Have you ever been in a toxic work environment?

Timahani

Jan 6, 2012
United States-Arizona
✟43,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hey Everyone,

I have a quick question for you: Have you ever worked in an extremely godless and toxic work environment? What are some of the things that you did to help you get through it.

Background: I am currently working in education. My principal is very toxic. She loves drama, investigating teachers and her staff over nothing. She is constantly pulling my students into her office to investigate me. She tried 3x the past 2 weeks, interviewing over 12 students and each time she comes up with nothing:tantrum:. I have found another job. However, I got to be with her until May 23rd . I have been having nightmares, waking up in the middle of nights etc. I feel that this is definitely a spiritual attack since I have gotten to that school. She did this to another Christian Teacher whose parents were pastors. She fired her, reported her to the state, and she cant work as an educator ever again, over some foolishness! Uggh!

My program for example is the ONLY program in the school that is operating according to the state at a 90% A. All the rest of the programs at the school have f's and only a couple have D's. As a result of the problems, my entire team has found "Other jobs". We all will be going to other schools for the 2019-2020 school year. So it isn't me at all. For example, my program received a state grade of 9/10. At every meeting she snickers, and gives me evil glares and states that " we still have room for improvement", that "she has not seen a difference in anything that we are doing". Lastly, she pulled all of my students and started asking them ," What does Timahani teach you in class?", Does she teach you to cheat on state assessments?,:hahaha: What does she talk to you about in class. The result of her investigation was only, to be softer in my demeanor, because sometimes " I speak to the kids to strongly". Please keep in mind that the entire week, I was not in the testing room at all. I was in my classroom with the other teachers. My students were appalled and a few were teary eyes. :sad:

What do I do? This is causing so much psychological stress? I am being harassed by a crazy nut!

• Prayers
Reactions: 1 person

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't know! My daughter and granddaughter are a teacher and soon to be student teacher. My brother teaches at an alternative school and he says it's not a good environment (staff expectations as well as students).

• Prayers
Reactions: Timahani
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do I do? This is causing so much psychological stress? I am being harassed by a crazy nut!
I am not very good at office politics, but have found this approach to work in other settings.

"Then the Pharisees went and plotted how they might entangle Him in His talk. And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men. Tell us, therefore, what do You think? Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?”

But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, “Why do you test Me, you hypocrites? Show Me the tax money.

So they brought Him a denarius.

And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?

They said to Him, “Caesar’s.”

And He said to them, “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left Him and went their way." Matthew 22:15-22 NKJV

You can tap into that same wisdom! :oldthumbsup:

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." James 1:5 NKJV

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
On a more basic level I have observed throughout my near 40 yrs of employment, when an employer doesn't like one of their employees. They will constantly be overly critical of the employee's performance even though they do good work. This is done in order to make them quit and change jobs because it's easier than firing them.

It isn't much of a problem when there is a demand for good workers, far more stressful on a person when there isn't the demand.

• Informative
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, my previous employer was a nightmare. He was a bully who liked to come up with ways to bug us all the time. He was verbally abusive and made the workplace incredibly stressful. This ends up carrying over to home eventually. I was so relieved to get out of there! It's not somewhere to stay if the boss stays.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It's not unusual. I suggest you increase your prayer. Thank God you're leaving soon but while you are there, ignore her actions, don't give her the joy of knowing her actions are getting to you and be professional on the job. God bless

Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you already have another job lined up, would you consider providing notice of your resignation effective May xx, 2019? In some states the laws protect employees from harassment after resignations are tendered. If she sees you are already out the door she might stop her despicable actions to chase you out.

It may be necessary for you to hire an attorney to protect your right to continue teaching so she isn't able to cause the same fate to you as to the other person who she caused to lose her license.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey Everyone,

I have a quick question for you: Have you ever worked in an extremely godless and toxic work environment? What are some of the things that you did to help you get through it.

Background: I am currently working in education. My principal is very toxic. She loves drama, investigating teachers and her staff over nothing. She is constantly pulling my students into her office to investigate me. She tried 3x the past 2 weeks, interviewing over 12 students and each time she comes up with nothing:tantrum:. I have found another job. However, I got to be with her until May 23rd . I have been having nightmares, waking up in the middle of nights etc. I feel that this is definitely a spiritual attack since I have gotten to that school. She did this to another Christian Teacher whose parents were pastors. She fired her, reported her to the state, and she cant work as an educator ever again, over some foolishness! Uggh!

My program for example is the ONLY program in the school that is operating according to the state at a 90% A. All the rest of the programs at the school have f's and only a couple have D's. As a result of the problems, my entire team has found "Other jobs". We all will be going to other schools for the 2019-2020 school year. So it isn't me at all. For example, my program received a state grade of 9/10. At every meeting she snickers, and gives me evil glares and states that " we still have room for improvement", that "she has not seen a difference in anything that we are doing". Lastly, she pulled all of my students and started asking them ," What does Timahani teach you in class?", Does she teach you to cheat on state assessments?,:hahaha: What does she talk to you about in class. The result of her investigation was only, to be softer in my demeanor, because sometimes " I speak to the kids to strongly". Please keep in mind that the entire week, I was not in the testing room at all. I was in my classroom with the other teachers. My students were appalled and a few were teary eyes. :sad:

So the answer is yes I have been.

There are two things that helped. I quit, and I laughed.

It's not a spiritual attack. A spiritual attack is some serious insanity. Putting up with a dumb chick, isn't having a demonic spirit attack you. They are not comparable, and G-d forbid you ever actually get attacked, you won't be saying "I think"... you'll know, and you'll be scared.

So what do you do with this dumb chick? Ignore her. Laugh at her. You are daughter of the Lord, and she is a fool.

Now I don't know if that helps you, but I have a manager here where I work, who is absolute scum. I just laugh at him. He's a joke to me. One day he tried to fire me. I was gone in 3 minutes. I got half way home, and they called asking me to come back.

G-d takes care of his own. So let this woman do whatever she wants. Don't worry about what will happen, because he who is with you, is great than who is with them. Right? :)

Upvote 0