the Holy Spirit because everything living has it.

All I know is when people are born again the Holy Spirit is talking and working inside that person. If you have the Holy Spirit you don't just believe, you know Jesus.

The basic question comes back to OSAS, though I know you wanted to avoid it. Might be worth seeking out where that idea came from, when, and why. It might answer some other questions.

As you probably know I don't believe in OSAS. Feel free to share if you think it's helpful.

Upvote 0