Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
When I was little I was very ill. Over the years I remember things about that illness. Fear, smells feelings. I remember a long path that I was going through if I put my hand out my fingers were skeletal and the walls were like dark purple velvet. AT the end was a light with fog, there was nothing there. Over the years the fear of that came back to me and has slowly faded but my thoughts of that time make me think that there was nothing at the end of the tunnel because no one I knew had died so there was no one there to greet me. I am glad now that most of what I experienced has gone as for a long time there would be a smell or feeling that would remind me and make me feel fearful.
I can only conclude that I died and came back so many years ago.
Do you have an experience of Heaven?

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That's a good question, we should have some driving vision of "heaven". Hebrews chapter 11 lists a bunch of champions of the faith that somehow saw heaven afar off and that eye of faith made them righteous.

Snippets of Hebrews 11:

...For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God...

...saw them and welcomed them from afar...

...they were longing for a better country, a heavenly one...

...he was looking ahead to his reward...

...he saw Him who is invisible...

...These were all commended for their faith, yet they did not receive what was promised...

So your question made me ask myself what I believe heaven will look like and, yeah, it is a place where we can be who we were created to be and simply enjoy the Creator's gift of life without the curse of sin and give Him the glory for it. But, ultimately, I believe it will be the simple, yet infinitely profound act of looking into His Face...

Psalms 27:8

"When you said, "Seek my face," my heart said to you, "I will seek your face, YHVH."

So, no, I haven't seen heaven, at least, not in its fullness, but I have the hope of being there in the near future...and this is what keeps me going.

• Informative
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When I was little I was very ill. Over the years I remember things about that illness. Fear, smells feelings. I remember a long path that I was going through if I put my hand out my fingers were skeletal and the walls were like dark purple velvet. AT the end was a light with fog, there was nothing there. Over the years the fear of that came back to me and has slowly faded but my thoughts of that time make me think that there was nothing at the end of the tunnel because no one I knew had died so there was no one there to greet me. I am glad now that most of what I experienced has gone as for a long time there would be a smell or feeling that would remind me and make me feel fearful.
I can only conclude that I died and came back so many years ago.
Do you have an experience of Heaven?

null

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"That's a good question, we should have some driving vision of "heaven". Hebrews chapter 11 lists a bunch of champions of the faith that somehow saw heaven afar off and that eye of faith made them righteous."

That is a beautiful post, thank you! This thread is also somewhere else as i goofed when creating it. Put it in the wrong place. I would like the others to see your post. But so far they haven't transferred their post to here.
Here is the other thread in case you are interested.
Have you seen heaven?

• Friendly
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I believe that promoting your site on the thread is against the rules. If you want people to know of your experience you can post an actual description here of the happenings. Please remove those posts that you have displayed. I don't want to report them.

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh yeah, I was gonna say why it gotta be "white space"...ha ha ha
I don't know why it was white. I just know it was nice being there.
It had no ceiling or floor it was just white everywhere.
I wasn't falling or moving up but just standing in space.

I truly realize our flesh is the problem.

• Agree
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't know why it was white. I just know it was nice being there.
It had no ceiling or floor it was just white everywhere.
I wasn't falling or moving up but just standing in space.

I truly realize our flesh is the problem.

So true:
1 Corinthians 15:53
"For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums