Wisconsin
✟9,271.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, I am just about to throw away my Christian Rock CD's. I like them, and there's people who give the plain honest truth on them, but I have problems with them. They support a person who I believe is hypocritical and have nice things to say about him. What is it, do they all get fooled by I am a fellow Christian, I am pro-life, God tells me what to do sort of people?
I am at wit's end trying to figure out how they can morally justify themselves. And especially ones that should know better. I am even thinking of not including quotes by Christian artists in my thread, even though the quotes are true, but these people seem to have fallen for what I think is a lie of mass deception.
I like them, yes, but cannot justify who they support. I may give up entirely on their music if they continue to say things in support of this person, because I don't believe it is right to support him. Saying "God, , God," and then doing things that God would not want us to do really bothers me and this person is good at doing this. I really don't know what to do. I was thinking of switching to listening to Casting Crowns because they are rumored to have spoken out against this person. I don't know what to do. Find out the artist's e-mail or postal addresses and ask them to justify their support of this person? Stop caring about Christian rock altogether? Bang my head against the wall and refuse to go on living? What?
I know I mentioned other Christians, yes and they also support this person and it drives me crazy.

Also, does anyone know where to ask about spiritual experiences and troubling visions that are nonsense compared to your current reality? I need a psychoanalysis or something.

FadingWhispers3

Senior Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
✟19,344.00
Faith
Humanist
Politics
US-Others
Well, I am just about to throw away my Christian Rock CD's.

I listen to music because I like it rather than because of the lives the artists live, but I suppose that taking a stand on what you believe is alright too.

They support a hypocrite

I like to give people the benefit of a doubt... or two. I would ask if they know that this person is a hypocrite or if they believe this person is not a hypocrite. Willfully supporting what is wrong is completely different from supporting something out of ignorance.

but these people seem to have fallen for what I think is a lie of mass deception.

Yes, well, my philosophy is to never blame the victim. Although you may say artists have a responsibility being in the position that they are and must be held accountable, anyone can fall for deception.

Upvote 0

Aimee30

That's Me in the Corner
Oct 8, 2004
Wisconsin
✟9,271.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't say who the person is, otherwise I have to have proof and saying who this person is will likely get me in trouble and perhaps reported.
It's just that some of the ones I liked a lot attended an event that I would not agree with that was in support of him. One didn't sttend the event but is connected to the others who did and actually complimented him on his efforts for AIDS relief, not that I think it's wrong to support AIDS relief, I just have doubts whether that person is trustworthy or not if he says nice things about the guy and is connected to people who support him.
And if you don't think Christian rock is any good, check out the Bride website:
http://www.bridepub.com
http://www.cdgospelstore.com.br/mp3/bride1406.mp3

Upvote 0

Aimee30

That's Me in the Corner
Oct 8, 2004
Wisconsin
✟9,271.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here these links may give away stuff about how I feel without saying the name of the person:
Telltale Crime:
http://www.lyricskeeper.com/circle_of_dust-lyrics/116785-telltale_crime-lyrics.htm
Regressor:
http://www.lyricskeeper.com/circle_of_dust-lyrics/116784-regressor-lyrics.htm

Here is a link to the video that goes with the first link--I wish I could show you my videotape of it--it deosn't skip on 56k connection links like this one--but here it is and controversial too, if you think about it:
http://www.hotget.com/videocode/Circle_Of_Dust-Telltale_Crime--1723.html
It's a good video and the part about Vietnam has nothing to do with the person I'm thinking about. I don't usually go for that kind of music, but I love that video.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am incredibly confused. Are we talking about an actual Christian rock music group, or one of those P.O.D., Creed or Lifehouse bands that appeal to Christians and everyone confuses them for a "Christian" band?

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, just because a band may support a cause or a political icon you disapprove of does not mean they don't produce good music. It's kinda like when all those people threw out or burned their Dixie Chicks CD's because of the band's comments against George Bush. Should bands stay out of the political realm? Yes and no. Getting involved puts the band at risk of overstepping the line and upsetting their fan base. On the other hand, it can be a great display of using your popularity and influence to support a cause. Sort of like P. Diddy and the "Vote or Die" campaign.

Let's face it. Christian artists are human beings just like the rest of us and, while they usually don't end up as popular as other mainstream recording artists, a good majority of their time is spent in the public eye. Christian celebrities are subject to major scrutiny because their fan base expects them to live a life that exemplifies their Christ-centered music. Bottom line, at the end of the day they're still flawed human beings like the rest of us who occasionally make bad decisions, say stupid things or support a cause people don't agree with. Celebrities are not going to make decisions that will please 100% of their fan base every time.

The choice is ultimately yours. I, personally, wouldn't waste my time sending a letter or email to the band or their PR director. It's not as if it will change them. If you don't feel comfortable listening to their music, then don't. Find an alternative band to enjoy. I wouldn't launch some campaign though to "expose" them or send them an angry letter. Unless they've done something thoroughly appalling, but none of us know any details thus far.

Oh, and as an afterthought, are you certain this group has done whatever it is that has upset you so? Or did you read an article or are you going on heresay?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aimee30

That's Me in the Corner
Oct 8, 2004
Wisconsin
✟9,271.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Circle of Dust is a Christian band and believe it or not the song is from the '90''s I believe '95. However, it is very relevant today as we can see. It's got a 2005 reissue. Yes, they are Christians--if that isn't enough check out Bride's lyrics in the song called Whitehouse:
http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/bride/fistfullofbees.html
They are kind of a metal band, although this album was more rap.
However you'll notice the song below it is anti-partial birth abortion.
But as it was 2001, we wonder who they are referrring to as the governor with twisted reason.

Upvote 0