• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Having anxiety and panic attacks: Would adrenaline rush make you feel like fainting?

Pearl7

Aug 20, 2021
ORADEA
✟18,908.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have problems with anxiety and panic attacks for a couple of years. Mostly because of family issues, abuse and lot of problems. Sometimes I can keep it under control. I am talking with a counsellor for a couple of months and the truths I have discovered with her made me more anxious lately. Sometimes truth hurts a lot.
I would like to know more what I experience when I have anxiety or panic attacks.
And there's something I don't understand.
I suppose anxiety or panic attacks are adrenaline rush in a stressful situation? When I read about adrenaline rush I read things like the person becomes powerful invincible, even if it's a stressful situation. My counsellor told me this too. What I feel is: that something gets into my body and at first I feel my muscles tough but then I become so weak as if I would faint or something. I breath faster and my thoughts are out of control and the whole situation is like the end of the world. I feel my heart would explode and it's like hell. What I experience is still an adrenaline rush? Because everything I feel is definitely not invincible.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does your counselor give you anything from the Bible, about this?

I think you can help this, by doing things the Bible says to do. The physical things can be helped by spiritual things . . . what helps me are being quiet, as much as I can, and do not trust what that nasty and negative thinking is telling you. Just do not trust it. Yes, it might keep nagging you and trying to torture you, but stay with trusting God who loves us.

my thoughts are out of control
Yes, but God is able to share with us so our thinking is with Him in His peace. But if we try to manage our own selves, this does not work for anyone, I offer.

Upvote 0

Pearl7

Aug 20, 2021
ORADEA
✟18,908.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does your counselor give you anything from the Bible, about this?

I think you can help this, by doing things the Bible says to do. The physical things can be helped by spiritual things . . . what helps me are being quiet, as much as I can, and do not trust what that nasty and negative thinking is telling you. Just do not trust it. Yes, it might keep nagging you and trying to torture you, but stay with trusting God who loves us.

Yes, but God is able to share with us so our thinking is with Him in His peace. But if we try to manage our own selves, this does not work for anyone, I offer.
Yes, she encourages me with verses too.
My question was if an adrenaline rush can make someone feel like fainting or excited and invincible. Because I feel like fainting.

Upvote 0