Have you ever faced a serious situation?

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate

I don't mean the toilet got stopped up and started overflowing type stuff.

I mean a really serious life changing or altering event?
Something akin to a suicide, A diagnosis of a terminal illness, or near death experiences etc;

If so, How did God operate in your life during this traumatic event and afterwards?

God has a way of turning "messes into messages" and I would love to hear your testimonies
Thank You

Blessings
S/Scotty

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟919,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I've never had a terminal illness but my grandfather and grandmother on my fathers side died pretty quickly from terminal illnesses. My grandmother died within a month of her lung cancer diagnosis I didn't even really have time to visit her before she passed away she passed so quickly and suddenly. I mean both of my grandparents lived in Canada about an hours drive away. My grandfather had prostate cancer but I don't think he died from the prostate cancer because he lived for like 2-3 years after his diagnosis. He died quickly from something else he basically was in the hospital and was dead less than a week later. Id have to ask my dad what killed his father because I'm not sure. But I didn't even have time to visit either of them before they died and said my goodbyes. I think both of them believed in Jesus so they're probably with Jesus now. That comforts me. But basically I thought I would never get through the pain. As I was close to both of them. But God got me through it all. And I've said my prayers for them both. What's kind of interesting/romantic is that they both died within a year of each other. Grandpa died in April of 2017 grandma died last July of 2018. Both were buried next to each other. So... Yeah.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I am so sorry Sister.{ I thought you were a brother, Sorry}

I am praying for you and I have this fear of the spray that they use on power lines and for bugs and stuff. It just doesn't seem right to do this.
I pray that you are completely healed and God bless you for saving this precious child. You are a true hero

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I don't mean the toilet got stopped up and started overflowing type stuff.

I mean a really serious life changing or altering event?
Something akin to a suicide, A diagnosis of a terminal illness, or near death experiences etc;

If so, How did God operate in your life during this traumatic event and afterwards?

God has a way of turning "messes into messages" and I would love to hear your testimonies
Thank You

Blessings
S/Scotty

I was sledding with friends in the snow in a neighbors yard, it was near to a 100' cliff edge with rocks at the bottom. We lived near the beach and the cliff was access with steep stars to the beach.

Anyways I jumped off a hill in the yard and my friend yelled, "get the sled". I looked and the sled was heading for the cliff. It was a toboggan that was expensive and he was warned by his parents not to damage it, I believe it was made out of oak.

I sprinted for the sled and saw the cliff coming at me too fast so I decided to put the breaks on quick. My feet slid out from underneath me and I began to slide, now I was just a few feet from the cliff edge.

I tried to dig in with my hands as I slid closer and closer to the cliff edge. I couldn't stop myself from sliding.

As I slid over the cliff edge I realized that I was surely dead and felt this peace and just let go of my life. Within an instance I found myself caught in black berry stickers that were growing out of the cliff edge. To my surprise I was still alive.

My friends yelled for me by name. I heard them and yelled back up the cliff (which was only a couple feet up) "I'm OK I'm caught in sticker bushes". I looked down and saw a sandy edge that I could stand on. I said to my friends "There's a ledge I'm OK". So I stepped on it. When I pressed my weight onto it the sand edge fell and as I looked down I could see the rocks (boulders) 100' down.

I quickly yelled back up to my friends "The ledge broke I need help". The sled was hanging in the stickers just above my head. My friends reached for the sled and turned it to the curl side and reached it down to me. I grabbed hold and they all pulled me back up over the cliff edge.

I realized later that God had spared my life. He had also gave me the peace to just let go when falling over the cliff, instead of panicking in terror. Maybe saying "You're going to be OK".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I found out that my son was in trouble. He lived far away and I could do nothing to help. I had no way to contact him. He took his life. Through it all, I returned to God and he gave me peace. I met grandkids that I had never met before. I suppose that this is the good that came from this horrific experience. I can't imagine my God allowing it to happen just to bring me back, though. His ways are far beyond my understanding and I accept that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Life changing events happen to a lot of people and I am sincerely interested in our various "coping" mechanisms.
I am fully persuaded that God has led me by the hand through my whole ordeal and I couldn't have made it this far if I was not a faith led christian.

