Have you ever heard of Uncut Mountain Supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

repentant

Orthodoxy: Debunking heretics since 33 A.D.
Sep 2, 2005
US of A
✟8,687.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Aria said:
I thought at first that it was some hick outfit deep in the South, but they sell Icons.

Who is behind it?

http://www.uncutmountainsupply.com/

Founded in 2005, Uncut Mountain Supply is owned and operated by Saint John the Damascene Orthodox Christian Brotherhood. With our headquarters in The Dalles, Oregon we are well-located only an hour east of Portland and an hour west of the St. John the Forerunner Orthodox Monastery in Goldendale, Washington. Our local parish church, The Dormition of the Theotokos Mission, is under the Omophorion of His Grace, Bishop Longin, and the Serbian Archdiocese of North America. We aspire to offer:

Carefully selected icons which reflect the rich culture and faith of Eastern Orthodoxy at reasonable prices.
Orthodox publications which expound the sacred traditions of our Faith.
Finely crafted devotional items specially chosen for their authenticity and high quality.
Uncut Mountain Supply takes its name from the All-Holy Theotokos (Birth-giver of God) and Virgin Mary, the Uncut Mountain of Daniel and Habakkuk, from which the Stone was cut without hands (Dan. 2:34-35).

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,179,025.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Elizabeth, did you click on the link to their partner web site, Uncut Mountain Press?. The site is managed by Fr Peter Heers here in Thessaloniki, although he has been kept fairly inundated with other work plus the recent birth of their child. My wife has done some translating for them and Vol. 2 of Elder Cleopas, "The Truth of Our Faith" should be coming out real soon now.

John

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
prodromos said:
Elizabeth, did you click on the link to their partner web site, Uncut Mountain Press?. The site is managed by Fr Peter Heers here in Thessaloniki, although he has been kept fairly inundated with other work plus the recent birth of their child. My wife has done some translating for them and Vol. 2 of Elder Cleopas, "The Truth of Our Faith" should be coming out real soon now.

John

How neat. Did you wife translate volume 2?

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Aria said:
I thought at first that it was some hick outfit deep in the South, but they sell Icons.

Who is behind it?

http://www.uncutmountainsupply.com/

I ain't never heard o' them there people. They ain't some o' them people what does that funny sanging in Church, wares them funny robes and has all o' them perty pitchers all over the place, is they? :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
forgivensinner001 said:
I ain't never heard o' them there people. They ain't some o' them people what does that funny sanging in Church, wares them funny robes and has all o' them perty pitchers all over the place, is they? :D
:D

Yes um, and you juss crass foah cricks den hang a riot and den cross two cricks and den make anada riot and you is dayah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Theophorus said:
I am sorry, yes they are. But it is no surprise that they linked to the monastery.

No doubt they probably confess to each other.

The Serbians and the Greek monks are very devout.

I met a Serbian priest who is in remission and he is a livint saint. He almost died of cancer but God spared him.

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2004
Kansas City area
✟23,771.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Aria said:
No doubt they probably confess to each other.

The Serbians and the Greek monks are very devout.

I met a Serbian priest who is in remission and he is a livint saint. He almost died of cancer but God spared him.

Wow. We are attending a Serbian parish for the first time tomorrow. I do know that the greek monks have relationships outside of their "jurisdiction". They are unofficial, but if you follow the links....

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Theophorus said:
Wow. We are attending a Serbian parish for the first time tomorrow. I do know that the greek monks have relationships outside of their "jurisdiction". They are unofficial, but if you follow the links....

Give a report. All the Serbs I have met are wonderful people and great cooks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.