• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Having nightmares again

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel I would just be pointlessly memorizing... One of the people at my former church heard the lord speak to her when she was young...and has ever since.

I'm willing...I don't know why I can't do it.too
Oh the best thing is you don't have to memorize anything! Just read. I still can't quote scripture by passage and verse but I know if something is in there and I usually know if it's old or new testament but that's about it. Just take it easy, read a chapter a day if you can or more if you want as long as you read something! And reading even a little before going to sleep helps with bad dreams too think of it as putting on the armor of God to do battle against bad dreams. I just want you to know that I have never had God speak to me as a separate voice but only through His Word and with an understanding in my mind. Have you ever had what seems like a light bulb turned on in your head? I don't mean literally but an understanding of knowing something for the first time? God's Spirit opens your mind to understand God's Word, a little at a time. Try not to worry about anything else and I am praying for you!

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean you're no longer afraid.

Somehow, I feel more in control of my dreams now. For example same scary dreams I had when I was younger, I had the same dream but I wasn't afraid. I was more curious than afraid and such dreams often stop being nightmares.

Upvote 0

aangel

Sep 25, 2014
✟14,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there a way you could listen to music while you sleep? If not maybe you can play music throughout the day. I used to listen to these scripture lullabies to fall asleep. Now I have an instrumental cd of theirs that I listen to.

I also read Psalm 91 every night before I got to sleep. I pray it over me and my loved ones. I ask God to take care of my sleep and dreams—to bless them. I also plead the blood over my mind and dreams.

When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Proverbs 3:24

In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the LORD sustained me Psalm 3:5

The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. 8 The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. Psalm 127:7-8

Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. Luke 10:19

I pray these scriptures too. I also repeat these to myself when I'm having trouble falling asleep. But since I'm trying to mediate more I've been writing scriptures on sticky notes and reading them out loud several times throughout the day. Especially, when my mind starts to stray onto anxious thoughts. I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping. I pray that God will deliver us all sooner than later. I turn 26 in May with nothing to show for it. I want to actually have a life and enjoy it instead of just existing. I want to enjoy God's best.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Is there a way you could listen to music while you sleep? If not maybe you can play music throughout the day. I used to listen to these scripture lullabies to fall asleep. Now I have an instrumental cd of theirs that I listen to.

I also read Psalm 91 every night before I got to sleep. I pray it over me and my loved ones. I ask God to take care of my sleep and dreams—to bless them. I also plead the blood over my mind and dreams.

When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Proverbs 3:24

In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the LORD sustained me Psalm 3:5

The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. 8 The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. Psalm 127:7-8

Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. Luke 10:19

I pray these scriptures too. I also repeat these to myself when I'm having trouble falling asleep. But since I'm trying to mediate more I've been writing scriptures on sticky notes and reading them out loud several times throughout the day. Especially, when my mind starts to stray onto anxious thoughts. I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping. I pray that God will deliver us all sooner than later. I turn 26 in May with nothing to show for it. I want to actually have a life and enjoy it instead of just existing. I want to enjoy God's best.
Right...I'm 25...buy in back in school and found out I just need this term and summer and ill be done with my prerequisites...and hopefully I can apply to OTA program in August...that'll be a nice clean sweep... And then ill be an OT...I really hope that happens so everything I went through can be worth it...
But ill try those scripture lullabies, thank you :)

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You can do it....u just gotta shut those other voices up. Use Gods word against them. Obtain knowledge, the teaching at least give it ur time and search urself thru it. U never know.....Ur life is worth the try. The more we are emotionally attached to a situation, the harder it is to hear. Like I can hear for others better than myself, bc my emotions r in the way. Im a fighter for who and what I love.....and I dont back down. Just give it a try, can't hurt anything.
Right.

Upvote 0