Have You Heard Of These 3 Ministers Below & If So Do Comment On Their Ministries

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
don't understand why people make oneness out to be such a big deal. It's not that different from trinitarian views.

The following info is based on the doctrines of the United Pentecostal Church:
Oneness Pentecostals do not fail to see a distinction between Father and Son as many suppose. The United Pentecostals explain the distinction of Father, Son and Holy Spirit as follows: "God is Father in creation, Son in redemption, and Holy Spirit in sanctification." Note however, that the distinction is in what God is doing and how he is doing it, not in person-hood.
The doctrine of Oneness denotes that there is only one God who manifests/reveals/expresses Himself at various times in various ways. This is in contrast to Trinitarian doctrine which sees God as always having existed as three separate and distinct persons, though one God.
One United Pentecostal theologian, David Bernard, in his book, the Oneness of God, points out that Scripture uses the term Son when referring to Jesus' humanity, never His divinity. Thus, they see a distinction between Father and Son in terms of humanity. Jesus the Son says He is one with the Father, in the Father and the Father is in Him. They therefore see one God existing simultaneously on Earth in the Son and in heaven as the Father.
Having established that background, in Matthew 3:16-17, God is in the Son, who is getting baptized. God speaks from heaven as Father, addressing His Son. God also alights upon the Son, in the likeness of a dove. But He is only one God simultaneously in three places, doing three things, in three different ways.
Bernard writes:
With the omnipresence of God in mind we can understand the baptism of Christ very easily. It was not at all difficult for the Spirit of Jesus to speak from heaven and to send a manifestation of His Spirit in the form of a dove even while His human body was in the Jordan River. The voice and the dove do not represent separate persons any more than the voice of God from Sinai indicates that the mountain was a separate intelligent person in the Godhead.
The rest of what he writes in regard to Jesus baptism is found on page 172-175 of his book, The Oneness of God.
(from https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjEndjnoo7QAhWJ1IMKHeiUAyMQFggbMAA&url=http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/26320/how-does-oneness-pentecostalism-interpret-matthew-317&usg=AFQjCNFNyOD0dQXBnkt8-YBdagZwXyawyw&bvm=bv.137901846,d.amc )

Jesus said in John, that if they couldn't believe in what He taught, believe Him for the works that He did. He put up His miraculous works to show the people that he was in the Father and the Father was in Him. Concerning oneness preachers: If a preacher shows that he is truly anointed of the Holy Spirit through miraculous healings, deliverances, and salvation preaching, then we can believe that he is anointed of God even though he might not accept the Trinity. If I was in a meeting listening to oneness preacher, and if he was demonstrating the miracle working power of God, I would accept that his ministry was anointed. I would accept his teaching if it was Scripture-based; but if he started teaching anti-Trinity stuff, I would let it go in one ear and out the other, realising that the treasure is in an earthen vessel.

Upvote 0

RodofMoses

Psalm 63
Aug 1, 2014
✟680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Jesus said in John, that if they couldn't believe in what He taught, believe Him for the works that He did. He put up His miraculous works to show the people that he was in the Father and the Father was in Him. Concerning oneness preachers: If a preacher shows that he is truly anointed of the Holy Spirit through miraculous healings, deliverances, and salvation preaching, then we can believe that he is anointed of God even though he might not accept the Trinity. If I was in a meeting listening to oneness preacher, and if he was demonstrating the miracle working power of God, I would accept that his ministry was anointed. I would accept his teaching if it was Scripture-based; but if he started teaching anti-Trinity stuff, I would let it go in one ear and out the other, realising that the treasure is in an earthen vessel.
I do not believe that any one church or denomination understands the mystery of the "trinity" as most call Him today. It's a mystery. I don't think oneness has it right and I don't think trinitarians have it right either.
I also don't believe what you're trying to teach about anointing and miracles. Bible says loads of people will claim they did miracles in Jesus name but he'll say he never knew them and cast them into outer darkness. Miracles don't prove your accepted or known by God

Upvote 0

jerry woytus

Feb 5, 2019
san jose
✟7,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Mario Murillo is angry, political minister at best.
If Mario Murillo was a political minister...whatever that is.....countless people would not experience dramatic healings, salvations, and deliverances at his meetings. By your own comment about Mario reveals to me you could be an angry democrat? And I would be too, if I was one, based on this party's moral descent into the abyss, especially in california.

