Discussion Have you ever felt overwhelmed with electricity, fire, heat, burning all over?

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Doing various searches on the internet, I've noticed a clear pattern of believers reporting feelings and sensations that they usually describe with expressions such as "waves of electricity", "fire", "heat", "burning all over", among others. I've heard expressions like these mainly from Pentecostal and Charismatic circles.

For illustrative purposes, here are some example video clips (with timestamps) from individuals describing their first-hand experiences: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P.

Also, here is a quote from a very descriptive testimonial posted on Charisma Magazine:

[...] In an instant, the Spirit of God gave me a single word in tongues to speak out, and as I repeated it, more words erupted through me. The power of the wonderful Holy Spirit enveloped me as what seemed like waves of electricity and what I can only describe as God's love and power washed over me. It seemed as though a spotlight exploded out of my mouth as I spoke in tongues, with my arms and hands surging with tremendous currents of electricity as the waves of power washed over the rest of my body as I loudly spoke in tongues, feeling immersed in His Spirit. [...]

Source: Charisma Magazine (cached version)

Have you ever experienced anything like this? Would you mind sharing your testimony?

Reactions: Arc F1

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is this for charismatics only?

Have you ever felt overwhelmed with electricity, fire, heat, burning all over?
Only twice. I'm keeping the details of the first time to myself for now, except to say it was a minor but noticeable warmth.

But the second time was very different. It happened a few years after the first instance mentioned above as I was praying a devotional type of prayer to God. I was deep in it. I have found that praying Psalms with devotions is helpful. Idk how long I was praying but it was quite a while. This I do affirm.

Anyway, I prayed fervently and there was something more intense. I had the sensation that the cells of my body were crackling. And cracking. Major waves of heat. Maybe something electrical? Whatever happened, it seemed possible in that moment that my body maybe couldn't withstand this kind of strain. So, I prayed that God would slow down a little bit and allow me time to physically process whatever the heck just happened. He complied with that request, btw.

This isn't the type of thing I would ordinarily discuss in a forum like this. But since you asked...

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Doing various searches on the internet, I've noticed a clear pattern of believers reporting feelings and sensations that they usually describe with expressions such as "waves of electricity", "fire", "heat", "burning all over", among others. I've heard expressions like these mainly from Pentecostal and Charismatic circles.

For illustrative purposes, here are some example video clips (with timestamps) from individuals describing their first-hand experiences: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P.

Also, here is a quote from a very descriptive testimonial posted on Charisma Magazine:

[...] In an instant, the Spirit of God gave me a single word in tongues to speak out, and as I repeated it, more words erupted through me. The power of the wonderful Holy Spirit enveloped me as what seemed like waves of electricity and what I can only describe as God's love and power washed over me. It seemed as though a spotlight exploded out of my mouth as I spoke in tongues, with my arms and hands surging with tremendous currents of electricity as the waves of power washed over the rest of my body as I loudly spoke in tongues, feeling immersed in His Spirit. [...]

Have you ever experienced anything like this? Would you mind sharing your testimony?
When I was in a charismatic Anglican Church, I experienced an intense loving warmth, which I have previously described:

During a healing prayer service, where I sought healing for a foot problem, He let me know that "It is not your feet that need healing, but your heart", and soon I was completely enveloped by what I can only describe as a golden warm blanket of love, around me, on top, at the side, underneath, within, beyond, and where there are no words to explain, but that this was all encompassing and, oh, there are no words to describe it.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

It's reminiscent of something, I'm sure - I'll have to come back to this thread later on.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There are some amazing testimonies here. I have a couple of different things that happen and I believe that's the initiation of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit speaks through our soul or you could say hearts, the message runs to the brain. That's how He initiates. " Didn't our hearts burn within us as He spoke " Luke 24:32 .

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I experienced powerful bursts of electricity when I was first saved. Since then, I only lightly sense God's drawing or presence.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

I recall having extreme body reactions at the beginning, and then it was more gentle. I get the sense, the more I trust God, the less my body needs to be forced to act/react in a particular way.

Now I get similar sensations through the unity of the body of Christ, watching these testimonies paints me a bigger picture as to why that is.

God bless.

Upvote 0