*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
With your checkbook?

As a parent, I'm constantly moving my money around from one place to another. First the bills get paid. Then the kids need stuff. I think my last pair of new shoes was three years ago. The car conks out. The cat gets sick. My son started orthodontia. At the end of the year, we get new eyeglasses. One of the grocery stores is having a sale. (I love a well-stocked pantry!) Have you ever noticed how all the paper products in the house run out at the same time? Uh-oh, this is the last box of tissues--I just used the last paper towel--we're out of toilet paper, AGAIN!--what, no more foil?

Tonight, I decided to make tuna casserole for dinner. I had the noodles, the tuna, the veggies....I get ready to make it, and OH NO, I'm out of cream of mushroom soup! Okay, I'll make a white sauce, instead. Hey, we're out of milk! Not a problem, I've got some nonfat dry milk put away. Well, I THOUGHT I did! I ended up making white sauce with COFFEE CREAMER.

And the family thought it was pretty doggone good!

That was almost as much fun as making spaghetti with no spaghetti, LOL!

Whoops, it's time to go play checkers with the checkbook again!

Peace,
~VOW

Dewjunkie

Apr 1, 2002
Asheville, NC
Visit site
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
I know this game all too well. Of course, on top of the everyday expenses of owning and running a home, I get the added pleasure of paying for my wife's wound care supplies (roughly $115 a month) and her prescriptions (roughly $150 a month until the deductible is met which should be next month...thankfully). Diapers, food, utilities......only by the grace of God do we pay every bill every month without fail. He's a pretty good checkers player.

Upvote 0
I don't know--it seems more like chess or Stratego. I sit and think and consider which bill it would be best to pay first or how much to pay on which bill, etc. Its constant strategy and time consumption.

Maybe the paper goods are used up at the same time because you end up using one for the other. Although I've never thought to use foil in place of toilet paper! LOL!

Take much care and God Bless!

Upvote 0