Have you seen the "Unplanned" movie trailer on TV?

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
On March 29 of this year, there's this movie coming out by the name of "Unplanned". It's a movie about the real-life journey of Abby Johnson to becoming a pro-life advocate. She used to be a director at Planned Parenthood for some years before finally discovering the truth about abortion. I'm really excited to see the movie when it comes out... but, that being said, I have an important question to ask.

I have only heard about this movie on Facebook and at pro-life events. As of yet, I have NOT seen any trailers for the movie on television, no matter what channel I am tuned in to. Now, I don't exactly watch an overabundance of TV, but my grandparents usually have the television playing in the background when they are home. And, like I said, I haven't seen ONE advertisement for the movie on TV.

The movie was rated R by the MPAA (due to the "violence" of the abortion scenes), but, at the same time, aren't other movies that are rated R advertised on TV? So why not this movie? Personally, I think the media is trying to silence the word about this movie because it goes against the pro-abortion narrative that they try to push so much.

I'm halfway hopeful, though, that maybe it's just my part of the country where this trailer isn't playing on television. So, I'm curious, have you seen the trailer for Unplanned on TV?

Here's the official trailer in case you haven't seen it yet:

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
I have not seen it, but I also rarely watch TV and I'm Canadian. I feel like that movie is even less likely to be shown in Canada. We're even more radically pro-choice than people in the US are.

Upvote 0

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have not seen it, but I also rarely watch TV and I'm Canadian. I feel like that movie is even less likely to be shown in Canada. We're even more radically pro-choice than people in the US are.
Gosh, that makes me sad to hear. May God help the unborn babies of Canada and help the people of Canada to turn away from abortion. :(

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
Gosh, that makes me sad to hear. May God help the unborn babies of Canada and help the people of Canada to turn away from abortion. :(

It truly is a sad situation. We are one of only three countries without any restrictions whatsoever on abortion. North Korea and China are the other two, thus hardly countries we should be emulating.

Upvote 0

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It truly is a sad situation. We are one of only three countries without any restrictions whatsoever on abortion. North Korea and China are the other two, thus hardly countries we should be emulating.
Surely you must be joking... Oh how I wish you were joking, and yet I believe you. That's just so sad and barbaric... Do they also do that thing that they're starting to propose in my country, where you can leave a newborn that is alive and fully out of the womb to just die alone, if the mother decides that she doesn't want it anymore?

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
Surely you must be joking... Oh how I wish you were joking, and yet I believe you. That's just so sad and barbaric... Do they also do that thing that they're starting to propose in my country, where you can leave a newborn that is alive and fully out of the womb to just die alone, if the mother decides that she doesn't want it anymore?

I honestly have no idea, but I hope not. It's certainly legal to kill the child in the womb at any stage, though. Fortunately, there's not many doctors willing to perform late-term abortions. Perhaps because not so deep down they know how wrong it is.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: This is an excerpt from the devotional titled (Planned from the start) based on this film:

Where there is grief, He anoints your head with joy.

Where there is guilt, He offers you forgiveness.

Where there is shame, He covers you in grace.

Where there is regret, He wraps you in comfort.

Where there is depression, He lifts your heart with hope.

Upvote 0

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I honestly have no idea, but I hope not. It's certainly legal to kill the child in the womb at any stage, though. Fortunately, there's not many doctors willing to perform late-term abortions. Perhaps because not so deep down they know how wrong it is.
Yeah... but, I come bearing more bad news too, at least from my country/state. I was at a pro-life club meeting at my school and one of the speakers there said that they are actually considering making it mandatory for medical professionals who are going through school to have to learn how to do abortions (and actually assist in them) because there is, apparently, a shortage of abortionists where I am.

God, have mercy on us all.

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
Relevant:
52911286_10211640578524977_3419302959895281664_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know if I will be watching this I like the story though It does bother me
I totally understand. It might be really hard to watch, honestly, so I don't blame you.

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0