• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Having strong doubts, afraid I'm going to fall away...

NoahSK

Apr 25, 2019
Sarasota
✟32,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys, I'm kinda struggling with some doubts at the moment. I was thinking about the theory that our world is all a simulation run by an advanced civilization of beings and stuff like that. For some reason, it's making me wonder if maybe that theory is true, which also makes me doubt the existence of God and stuff. For some reason, this doubt has gotten really strong and I'm almost worried I'm losing faith or something. I'm trying to fight the doubts, but I don't know how to counter them. I haven't been able to find any real, strong argument against that theory. Can anyone please help? I don't want to end up an atheist or fall away... I'm afraid that's what's gonna happen; this doubt is REALLY strong...

MasterYourLife

Jun 26, 2019
LONDON
✟13,032.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hey guys, I'm kinda struggling with some doubts at the moment. I was thinking about the theory that our world is all a simulation run by an advanced civilization of beings and stuff like that. For some reason, it's making me wonder if maybe that theory is true, which also makes me doubt the existence of God and stuff. For some reason, this doubt has gotten really strong and I'm almost worried I'm losing faith or something. I'm trying to fight the doubts, but I don't know how to counter them. I haven't been able to find any real, strong argument against that theory. Can anyone please help? I don't want to end up an atheist or fall away... I'm afraid that's what's gonna happen; this doubt is REALLY strong...
I've been down that road a few times. You need to snap back into reality and stop dwelling on those fantasies.
You can't disprove a foolish theory that doesn't exist. So when you feel like you can't disprove it, you feel defeated and fall into it. Even though it's fiction.
This is the case for any theory or religion. The more you dwell in it, the more you believe it and try to make sense in it. This is especially true with Christians and evolution. These theories are mantra's, and like they say: if you repeat it enough, you'll start believing it. Regardless of how nonsensical it is.
I can tell you a fictional theory that "makes sense", and even though I completely made it up, you may still believe it simply because it makes sense and there's nothing to object.

So if Christianity falls in this category, how do you find truth?
Rather than looking for proof or disproving, look for the truth in your conscience. If God really gave you your conscious, you'll know who or what the truth is.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It if were a simulation, someone would have had to create the simulation. So that by itself doesn't rule out God, just contradicts the Bible a bit. Still, not all that much...

In a sense, this is a simulation, as far as we know there is the spiritual realm beyond the physical realm and in some ways that will seem more "real" to us when we're there and this life will seem like it was just a dream.

But the designer of this world of ours must be a good designer to allow us to know that this world is created. If he wanted to keep us trapped here, he would never allow us to consider the possibility that there might be something more "out there".

None of that contradicts what the Bible tells us about God and creating the world.

In a similar, but more humorous, way of thinking about this, I always thought it would be super humbling to find out once we're in heaven that our entire universe was just a button on a couch cushion or something. :eek::D

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
@NoahSK do you have any evidence to support your theory? We do have evidence to support The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We have a bible full of recorded miracles performed by The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Perhaps reading about his miracles could help you steer to something that has evidential support.

Upvote 0

A. Sinner

Aug 18, 2019
Yukon
✟1,458.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s a pretty convincing theory! No need to be panicked just because something outside of Christianity made sense to you, it happens to everyone. Even if it’s true, just think of God as the lead programmer of the simulation. I mean everyone knows that God is a coder, just ask any coder!

Upvote 0