• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Have you ever won anything?

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by E-beth, Jul 26, 2002.

1. E-beth

E-beth Senior Contributor

+683
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I enter just about every contest and drawing that comes my way.  I won a drawing for hockey tickets once and one time I entered a drawing at a pet store and won a mountain bike.  Whoopee...I never took it outta the box.  LOL

The best thing I ever won was a $50.00 gift certificate to a book store.  The bookstore my best friend worked at.  Hmmmmm.....

Have you ever won anything good, bad, or indifferent?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+10
    Sounds like you are a winner! Congratulations! Send the Hockey tickets to Coastie! Send me the Mountain Bike, so I can compete with the Mormon Missionaries in my neighborhood, and you curl up with a good book!

3. AngelAmidala

AngelAmidala Legend

+617
    Methodist
    Single
    Hrm...

No huge prizes or anything like that.

I won 2 points on my final exam in my Religions in America class last semester. The group I was in got the award for "best project" and each of us as group members got 2 points. That was pretty amazing.

4. OldBadfish

OldBadfish Well-Known Member

+20
    I won $5000 for bowling a 300 game. 3 times. does that count?

I also won a Razor scooter in a Sunkist pop top contest. I think thats about it.

5. MizDoulos

MizDoulos <font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Well . . . I'm thinking . . .

Oh, yeah, I won an amateur radio amplifier (I think). My son was the one who drew the ticket for the prize. LOL . . . we got ribbed for that! And, I've won a couple of door prizes and drawings at parties. That's about it.

6. Sharky

Sharky Rockin dude!

+154
    Christian
    I won a shirt from Sierra's drawing.
    HMmm, i can't remember clearly but i think that's it. I'm sure i won something else but eh, probably not big enough for me to remember.

7. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    My wife's heart?

8. Sharky

Sharky Rockin dude!

+154
    Christian
    awww that's so sweeeet! :)

9. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    Ah, Martin! That's the best prize of all!

10. jayebrownlee

jayebrownlee Senior Veteran

+11
    Protestant
    Married
    :scratch: I once one a ticket to see the Scotland Rugby team play, at that time I hated rugby but I decided to go anyway and a few years later I realised it was just as well as I stared playing for my country also!!

11. Aussie_Tash

Aussie_Tash cRaZiEsT mEmBeR

+1
    I won $250 bucks about 1 month ago off a Sattelitte game show .....and i have one other stuff like money and that too, and i won a book of a Kids TV show when i was a kid....and yeah i won the heart of my hubby too :)altho we went to school together and disliked each other

12. KathyLA

KathyLA New Member

+0
    When I was a little girl I won a GIANT stuffed bunny rabbit for Easter...or did my daddy win it?
    In 7th grade I won a national art contest and my art was displayed in washington d.c. and then toured the united states...I was pretty impressed with myself.

13. SpiritPsalmist

SpiritPsalmist Heavy lean toward Messianic Supporter

+1,304
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    It's been awhile, but I use to win stuff all the time.

When I lived in Calif I use to win, every year, from the local Christian radio station, tickets to Christian Night at Knotts Berry Farm.&nbsp; I also won them once for Christian night at Disneyland.&nbsp; All ya had to do was be a certain caller and I always seemed to get in. :)&nbsp;&nbsp;

A couple of times I won for co-workers, who were trying at the same time I was, I would hear the line ring, and since I'd already won, tell them to pick the call up&nbsp;and they would win.&nbsp; One time I gave the co-workers name and he heard his name announced on the radio as he was driving in to work. &nbsp;

I've also won record albums (giant CD's :D) and&nbsp;music cassette tapes.

I've won concert tickets (Carman, David Meese,&nbsp; Larnelle Harris, and Inglebert Humperdink), tickets to an antique fair once, and a watch, cologne, and dog food.

When I try I usually win&nbsp;something, I just have not tried in a long time.&nbsp; I'm usually not listening to the radio and near a phone at the same time.&nbsp;

14. E-beth

E-beth Senior Contributor

+683
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Once..just ONCE would I like to open a plastic cola bottle and find a winner message under the bottle cap.&nbsp; If I go to the store to buy a bottle of vanilla coke or something, I willalways pick the bottle with a game under the cap. And I ALWAYS find "sorry ya big loser, not this time."&nbsp; or something like that.

I am popping over to Doritos.com to try to win a trip to London.&nbsp; Keep your fingers crossed!

(And Coastie can have my hockey tickets when he pries them outta my cold, dead fingers.&nbsp; :))

15. A Sheep

A Sheep Stop the suffering in Iraq

+1
    A TV network's website was giving away two tickets to a 3D Movie. I entered and I got a letter a few weeks later informing me that I had won the two tickets. The movie was done in 3D and the Visual part of it "came-out" of the screen; pretty cool effect.

16. ZooMom

ZooMom Thanks for the memories...

+983
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    I won a trip for four to Disney world on a radio call in game about three years ago. All expenses paid, including airfare. My kids were very happy. :)

17. AngelAmidala

AngelAmidala Legend

+617
    Methodist
    Single
    Wow...we got a bunch of winners here!! :)

18. lucypevensie

lucypevensie Not drinking the kool-aid Supporter

+20,297
    Christian
    Married
    I won a contest where you had to guess the number of helium ballons in this huge fishnet thing. I was the closest to the actual number. So I won a rubber bouncy playground ball. Wheeee!

In two separate drawings I won matching Monet prints.

19. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I don't know if I got my wife's heart, but I sure got her bills :) They say there are three things a women loves to hear. 1) I love you dear, 2) Your beautiful sweetheart 3) The bills are paid if full.

20. coolhandluke

coolhandluke *a princess*

+9
    Calvinist
    I won a MaryMary cd a couple of months ago. That's the only thing though.

-katie