Have you ever wondered what would happen if we did nothing?

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We will never know what would have happened if we did nothing. We are betting we are doing the most correct things based upon our experience and what science we have on the subject. Knowing what would have happened if even one thing was different is not possible. We only have a best guess. I expect going with the best guess based upon experience and the most up to date science is the wisest course of action.

• Agree
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but their lack of response is due to the defiance of their leader, more than anything.
Oh, I know. I just meant that they may not be a good example of what would happen if we did nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At least in regards to Covid19? We may soon know. Belarus is "volunteering" by not shutting down. They currently have very few cases. Will fresh air and hockey save them?

One country is refusing to shut down to stop the coronavirus
That's going to be interesting.

Of course, they got a nice delay from the fact they have nowhere near the openness and international travel with China that a country like Italy or the U.S. has had back in January, when it mattered.

So, they would have time, delay, until they get the big increases. They might be 3 or even more weeks back in the timeline.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That's going to be interesting.

Of course, they got a nice delay from the fact they have nowhere near the openness and international travel with China that a country like Italy or the U.S. has had back in January, when it mattered.

So, they would have time, delay, until they get the big increases. They might be 3 or even more weeks back in the timeline.
And then they will react sensibly, but too late to prevent the inevitable. Just think, they are a country where they could have avoided the worst of this.

At least that is my prediction.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but their lack of response is due to the defiance of their leader, more than anything.
Has anyone noticed that the leaders of the countries that are slow to implement are rather (I can't think of a more proper term than) "Trumpian"?

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,851.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And then they will react sensibly, but too late to prevent the inevitable. Just think, they are a country where they could have avoided the worst of this.

It's sad but it looks like if you wait until there are a bunch of cases it has already been too long.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Well, that one sure turned out to be wrong.

Five months on, the number of deaths in Belarus proportionate to the population is on par with other eastern European countries - and well below Germany.

Ironic, wasn't it, that supposedly "authoritarian" Belarus turned out do provide its citizens civil liberties far superior to any Western country?

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I wonder what it would be like if we did nothing, I see us wondering what it would be like if we did something. And when we get into the semantics, some people think we did something and some people think we did nothing anyway.

Upvote 0