I have found that my flesh is very weak and it is God's grace that has held me up all along.
I see now clearer than ever that God is doing a work in all of our lives every day and we each travel differing roads, However the Holy Spirit is guiding and directing our steps.
He is the mighty Comforter and Counselor!!

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if this qualifies, but for some reason I was driving one day without my seat belt. I usually had it on. I had been driving for about 15 minutes, when suddenly something was telling me "put the seat belt on". I did, and within the next five minutes got into a massive car accident. I'm convinced I would have died or been severely injured if it weren't for putting my seat belt on moments before it happened. As it is, the seatbelt worked so hard to help me that it gave me a long bruise in the shape of the seat belt. Fortunately my air bag also worked, but I still managed with the airbag and seat belt to scrape the bottom of my chin and have some bruising. The entire windshield was cracked, and the force of the accident caused my family model car dashboard to completely crack and climb up in the middle. The force of the accident dislodged my internal air conditioning and stereo system - one of them flew up and hit the window on the passenger side - if they had flown to the left instead, hitting me, again I would have been injured or killed. Even the insurance adjuster told me she couldn't believe I lived without injuries. It took road emergency crews over two hours to pick up pieces of the cars off the highway. I definitely thank God for the intervention - and to think, I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt that day until minutes before this crash!

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟919,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Well I almost died at birth. So when I worry about things I think back to that. God let me live, He has a plan for me, like He does for all His true followers. My life is in His hands

I almost died at birth too now that you mention it. I guess from what my mother told me when I was born I wasn't breathing at all so the doctors had to get me breathing again. I don't know what things they tried on me but whatever they tried worked because after being blue for like 3-4 minutes they finally got me to breathe for the first time. It was quite tragic actually.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Annalafrenchy7

Dec 27, 2018
Paris
✟33,345.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I almost died at birth too now that you mention it. I guess from what my mother told me when I was born I wasn't breathing at all so the doctors had to get me breathing again. I don't know what things they tried on me but whatever they tried worked because after being blue for like 3-4 minutes they finally got me to breathe for the first time. It was quite tragic actually.
Wow yes, that sounds similar to what happened to me. I am glad you made it and that you are here ❤️ Praise Jesus He is so good

• Winner
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟919,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Wow yes, that sounds similar to what happened to me. I am glad you made it and that you are here ❤️ Praise Jesus He is so good

I'm glad that both of us made it! I mean my mother had two miscarriages before me. She didn't really want to lose her son too. So thank God for modern technology because if I was born like 100 years ago they wouldn't have known how to get me to breathe again they probably just would have pronounced me dead right there.

Upvote 0

Annalafrenchy7

Dec 27, 2018
Paris
✟33,345.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad that both of us made it! I mean my mother had two miscarriages before me. She didn't really want to lose her son too. So thank God for modern technology because if I was born like 100 years ago they wouldn't have known how to get me to breathe again they probably just would have pronounced me dead right there.
Wow, I’m sorry for for mother, thank God you made it. That would have been devastating. Yes thank God for technology.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟919,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Wow, I’m sorry for for mother, thank God you made it. That would have been devastating. Yes thank God for technology.

My sister had a miscarriage recently too. I think miscarriages just run in our family. My sister was kind of devastated when she lost her baby so I cannot imagine how my mom felt to go through that too. But yeah I was born in 1986 my mom had her first miscarriage in 1982 I think. My sister was born in 1983 and my moms second miscarriage was in 1985. But yeah I feel sorry for my mom too for having to lose two of her children and almost lose the third one at birth. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Were you the only one that almost died?

• Friendly
Upvote 0