• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Having nightmares again

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It sucks because to my knowledge nothing brought them on, yet...in my dream it was like 3 things I'm most afraid of( don't want to talk about it) in my dream....

I'm still shaken.... God, this really is too much. Sometimes I just really want to end it, because I don't know if ill have the mental stability to do school....and keeping it all under wraps is harder.

I swear when I'm in my room, maybe its me or the anxiety but when I'm alone its like I can feel something so close to me....

I'm tired of my life being a nightmare....

It'd be so easy for me to just go in a car crash, why won't god just let me die...my worthless life is irredeemable...there's nothing left to redeem.

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My worst fear is my anxiety morphing into psychosis...having visual and auditory hallucinations.... When that happens ill know there was never a god looking out for me or that ever cared...., not in the least.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a problem with nightmares once. The pastor told me to pray the Blood of Jesus over my pillow every night before I go to sleep. The nightmares went away after that. Even I did not have faith that this was going to work.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I had a problem with nightmares once. The pastor told me to pray the Blood of Jesus over my pillow every night before I go to sleep. The nightmares went away after that. Even I did not have faith that this was going to work.
Alright.

Upvote 0

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My worst fear is my anxiety morphing into psychosis...having visual and auditory hallucinations.... When that happens ill know there was never a god looking out for me or that ever cared...., not in the least.
Fear is truly a monster and the more you give in to it the more it grows, I know. Phobias are evil fears and the way to overcome them is the fear of God. I know that must sound odd but the Fear of God is the beginning of knowledge and the Fear of God is to keep His commandments. I posted a comment to one of your other questions and your help is still the same. read God's Word and pray whether you "feel" He is listening or not. You wondered why God was not using you or showing that He was listening or paying any attention to you but now you are being overcome with anxiety! Just pray and ask God for correction (no matter who we are we need correction) and ask Him to not give up on you even if you feel like giving up on Him. Sometimes asking for the right things are what matters and if you don't know what to ask for or how to ask...ask to be shown that as well. I have been plagued with nightmares from childhood, terror is a mild word for them. I have learned to pray to God in my dreams and have believed that God uses them to build my trust in Him.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Fear is truly a monster and the more you give in to it the more it grows, I know. Phobias are evil fears and the way to overcome them is the fear of God. I know that must sound odd but the Fear of God is the beginning of knowledge and the Fear of God is to keep His commandments. I posted a comment to one of your other questions and your help is still the same. read God's Word and pray whether you "feel" He is listening or not. You wondered why God was not using you or showing that He was listening or paying any attention to you but now you are being overcome with anxiety! Just pray and ask God for correction (no matter who we are we need correction) and ask Him to not give up on you even if you feel like giving up on Him. Sometimes asking for the right things are what matters and if you don't know what to ask for or how to ask...ask to be shown that as well. I have been plagued with nightmares from childhood, terror is a mild word for them. I have learned to pray to God in my dreams and have believed that God uses them to build my trust in Him.
I'm about the fear of God, I'm some2hat OCD...and I had enough fear and public rebukes instilled in me by my former pastor. I'm wasting away...and she caused it and she's not sorry. I can't help my defective brain.. It is what it is... If I die oh well I guess..I'm tired of fighting a losing battle.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This helped me please don't see it and think I am judging u or placing judgement.....Im really not I used to have anxiety sooooooo bad. Just listen to it and see what u think. Please dont give up and let the devil win, there must b something really great in ur life that God has for u, <staff edit>.....Love in Christ and prayers!

Youtube
Derek Prince - How to be delivered <staff edit> :prayer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This helped me please don't see it and think I am judging u or placing judgement.....Im really not I used to have anxiety sooooooo bad. Just listen to it and see what u think. Please dont give up and let the devil win, there must b something really great in ur life that God has for u <staff edit>.....Love in Christ and prayers!

Youtube
Derek Prince - How to be delivered <staff edit> :prayer:
I tried at my old church and it came back worse and I was treated badly. I know enough to know you can't do this sort of stuff if you're not seasoned. I can't even hear Gods voice....so there's no way I'm gonna try and deliver myself...messing with demons could kill you.

