Have You Heard Of These 3 Ministers Below & If So Do Comment On Their Ministries

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
from Jakes' site

God
There is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three manifestations: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, the complete and final sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.

The Holy Spirit
The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and during this age, to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service. Man - Man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.

Salvation
The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God. The Return of Jesus Christ - The personal, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ is our hope and has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.

Future Events
There will be a bodily resurrection of all the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.

The Church
The true Church is composed of all such persons, who through saving faith in Jesus Christ, has been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the head.

Baptism and Communion
Water baptism by immersion soon after accepting Christ as personal Savior, is a testimony of death to sin and resurrection to a new life. The Lord's Supper is a memorial service setting forth in sacred and symbolic manner the death of the Lord Jesus Christ; all true believers and only believers should share in it.

http://www.thepottershouse.org/Local/About-Us/Belief-Statement.aspx

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have heard of Mario Murillo. I think he is word of faith. Also I have heard of T.D. Jakes. He is Pentecostal. But think he is oneness Pentecostal , not mainstream Pentecostal.
From memory, I think it was maybe 12-24 months ago where Jakes was apparently "convinced" that his Oneness beliefs were heretical. Now in all probability this may have only come about due to his desire to keep up the invitations from his mainline Pentecostal hosts who have been receiving some ongoing flack over this; who knows, maybe he has recanted but I suppose time will tell. I know that Jakes is a regular guest at the Hillsong Sydney conferences.

As for Mario Murillo and Terry Crist, they're new names to me.

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
from Jakes' site

God
There is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three manifestations: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Thank you....

If he believed in the trinity then it would read in three persons , not three manifestations. This confirms his oneness doctrine.

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I heard TD Jakes is oneness Pentecostal also. Sadly I know many in the AG churches around here that adore TD Jakes... Not sure if thats a good mix if true

T.D. Jakes Embraces Doctrine of the Trinity, Moves Away from 'Oneness' View | Gleanings | ChristianityToday.com

Bishop T.D. Jakes says he has moved away from a "Oneness" view of the Godhead to embrace an orthodox definition of the Trinity – and that some in the Oneness Pentecostal movement now consider him a heretic.....

The doctrine of the Trinity – embraced by all three historical branches of Christianity – holds that God is three persons, each person is distinct, each person is fully God, and that there is one God.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yea, that was the Elephant Room conference. I'm not sure how they can make the claim he moved away from Oneness when he certainly did not. The article even stated "Jakes said he prefers the term "manifestations" instead of the term "persons" – a position he has stated before".

That part of the conversation itself is very slick on Jakes part:
Jakes: One God, three Persons. One God, Three Persons, and here is why – I am not crazy about the word "persons." ... My doctrinal statement is no different from yours except for the ...

Driscoll: The word "manifestation."

Jakes: Manifest instead of persons. Which you describe as modalist, and I describe it as Pauline. Let me show you what I'm saying.
He says "persons" to mislead, then contridicts himself right afterwards.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yea, that was the Elephant Room conference. I'm not sure how they can make the claim he moved away from Oneness when he certainly did not. The article even stated "Jakes said he prefers the term "manifestations" instead of the term "persons" – a position he has stated before".

That part of the conversation itself is very slick on Jakes part:
Jakes: One God, three Persons. One God, Three Persons, and here is why – I am not crazy about the word "persons." ... My doctrinal statement is no different from yours except for the ...

Driscoll: The word "manifestation."

Jakes: Manifest instead of persons. Which you describe as modalist, and I describe it as Pauline. Let me show you what I'm saying.
He says "persons" to mislead, then contridicts himself right afterwards.

Yes. He is definitely not taking a clear stand on that doctrine.

Upvote 0

PersephonesTear

Jul 14, 2013
✟9,344.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
MARIO MURILLO

TERRY CRIST

T D JAKES

Mario Murillo - Never heard of him until now. I looked him up on Google, and people whose ministry websites are theirownname.com put me off a bit.

Terry Crist - Again, first time I have heard of him.

T.D. Jakes - He's been around for ages, and I heard about him growing up. I met him, personally, when I was seventeen. My youth group was visiting Dallas, and he gave us a personal tour of the new facilities for Potter's House that were then under construction. On a person to person basis, he felt fake to me.

We also, of course, attended a few of his services while there. From a preaching stand point, he was very prosperity-ish.

I was unaware until reading this thread that he was into the Oneness doctrine. But I certainly agree with what others have said that his use of the word "manifestations" rather than "persons" seems to indicate that he is a Oneness person - but is probably trying to please both sides.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RodofMoses

Psalm 63
Aug 1, 2014
✟680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
don't understand why people make oneness out to be such a big deal. It's not that different from trinitarian views.