Upvote 0

jerry woytus

Feb 5, 2019
san jose
✟7,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
MARIO MURILLO

TERRY CRIST

T D JAKES

Have heard of T D Jakes. I used to follow him for awhile on Fcbk. Enjyd his Tchng for the most part.
What bothers me about T.D. Jakes is his daughter's apparent plunge into a loose lifestyle as a teen....getting pregnant and all, I mean.....what is up with that for a preacher's daughter?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What bothers me about T.D. Jakes is his daughter's apparent plunge into a loose lifestyle as a teen....getting pregnant and all, I mean.....what is up with that for a preacher's daughter?

Wouldn’t that be a reflection in his adult daughter?

How many of God’s children have issues with inappropriate contentography, does that reflect on God?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It shows that Christian faith is not transferable. Each person has to make their own choice. His daughter could well have been brought up with great parenting and Christian guidance, and, through no fault of the parents, could make the wrong choices and land herself in trouble. There are many good and godly parents, including preachers, whose children have gone off the rails through no fault of their own. Look at the Bible examples: Eli, David, and other godly kings of Israel who followed the Lord, but their children followed idols.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm somewhat familiar Murillo and Jakes, but have lots of experience with Terry Crist from the early 1990s. I use to be a follower of what use to be called the "Prophetic Movement:, before the term NAR ("New Apostolic Reformation") was coined in the very late 1990s. Terry Crist is pretty much on the same page as Bill Hamon who in many ways is the founder of NAR. Perhaps he is changed a bit, but I did some searches for him a few times after I left that movement, and it seems more or less to me that he is doing and preaching much the same things now as he did when he was in Tulsa OK. The only difference now is he moved to another state and now has a bigger church and ministry than he did in the 90s.

Here's a little video of what that movement and group was about

Last edited:
Upvote 0

worshipjunkie

Dec 30, 2018
Springfield
✟27,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Didn't know that about TD Jakes. The Trinity is one of the most- arguably THE most- foundational doctrine in Christianity. All three branches; Protestant, Catholic, and Eastern Orthodox, unite over the words of the creeds that state the doctrine of the Trinity. It isn't just 'words' it's the foundation of the nature of God. I don't think I could consider someone Christian who isn't Trinitarian.

Last I heard about Mario Murillo he was a "Word of Faith" preacher. Not for me.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have heard of Mario Murillo. I think he is word of faith. Also I have heard of T.D. Jakes. He is Pentecostal. But think he is oneness Pentecostal , not mainstream Pentecostal.

I have only heard of T. D. Jakes..... he seems to be one of the pastors with a calling to go into the media..... toward Hollywood...... as was predicted by Kat Kerr.

There are predictions of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus cleaning up Hollywood and taking it over...... .so wow but that is something big to look forward to!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So this uplifts helps speaks words of life helps them how? None are here. Call them email them talk to them. You see if what they speak is written. Not what so and so says.. turns in to gossip. Again.. they are NOT here....we are to speak words of life.. but that which is good to the use of edifying that it may minister grace to the hearers.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. He is definitely not taking a clear stand on that doctrine.
No one can.

Both trinity and oneness are flawed.
Both are right in essence
Both are wrong in thier single mindedness.
Both seek to state that God is this OR that.
And both refuse to see that he is both and more then both.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So this uplifts helps speaks words of life helps them how? None are here. Call them email them talk to them. You see if what they speak is written. Not what so and so says.. turns in to gossip. Again.. they are NOT here....we are to speak words of life.. but that which is good to the use of edifying that it may minister grace to the hearers.
When i saw this thread i thought Mr Happy is back...lol but nope hes not been see on here for a few years now.
Pity..i wanted to ask him something.

Upvote 0