I have the clarity to not tread where even angels fear... But I do know I'm dealing with bitterness. I don't know 2hat to do...all I know to do is just keep going the best I can

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This helped me please don't see it and think I am judging u or placing judgement.....Im really not I used to have anxiety sooooooo bad. Just listen to it and see what u think. Please dont give up and let the devil win, there must b something really great in ur life that God has for u, that is why satan is fighting you.....Love in Christ and prayers!

Youtube
Derek Prince - How to be delivered (from demons / evil spirits) (1995)

This teaching helped me to see that I had a spirit of bitterness in me BIG TIME and once I recognized it and dealt with it.....I was so relieved to know this. And now I know what to do. :prayer:
I don't think there's anything great in my life...I simply just want a degree and just want to live a normal life as possible.....and get a grip on my anxiety.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satan does not want u to recognize the authority that u have being a christian and he doesn't want u to call of the name of Jesus. When I referred to video I was meaning as in a way that what he teaches on helps identify certain areas or maybe even things in the past that u have forgotten or that someone did to u....this could help u at least get knowledge and trace it to something.

I'll use myself for example and I am totally humiliated and embarassed to share this but I want u to see something in my story.....

My son from the time of birth til almost 3 yrs old STAYED sick, i mean in and out of the hospital all the time. He cried always it was a nightmare and as a mother I couldn't help him. I felt hopeless. I was so frustrated and I was like "God why"? Why r u doing this to him and why wont u heal him???? I was blaming God, yet I loved Him and served Him.

One day sitting on the back pew at church holding my son who was almost 3 and I felt him getting hot with a fever again......I was like God no, not again. I felt utterly desperate.

A still small voice said..........remember that day u was in the bathroom crying and u sat on the toilet and u said.......God Im not ready to have another child, can u please just let it pass from me now.

This is almost 3 1/2 yrs later.....sitting on a back pew, young and desperate. HE REMINDED ME of what I said in a moment of self pity and despair and I CURSED MY OWN CHILD with that one 3 second sentence.

At the end of the service, preachers about to say amen, have a good day, blah blah blah........I stand up with my son in my hand tears rolling down my face and said PASTOR I need to come up to the front.

I walked up there with my baby in my arms, I explained to them that I WAS the reason and God spoke to me and told me I did this to him. We joined hands, I prayed cried and repented and asked God to break the curse of my words off of my sons and that no longer could the devil use his authority to hurt my child again.

I kid u not............He never ever ever got sick again.

I have never forgot that lesson. And I never will. I hope u find light because you are worth something. He wouldn't have died for u if u weren't worth it.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Satan does not want u to recognize the authority that u have being a christian and he doesn't want u to call of the name of Jesus. When I referred to video I was meaning as in a way that what he teaches on helps identify certain areas or maybe even things in the past that u have forgotten or that someone did to u....this could help u at least get knowledge and trace it to something.

I'll use myself for example and I am totally humiliated and embarassed to share this but I want u to see something in my story.....

My son from the time of birth til almost 3 yrs old STAYED sick, i mean in and out of the hospital all the time. He cried always it was a nightmare and as a mother I couldn't help him. I felt hopeless. I was so frustrated and I was like "God why"? Why r u doing this to him and why wont u heal him???? I was blaming God, yet I loved Him and served Him.

One day sitting on the back pew at church holding my son who was almost 3 and I felt him getting hot with a fever again......I was like God no, not again. I felt utterly desperate.

A still small voice said..........remember that day u was in the bathroom crying and u sat on the toilet and u said.......God Im not ready to have another child, can u please just let it pass from me now.

This is almost 3 1/2 yrs later.....sitting on a back pew, young and desperate. HE REMINDED ME of what I said in a moment of self pity and despair and I CURSED MY OWN CHILD with that one 3 second sentence.

At the end of the service, preachers about to say amen, have a good day, blah blah blah........I stand up with my son in my hand tears rolling down my face and said PASTOR I need to come up to the front.

I walked up there with my baby in my arms, I explained to them that I WAS the reason and God spoke to me and told me I did this to him. We joined hands, I prayed cried and repented and asked God to break the curse of my words off of my sons and that no longer could the devil use his authority to hurt my child again.

