Have you experienced bullying?

S

salamacum

I wonder how many bullies actually think they are just well, managers and leaders.
Surely it comes back to empathy. What's it like to be on the receiving end of how I am treating someone? And just in case I think others are just too thin skinned, I need to consider that my own pain and hurt threshold may border on the callous.

Mind you, looking back I really resent now the pulling of the 'authority' card when I was working abroad in a Christian setting. They truly believed in obeying them right or wrong, because it was scriptural. It meant that nothing needed to be explained, ideas never needed sharing, confidence and relationship never needed building.
My place of work is miles ahead of those 'leaders/apostles' in Christian leadership and management practice. It would be a good idea (and probably is being done) that Christian leaders actually spend time in management in the world.

Upvote 0
S

salamacum

I can't believe this thread still exists. I think it's bullying other threads to maintain it's existence.

Talking of other threads.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7188786-3/#post46466773

Here's an example of bullying on these forums. the offenders cynically removed their destructive postings when a moderator belatedly got involved, then couldn't resist coming back to shut things down.

Upvote 0
P

psalm232

This topic is on my heart.
I believe some people are aggressive or manipulative and in these cases
speaking directly and saying "NO" are important.

So are consequences and boundaries.

Wolves in Sheep's Clothing by George Simon is a good read.

But yes, I have been severely bullied. I'm learning to be assertive.

"Let your 'yes" be yes and your no be 'no." We all have a "no".

Upvote 0
P

psalm232

Another point, have a plan B.

If boss refused to Stop...contact human resources and his/her boss.
Still won't stop...start looking around for a new job. Have options. That sort of
abuse is very destructive to the emotions.

This may not exactly fit, by the Christian blog A cry for justice...deals with bullying, abuse, and manipulators.

This is a huge problem, especially in the USA.

Upvote 0