Have you seen a series called Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable?

Feb 23, 2019
United Kingdom
✟1,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's this excellent series starring this guy named Josuke Higashikata. His Stand, "Crazy Diamond", can heal people and fix things. Stands are spirits that special people called "Stand Users" can bring out to fight for them, and they usually have one or two unique powers.

Telling you any more about the show or telling you about most characters in this series would spoil a lot, but my favourite character is Koichi Hirose. His Stand, Echoes, has three forms called "Acts". Act 1 puts sound effects and words on things and people, and touching those sound effects makes you hear the sound or words. Act 2 does the same, except touching the sound effects causes the effect described in the sound effect to happen to you. So touching one that says "Whoosh" would blow you away. It's cooler than it sounds. Act 3 drops the sound theme entirely and multiplies the gravity affecting an object.

One thing I really love about this series? The fights in this series aren't just simple "Who is stronger and whose power level is bigger?" measuring contests, they're creative fights where the battlers need to out-think each other and the abilities their foes have.

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,874.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I got into Jojo about 4 years ago. It's certainty a refreshing change of pace when compared to standard shonen fair like DBZ (or super) or Bleach. The latter of which ran itself into the ground with a boring story and the former of which can't seem to understand how to make a compelling fight scene or story.

Upvote 0