Visit site
✟293,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
After explaining to His disciples the parables of the Kingdom of Heaven, Jesus asked them; Have you understood all this? and they answered – Yes.
Matthew 13:51

It was a simple sounding question, but actually He was asking the most profound question of the ages.. Jesus was asking if they knew that, in Gods eyes there are two and only two – classes of people in the world: Those that accept God and His Laws: wheat, buried treasure, pearls and good fish - and the children of Satan: tares, weeds and worthless fish.

Matthew 13:37-42... He replied; The sower of the good seed is the Son of Man.

The field is the world, the good seed stands for the children of the Kingdom and the weeds, the children of the evil one.
The enemy who sowed the weeds is the devil The harvest is the end of time and the reapers are angels.
As the weeds are gathered up and burnt at the end of the age, the Son of Man will rid His Kingdom of every cause of sin and all whose deeds are evil. These will be thrown into the blazing furnace, where there will be much wailing and sorrow.

Matthew 13:43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the Kingdom of their Father If you have ears, then hear.

Just a speculation – but Jesus gave four parables about who will and who will not inherit the Kingdom;
1/ The wheat and the weeds – Messianic Jews and apostate Jews, the House of Judah.

2/ The buried treasure – The born again Christians who are also the House of Israel.

3/ A pearl of great value – A person who dedicates their life to the Lord.

4/ The good and worthless fish – Gentile peoples, believers and unbelievers.

Luke 6:20 Blessed are you who are in need; the Kingdom of God is yours.
Reference, Revised English Bible.

“There are two kinds of people – those who say to God: Thy will be done, and those to whom God says “all right, then, have it your way” C.S. Lewis

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Has not the Bible from cover to cover been about the will of man vs the Will of God? Did not Jesus up it a notch and make it will and world of man vs will and world of God's Kingdom? It was His Gospel (not the one of Christianity)

Two wills in the world and within Christianity

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟272,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After explaining to His disciples the parables of the Kingdom of Heaven, Jesus asked them; Have you understood all this? and they answered – Yes.

It was a simple sounding question, but actually He was asking the most profound question of the ages.. Jesus was asking if they knew that, in Gods eyes there are two and only two – classes of people in the world: Those that accept God and His Laws: wheat, buried treasure, pearls and good fish - and the children of Satan: tares, weeds and worthless fish.

The field is the world, the good seed stands for the children of the Kingdom and the weeds, the children of the evil one.
The enemy who sowed the weeds is the devil The harvest is the end of time and the reapers are angels.
As the weeds are gathered up and burnt at the end of the age, the Son of Man will rid His Kingdom of every cause of sin and all whose deeds are evil. These will be thrown into the blazing furnace, where there will be much wailing and sorrow.

Matthew 13:43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the Kingdom of their Father If you have ears, then hear.

Just a speculation – but Jesus gave four parables about who will and who will not inherit the Kingdom;
1/ The wheat and the weeds – Messianic Jews and apostate Jews, the House of Judah.

2/ The buried treasure – The born again Christians who are also the House of Israel.

“There are two kinds of people – those who say to God: Thy will be done, and those to whom God says “all right, then, have it your way” C.S. Lewis

This notion of the duality of the wheat & tares/ good fish & bad fish seems to be one of the most difficult concepts for Christians to accept. The idea of the 'whisked away' rapture has destroyed any understanding of it.

The beast from the 'sea' is comprised of the kingdom of the 'bad fish'. The beast from the 'earth' is the kingdom of the 'tares'/ crop from the earth. Each group of good & bad 'fish' are sorted via the mark of the beast. Each 'crop' of wheat or tares is sorted via the mark of the beast.

At the 7th Trumpet, when a most holy [place] is anointed at the end of 70 'weeks'/70 7's/ '77' years of desolations of Jerusalem (Daniel 9:24). This is the start of the 'kingdom of heaven', where the good fish are separated from the bad fish; the good wheat separated from the poisonous tares. The beast from the sea siphons off the bad fish/ the beast from the earth siphons off the tares.

Matt 13
24 Here is another story Jesus told: “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a farmer who planted good seed in his field. 25 But that night as the workers slept, his enemy came and planted weeds among the wheat, then slipped away. 26 When the crop began to grow and produce grain, the weeds also grew.

27 “The farmer’s workers went to him and said, ‘Sir, the field where you planted that good seed is full of weeds! Where did they come from?’

28 “‘An enemy has done this!’ the farmer exclaimed.

“‘Should we pull out the weeds?’ they asked.

29 “‘No,’ he replied, ‘you’ll uproot the wheat if you do. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. Then I will tell the harvesters to sort out the weeds, tie them into bundles, and burn them, and to put the wheat in the barn.’”
[...]
37 Jesus replied, “The Son of Man is the farmer who plants the good seed. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed represents the people of the Kingdom. The weeds are the people who belong to the evil one. 39 The enemy who planted the weeds among the wheat is the devil. The harvest is the end of the world, and the harvesters are the angels.

40 “Just as the weeds are sorted out and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the world. 41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will remove from his Kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 And the angels will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in their Father’s Kingdom. Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand!
And here is the 'beast from the sea'
47 “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a fishing net that was thrown into the water and caught fish of every kind. 48 When the net was full, they dragged it up onto the shore, sat down, and sorted the good fish into crates, but threw the bad ones away. 49 That is the way it will be at the end of the world. The angels will come and separate the wicked people from the righteous, 50 throwing the wicked into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 51 Do you understand all these things?”

“Yes,” they said, “we do.”​

After the 2 witnesses (new Zerubabbel & new Joshua) have preached the kingdom of heaven, building a spiritual temple during the 2nd woe, then the angels/ messengers sort everyone out, starting at the 7th Trumpet. The beasts from the sea & earth arrive to tempt away the wicked from the good.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Has not the Bible from cover to cover been about the will of man vs the Will of God? Did not Jesus up it a notch and make it will and world of man vs will and world of God's Kingdom? It was His Gospel (not the one of Christianity)

Two wills in the world and within Christianity
I think you will have to explain that more fully.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

I am reminded of John's disciples when they came and asked Jesus about why His disciples did not fast. He told them about the bride groom, then talked about new wine in old bottles and a new cloth to repair an old garment. I have often wondered what they said to each other after they left Jesus.
"Let's see: we asked Him about fasting - and He told us, don't put new wine in old bottles..."

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Sure they understood, it's perfectly comprehensive, you could teach it in a child's Bible study class. Still they asked when Jesus was about to ascend, 'will you at this time restore the kingdom'. Even when Jesus was gone, they were standing there staring off into the sky, an angel had to be sent to tell them to go back to Jerusalem and wait for the promised Holy Spirit.

Christians are naturally anxious for Christ to return, we have to wait and that's just too bad. Still I get a kick out of it.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Even when Jesus was gone, they were standing there staring off into the sky, an angel had to be sent to tell them to go back to Jerusalem and wait for the promised Holy Spirit.

Sounds like a scene from a stoner movie.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Reminds me of the covenantle parable/story of the rich-man and Lazarus in Luke 16

Rich-man and Lazarus True story or Parable

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

Luke 16
14 And also the Pharisees, being lovers of money, were hearing all these things, and were deriding Him

Mat 23:33

'Serpents! brood of vipers!
how may ye escape from the judgment of the gehenna?

Luke 16:
19 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day."
24 And he sounding said: "Father Abraham! be thou merciful to-me! and send Lazarus!, that he should be dipping the tip of the finger of him of water, and should be cooling down the tongue of me,--
that I am being pained in this Flame"
26 " 'And besides all this, between us and ye there is a great gulf fixed,
so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot,
nor can those from there pass to us.' "

Matthew 3:9
"And no ye should be thinking to say in yourselves 'a Father we are having, the Abraham'.
For I am saying unto ye, that is able the God out of the Stones, these, to raise-up offspring/children to the Abraham. [Luke 3:8/16:24]

Is the "GEHENNA" of Matt 23:33 the "LAKE OF FIRE" in Revelation? Poll thread

Last edited:
Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Sure they understood, it's perfectly comprehensive, you could teach it in a child's Bible study class. Still they asked when Jesus was about to ascend, 'will you at this time restore the kingdom'. Even when Jesus was gone, they were standing there staring off into the sky, an angel had to be sent to tell them to go back to Jerusalem and wait for the promised Holy Spirit.