The following info is based on the doctrines of the United Pentecostal Church:
Oneness Pentecostals do not fail to see a distinction between Father and Son as many suppose. The United Pentecostals explain the distinction of Father, Son and Holy Spirit as follows: "God is Father in creation, Son in redemption, and Holy Spirit in sanctification." Note however, that the distinction is in what God is doing and how he is doing it, not in person-hood.
The doctrine of Oneness denotes that there is only one God who manifests/reveals/expresses Himself at various times in various ways. This is in contrast to Trinitarian doctrine which sees God as always having existed as three separate and distinct persons, though one God.
One United Pentecostal theologian, David Bernard, in his book, the Oneness of God, points out that Scripture uses the term Son when referring to Jesus' humanity, never His divinity. Thus, they see a distinction between Father and Son in terms of humanity. Jesus the Son says He is one with the Father, in the Father and the Father is in Him. They therefore see one God existing simultaneously on Earth in the Son and in heaven as the Father.
Having established that background, in Matthew 3:16-17, God is in the Son, who is getting baptized. God speaks from heaven as Father, addressing His Son. God also alights upon the Son, in the likeness of a dove. But He is only one God simultaneously in three places, doing three things, in three different ways.
Bernard writes:
With the omnipresence of God in mind we can understand the baptism of Christ very easily. It was not at all difficult for the Spirit of Jesus to speak from heaven and to send a manifestation of His Spirit in the form of a dove even while His human body was in the Jordan River. The voice and the dove do not represent separate persons any more than the voice of God from Sinai indicates that the mountain was a separate intelligent person in the Godhead.
The rest of what he writes in regard to Jesus baptism is found on page 172-175 of his book, The Oneness of God.
(from https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...dQXBnkt8-YBdagZwXyawyw&bvm=bv.137901846,d.amc )

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
don't understand why people make oneness out to be such a big deal. It's not that different from trinitarian views.

The following info is based on the doctrines of the United Pentecostal Church:
Oneness Pentecostals do not fail to see a distinction between Father and Son as many suppose. The United Pentecostals explain the distinction of Father, Son and Holy Spirit as follows: "God is Father in creation, Son in redemption, and Holy Spirit in sanctification." Note however, that the distinction is in what God is doing and how he is doing it, not in person-hood.
The doctrine of Oneness denotes that there is only one God who manifests/reveals/expresses Himself at various times in various ways. This is in contrast to Trinitarian doctrine which sees God as always having existed as three separate and distinct persons, though one God.
One United Pentecostal theologian, David Bernard, in his book, the Oneness of God, points out that Scripture uses the term Son when referring to Jesus' humanity, never His divinity. Thus, they see a distinction between Father and Son in terms of humanity. Jesus the Son says He is one with the Father, in the Father and the Father is in Him. They therefore see one God existing simultaneously on Earth in the Son and in heaven as the Father.
Having established that background, in Matthew 3:16-17, God is in the Son, who is getting baptized. God speaks from heaven as Father, addressing His Son. God also alights upon the Son, in the likeness of a dove. But He is only one God simultaneously in three places, doing three things, in three different ways.
Bernard writes:
With the omnipresence of God in mind we can understand the baptism of Christ very easily. It was not at all difficult for the Spirit of Jesus to speak from heaven and to send a manifestation of His Spirit in the form of a dove even while His human body was in the Jordan River. The voice and the dove do not represent separate persons any more than the voice of God from Sinai indicates that the mountain was a separate intelligent person in the Godhead.
The rest of what he writes in regard to Jesus baptism is found on page 172-175 of his book, The Oneness of God.
(from https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjEndjnoo7QAhWJ1IMKHeiUAyMQFggbMAA&url=http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/26320/how-does-oneness-pentecostalism-interpret-matthew-317&usg=AFQjCNFNyOD0dQXBnkt8-YBdagZwXyawyw&bvm=bv.137901846,d.amc )

:well presented explanation..thank you for it.:

But Its all words .both oneness and trinitarian are a reflection of mans utter inability to comprehend the incomprehensible God.
Thus both are right and both are flawed.
And it remains immaturity to bicker like babies squabling over the milk bottle.

The meat of the word is to grow up and go. And DO the word of God.

Upvote 0

RodofMoses

Psalm 63
Aug 1, 2014
✟680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
:well presented explanation..thank you for it.:

But Its all words .both oneness and trinitarian are a reflection of mans utter inability to comprehend the incomprehensible God.

I tend to agree with what you've said. I don't really see a big problem with either ways of viewing Him. I don't think it matters to God either. As long as we are putting HIM/Jesus first in our lives, He will continue to lead us. The UPC people i've met have contained some very Godly people who truly love the Lord and seek Him. Same goes for trinitarians - many who truly seek Him. Amongst ALL of them [oneness & trinitarians] there are some who are not genuine.
It's ridiculous that these 2 divisions of pentecostals accuse the others of being heretics.... truly silly.

• Agree
Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,407.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oneness is a tad bit different than trinitarian. Oneness believes that when Jesus is there, that can be the only manifestation of God. When the Holy Spirit is there, that can be the only manifestation of God.

Worth dying over? Don't think so, the trinity is hard to grasp at the best of times. Worth ignoring? I don't know.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I heard TD Jakes is oneness Pentecostal also. Sadly I know many in the AG churches around here that adore TD Jakes... Not sure if thats a good mix if true

I think he would be okay as long as he doesn't preach the oneness stuff. A fellow's heart may be good and his ministry may be anointed even if some parts of his mind is set upon stupid stuff. Just pick the meat from the bones. Enjoy the good stuff that he preaches, and let the stupid stuff go in one ear and out the other.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Mario Murillo is angry, political minister at best.

I heard him preach during a conference in Palmerston North New Zealand in around 1974. He was advertised as having a Kathryn Kuhlman type of ministry but I never saw or heard of the type of miracles that Kathryn Khulman had. It is one thing saying that he has the same anointing, but there has to be genuine evidence of it. If the evidence is not there, then the guy is just all mouth and nothing else. It is interesting that he is an angry, political preacher now. Could be that the miracle working ministry that he was supposed to have had didn't work out. However, I don't know about that. I'm only guessing. Perhaps someone who has followed his ministry more closely can give more accurate details.

I've never heard of the other guy.

Upvote 0