• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Having Jesus Know You is the Key to Next Life

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Dennis12, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Dennis12

Dennis12 Newbie

+6
    Christian
    Married
    Looking at the Millennium Kingdom as God's way of reaching all have died without the opportunity to know Jesus..

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+5,276
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank God for that!

3. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,643
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    Scripture says.

Heb. 9:27
    And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Of course there are some who would like for us to believe, we all have chance for a second bite of the apple.

4. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Senior Member Supporter

+38,549
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hi Dennis, how will those who have died have the opportunity to come to know Jesus in the future :scratch: The Bible tells us that believers will be raised from the dead to reign with Him for a thousand years, but I don't remember the Bible mentioning the bodily resurrection of the reprobate as well, at least not at that time anyway?

If I'm wrong about that, please tell me where it says so as I'd like to read it for myself.

--David

5. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+7,055
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    The Bible says that the converted believer will be raised to eternal life, and the unconverted will be raised to judgment. So there will be two resurrections, and it seems that the resurrection of the converted will happen around the same time as the Rapture, but the resurrection of the unconverted to judgment will happen some time later.

6. Dennis12

Dennis12 Newbie

+6
    Christian
    Married

7. Dennis12

Dennis12 Newbie

+6
    Christian
    Married
    It isn't about having a second chance. The question is what happens to people who have never had a chance

8. CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady Well-Known Member Supporter

+166
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    I was reading in Revelation and it seemed that when Jesus comes to earth for the 1000 years, only those who have been martyrs for him will raise in this first resurrection, and rule with him for those 1000 years. Then at the end of the millennium there will be a second resurrection of everyone else and will be separated according to whether your name is written in the book of Life or not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Dennis12

Dennis12 Newbie

+6
    Christian
    Married
    Where in the Bible does it say "believers are raised from the dead to reign with Him" ?

10. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,643
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    The question to you then would be, who do you suppose those people actually are?

Especially in this day and age of Technology.
    Do they need to hear an individual Salvation Message for them to be taken off the list of having never heard?

11. CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady Well-Known Member Supporter

+166
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    Revelation 20:
    4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

cc: @Dennis12

12. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+15,747
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    The author of Hebrews writes, "But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone." (Hebrews 2:9)

Christ died the death of every person. To that end, is there anyone Christ does not know? For Christ died once and for all. For all means for all, all without exception.

As for those who did not know Him in this life, we leave this in God's gracious and loving hands. As it is written, "And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment," (Hebrews 9:27); and so we entrust all to the judgment of God. He who shall judge you and me is He who will judge the whole world. And, let us know this: That the One who judges all is the One who gave His life for all. Let us therefore be satisfied that He is merciful and just in all things.

-CryptoLuthearn