Christians are naturally anxious for Christ to return, we have to wait and that's just too bad. Still I get a kick out of it.
This thread is about understanding, particularly the Prophetic Word.
Many scriptures tell us that the Lord will withhold understanding of what He plans to do and the reason He does that, is because people have chosen to believe false teachings.

Most People will Understand God’s Plans only After the Lord’s Day of Wrath:

Before the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath;

Revelation 3:3 If you don’t wake up, I will come upon you like a thief and you won’t know the moment of My coming.

Deuteronomy 29:4 But to this day, the Lord has not given you a mind to understand, or eyes to see, or ears to hear.

Isaiah 56:10 All Israel’s watchmen are blind, perceiving nothing, they are like dumb dogs that cannot bark. Matthew 11:25-26

Jeremiah 6:10 To whom shall I speak? To whom give warning, who will hear me? The peoples ears are blocked, they are incapable of listening, they treat the Lord’s Word as a reproach.

Psalms 74:9 We cannot see any sign, we have no prophets now.

Isaiah 29:10-14 For you the whole vision is nothing but words in a sealed book.

Isaiah 6:9b-10 However hard you look and listen, you will never perceive.

Isaiah 48:8 You don’t understand, because your ears were stopped long ago.

Psalms 94:5 Understand, O dullest of people; when will you be wise?

Deuteronomy 32:28-29 My people are a nation devoid of understanding. If only they had the wisdom to discern what their end will be!

Daniel 12:9-10 None of the wicked will understand, only the wise leaders of My people.

Amos 8:11-13 People will search for the truth, but will not find it.

Matthew 11:25 Father, You have hidden Your secrets from the learned and revealed them to the simple. [The learned: those who promote theories and unbiblical fables. The simple; those who carefully study the Word and discern the truths found there.]

2 Peter 1:19 Study the messages of the prophets, they shine like a lamp in a dark place and when the Day breaks, they will illuminate your mind.

Psalms 119:17-18 Grant this to me, Your servant, let me live so that I may keep Your Word. Take the veil from my eyes, that I may see the wonders of Your Word.

Jeremiah 23:20..in days to come, you will understand.

Daniel 2:21 God is all powerful, He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.

Psalm 119:169 May my cry come before You, give me understanding according to Your Word.

Hosea 14:9 Let the wise consider these things, let the discerning understand them.

After the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath

Isaiah 43:8 Bring forth this people, a people whose eyes are blind, whose ears are deaf.

Isaiah 35:4-5 Be strong, fear not; the Lord comes to save you, with His vengeance and retribution. THEN the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped.

Isaiah 42:18-20 You that are deaf; hear now, you that are blind; look and see! Who is so deaf and blind as My servant, the messenger that I send, the one who has My trust?

Isaiah 29:18 On that Day, the deaf will hear and the blind will see.

Isaiah 29:24 Then the confused will gain understanding and the obstinate will take instruction.

Isaiah 32:3-4 Then those who see and hear will understand clearly, the impetuous mind will know and the stammering tongue will speak fluently and plainly.

As the Lord’s people go to live in all of the Holy Land:

Isaiah 41:17-20 The poor and needy [His people] look for water and find none, but I, the Lord, shall provide for their wants, I shall open springs of water and grow crop and trees. So all may see and understand that it is the Lord who does these things.

Jeremiah 3:15 In the Land, I shall give you leaders with knowledge and understanding.
Ref: REB. Some verses abridged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0