Have you ever picked up a snake to demonstrate your faith?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No, i've only picked up a garter snake once cuz it was so cute, but i've never played "Russian Roulette" with God.

"Ye shall not tempt the LORD your God," ~Deut 6:16

"Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." ~Matt 4:7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What is a leap of faith? Is it a blind leap? Or is it a leap of knowing the outcome? Will I make this jump? Or will I hesitate at the last moment? Do I really know if I will make it? Look how big the fall is! It looks dangerous. What is it I want from this? What am I going to achieve by doing this? Will it benefit me eternally? Is this really God? Is this really what God wants? I hope I make it and are safe afterwards. It looks evident I will make it. Here goes nothin'!

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ever drank poison?

Ever read Matthew 4:7?
So you believe that we could do these things accidentally and not be harmed?
As long as we do not do them on purpose?

FYI, Satan misquoted a verse. Jesus saw through what He was trying to do. make Jesus prove Himself to be who He claimed to be. Jesus didn't have to prove anything to anyone.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"...and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough toreceive it."

"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves....."

How would you know you are serving the living God if you haven't yet picked up a snake or two?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sheep hear My Voice and I know them and they follow Me. John 10:27
Before we hear The Voice, we hear many voices and enter many ways that seems right. We have to try the spirits and see. If you pick up a snake and die...You know you haven't found the truth and need to continue your search.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Before we hear The Voice, we hear many voices and enter many ways that seems right. We have to try the spirits and see. If you pick up a snake and die...You know you haven't found the truth and need to continue your search.
And yet, Jesus said, "My sheep hear My Voice".

If you pick up a snake and die, you are not going to be searching for anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet, Jesus said, "My sheep hear My Voice".

If you pick up a snake and die, you are not going to be searching for anything.
Yes, so if there is any doubt, better start with something smaller.....Maybe a few fire ants or poison ivy.....snakes are for those who are sure.

I say, let's forget the animals altogether. If you finish the verse out, it says "they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

I'd say this is a better and more rewarding test.

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't people pick up snakes all the time?? :confused: I have a friend with a pet snake, he's always holding the freaking thing. I don't get this thread.
Foolish snake handlers. This is the first video that came up when I googled snake + faith.

• Haha
Reactions: Tetra
Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Foolish snake handlers. This is the first video that came up when I googled snake + faith.
I guess it's just not all that impressive. I fail to see how this demonstrates faith. Now if they were to fight bears bareknuckle, then we would be getting somewhere.

Upvote 0