Have you read or heard of books that deal with sin?

jesuslover811

Dec 3, 2021
Nowhere
✟6,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I considered getting a Buddhism book. In Buddhism they teach desire is the cause of all pain and the bible teaches desire is the cause of all sin. Buddhism is dedicated to getting rid of desire so as a christian it would be useful to learn how to better get rid of my earthly desires and be more mindful. Jesus meditated alot and fasted

Maybe I missed it but I would of liked it of Jesus talked more about meditation and stuff

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,503.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Romans mentions for sinners, the power of the resurrection. There is the power in the blood of Jesus. The fruit of the Spirit, Galatians 5:22. A clean heart, sinning stopped, love starts, reverence, gaining knowledge, forgiving, grace and such things are for sin overcomers.

This word is an example:
Lana Vawser: "His Resurrection Power Is Bringing Forth Your Comeback"

You will have luck if you look for the subjects, salvation, justification, grace repentance, forgiveness and holiness. The last one is about sinlessness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes. Those I've read didn't work.
Sins can only be overcome through forgiveness for them.
But we are never without sin. That's why your efforts didn't work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟453,608.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know any books, but just a little advice... pray your sins problems to death, its the only way, insist in prayer until you succeed. Fast if you can and don't give up in praying.
Also deliverance may be useful since, a lot of sins can have a root in spiritual issues.
And when we sin we are a slave to sin, God may need to break all those bindings off.
In any case we need to pray anyway.

Upvote 0

Steve Husting

Jan 1, 2021
Fountain Valley
Visit site
✟10,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I'm afraid I did not give enough information when I asked the question. When a person writes a book and wants to submit it to a book publisher or book agent, the author needs to create a book proposal that talks about the book. It must include 4-5 books that are similar to yours that are selling, and you explain how your book is different from them. The book proposal helps the publisher or agent decide whether to carry your book or not.

So do you know about any "Christian" books out there that deal with sin? I'd like to see if they are good candidates for my book proposal.

If you are struggling with sin, re-read Romans 1-8. Paul struggled against sin because of the law of sin at work in him (Romans 7). The Spirit showed him the stronger law of being in Christ Jesus (Romans 8), and he was set free from the law of sin and death. Paul cried out, "O, wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?" The Spirit showed him (and me and many others) the way out. My concern is that we have given up on overcoming sin and compromise with it. Don't give up! Keep your nose in the word of God and let the Spirit lead you out. You can't do it by your efforts. That's what the gospel is for. The gospel of Christ is the power of God to deliverance, not your efforts, not your trying harder. The gospel of Christ is the power of God released to save us from sin--by faith, not from following laws, as Paul had been trying to do. When we believe Christ, then power is released to deliver us from the flesh to walk in the Spirit.

Some books dealing with deliverance from sin would be Handbook to Happiness, and Experiencing God. I highly recommend them if you are struggling with sin.

Remember the words of the angel to Mary: "You shall call Him Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21). The devil wants you to believe otherwise.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are there any recent (within 20 years) books about overcoming sin in us that you know of?

The Bible my friend.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

No man written book compares to the original source. The scriptures are there to train us in righteousness.

Mediate on and learn the passages dealing with overcoming sin, pray using them, speak them aloud.
Deuteronomy 6:8
Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
I don't think you need to do this literally, but spiritually. Having them written down and easily seen though could be done though.

1 Corinthians 15:33
Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”
Is a very practical tip to overcoming sin. Watch who you spend time with.

1 John 5:4
For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
Be sure to face things with faith.

James 1:6
But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
Be watchful that things in your life are not entryways for the devil. Take stock of what you allow in.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
A good verse to say paraphrased aloud. Also notice first is submit to God and then you can resist the devil. We don't resist the devil first.

James 1:14
But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.
Also be aware of what you own weakness are. This goes back to the passage before about keeping things out of your life. What you need to keep out may be different to someone else.

Lastly have someone you trust to confess sins to and pray for you. Not to condemn you since you should also be able to do the same for them.

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

• Agree
Reactions: BloodWashed91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums