Have you ever met a virgin that was not a nice person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaMandaRaye

Dec 4, 2008
✟7,814.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Does being a virgin make you innocent, naive, angelic and a really good person?

I know Hollywood is not the best reference to use, but I noticed that most of the virgin characters on television are always seen as being naive, good natured people that can do no wrong.

Even in real life, virgins are seen that way, as good people who can do no harm to anyone.

has anyone ever met a virgin who was a liar and not a nice person?

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
Does being a virgin make you innocent, naive, angelic and a really good person?

I know Hollywood is not the best reference to use, but I noticed that most of the virgin characters on television are always seen as being naive, good natured people that can do no wrong.

Even in real life, virgins are seen that way, as good people who can do no harm to anyone.

Can I count myself? I was much more of a complete jerk between the ages of 14-23 than I have been since.

Upvote 0

Joachim

The flag is a protest for state flags
Jan 14, 2009
Bob Riley is my governor
✟10,203.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Every year at Mardi Gras. These street preachers come from out of town and proceed to tell us all how we're going to hell because we celebrate carnival.

Upvote 0

Bampot

May 14, 2009
Indiana
✟7,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think virginity is what makes a person mean or nice. I've known virgins who are jerks, non-virgins who are saints, and the opposite. Most of my friends didn't change after they lost their virginity. I doubt I will change when I lose mine.

Reactions: Joachim
Upvote 0

Caitlin.ann

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't think of any which come to mind but I've seen many mean virgins on tv. :p

Whether one is a virgin or not is irrelevant to me though because to me whether you're a virgin or not only means you've had sex or you haven't. One of my male suitors was a virgin when we got together and for an entire year he lied about his virginity..I never knew the difference.

Now I will automatically assume when someone says they're waiting for marriage that its a religious thing, primarily centered in the evangelical right but thats my own bias and not necessarily a standard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Virgins haven't had sexual intercourse. I fail to see what that has to do with having negative or positive personality aspects.

People are virgins for various reasons: not old enough, don't feel they're ready yet, haven't found the right person, religious reasons, no libido, family expectations, etc. People don't tend to be virgins just because they're nice people.

Reactions: Joachim
Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
Virgins haven't had sexual intercourse. I fail to see what that has to do with having negative or positive personality aspects.

People are virgins for various reasons: not old enough, don't feel they're ready yet, haven't found the right person, religious reasons, no libido, family expectations, etc. People don't tend to be virgins just because they're nice people.
Might want to take the solemnity down a notch or two.

Upvote 0

gwenmead

On walkabout
Jun 2, 2005
Seattle
✟10,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have I ever met a mean virgin?

You bet your sweet bippy I have. The several that spring to mind most readily are old ex-SO's, all of whom were jerks in one way or another. For two of them, their virginity was part and parcel of their overall meanness: they'd use it as a blunt instrument whenever they wanted to bludgeon others with their moral superiority.

Incidentally, each one was devoutly religious. One was Catholic, the other a born-again evangelical Christian. Both were smug about it and loved to rub my nose in the fact that they were better than me because they didn't have any sexual experience, although I will say the evangelical guy was far more obnoxious about it than the Catholic guy was. And of the two, the evangelical was the one that was the deceptive, lying manipulator par excellence. He was also a major controlling misogynist. The Catholic guy was more just sort of arrogant and clueless.

By contrast I've also met virgins who were very nice people too - folks who were just virgins because they hadn't met the right person yet and who weren't into shaming others for not sharing the same sexual state they did.

But as has already been said, it isn't one's state of sexual experience that makes them nice or awful. It's their overall character, what they're like as a general human being.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
When I was still a Christian in high school I was the C-word, simply because I was still a virgin and I used to look down upon the girls who became pregnant before they even graduated. So for me, being a virgin doesn't mean you're automatically a nice person. I've been around people who felt they were somehow morally superior just because they didn't have sex.

Upvote 0

gwenmead

On walkabout
Jun 2, 2005
Seattle
✟10,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's really ironic are people who have performed just about every sexual act possible between humans, but still think they're technical virgins because they've not had intercourse yet.

A step more ironic is when a faux virgin like that still lords their alleged sexual purity over everybody.

Upvote 0

Bampot

May 14, 2009
Indiana
✟7,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
What's really ironic are people who have performed just about every sexual act possible between humans, but still think they're technical virgins because they've not had intercourse yet.

A step more ironic is when a faux virgin like that still lords their alleged sexual purity over everybody.

Indeed. You can't help but want to slam your head against the wall when someone spouts their own purity and has anal sex at the same time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.