I have never forgot that lesson. And I never will. I hope u find light because you are worth something. He wouldn't have died for u if u weren't worth it.
That's the thing .... If god can just talk to me and help me the way he did with you... I would do it in a heart beat

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

That's amazing how words have such an affect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's amazing how words have such an affect.
EXACTLY.....thats the point to this. Is getting knowledge of HOW our words daily effect our spiritual rights. Just for an example.....im arguing with the hubby and out of my frustration and anger i say to him.

You r just like ur father and u will never amount to anything. U don't care, u dont listen u just run like a coward and r selfish to the core.

Now (in the spirit) world what do u think I just did??? Did I alert the Holy Spirits help, OR did I alert a demons help???

Did I speak good with my sword (my tongue where there is life and death) OR did I speak evil?? I unknowingly just cursed him even more. Gave more ammo to satan to have all rights to just tare me and him to shreds.

Theres nothing wrong with gaining knowledge. Its power. This one moment that I had concerning my son doesn't happen everyday and all the time. Most of the times we choose to NOT hear him. Because we allow the negative voices in our head to b louder and b4 long we speak it and then......BOOM mission accomplished and the "bad boys" move in and don't let go.

Do u remember a previous post and I believe u read it......where I explained the black mist flying around this persons head? The one where I was trying to explain something to them and for SOME STRANGE REASON THERE WAS MASS CONFUSION and they didn't understand me??

Upvote 0

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please, if you want to hear God speak to you just read His Words. When you feel your anxiety welling up in you read some more. You don't have to do anything just yet only read then God will show you something in His words that will jump out at you, like He's talking directly to you! When I was first converted in my early 20's (I'm 52 now) I had read the bible from beginning to end at least 3 times but when I began to read it again after I was converted the words on the pages looked different, they looked alive! They were not just ink on paper. Then I knew that each word I read either out loud or in my head was Christ the Word of God in print and reading made them a living part of me. Also about your nightmares...I found that sleeping with a bible helps and it still does today.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
EXACTLY.....thats the point to this. Is getting knowledge of HOW our words daily effect our spiritual rights. Just for an example.....im arguing with the hubby and out of my frustration and anger i say to him.

You r just like ur father and u will never amount to anything. U don't care, u dont listen u just run like a coward and r selfish to the core.

Now (in the spirit) world what do u think I just did??? Did I alert the Holy Spirits help, OR did I alert a demons help???

Did I speak good with my sword (my tongue where there is life and death) OR did I speak evil?? I unknowingly just cursed him even more. Gave more ammo to satan to have all rights to just tare me and him to shreds.

Theres nothing wrong with gaining knowledge. Its power. This one moment that I had concerning my son doesn't happen everyday and all the time. Most of the times we choose to NOT hear him. Because we allow the negative voices in our head to b louder and b4 long we speak it and then......BOOM mission accomplished and the "bad boys" move in and don't let go.

Do u remember a previous post and I believe u read it......where I explained the black mist flying around this persons head? The one where I was trying to explain something to them and for SOME STRANGE REASON THERE WAS MASS CONFUSION and they didn't understand me??
Yes I remember.... I still don't know what to do.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Please, if you want to hear God speak to you just read His Words. When you feel your anxiety welling up in you read some more. You don't have to do anything just yet only read then God will show you something in His words that will jump out at you, like He's talking directly to you! When I was first converted in my early 20's (I'm 52 now) I had read the bible from beginning to end at least 3 times but when I began to read it again after I was converted the words on the pages looked different, they looked alive! They were not just ink on paper. Then I knew that each word I read either out loud or in my head was Christ the Word of God in print and reading made them a living part of me. Also about your nightmares...I found that sleeping with a bible helps and it still does today.
I feel I would just be pointlessly memorizing... One of the people at my former church heard the lord speak to her when she was young...and has ever since.

I'm willing...I don't know why I can't do it.too

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can do it....u just gotta shut those other voices up. Use Gods word against them. Obtain knowledge, the teaching at least give it ur time and search urself thru it. U never know.....Ur life is worth the try. The more we are emotionally attached to a situation, the harder it is to hear. Like I can hear for others better than myself, bc my emotions r in the way. Im a fighter for who and what I love.....and I dont back down. Just give it a try, can't hurt anything.

Upvote 0