Have you cut ties with your unvaccinated friends?

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I would rather take a bullet in the head than take the vaccine.

giphy.gif

Upvote 0

Lavaduder

Jul 12, 2020
yers
✟18,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
6 companies now control over 90% of the media and these companies send their teams to meet with the CIA every year and plot out the agenda. Event 201 involved the WHO Bill Gates, D=CDC Imperial college who did a war game simulation for a covid virus taking over the world 3 months before the virus showed up. Fauci is on record as saying there was a 100% chance of a pandemic during the the Trump term. Now we have not had a pandemic since WW! and now Fauci is right there is a pandemic. But they had to change the definition of what a pandemic was for it to qualify otherwise this would have went on record as a normal flu season. Now as we go forward we see all the basic questions of follow the money pointing their fingers back to the architects who also are heavily invested in testing , vaccines, and a digital tracking device. This is an end game scenario and this is Dan 8 a sinister scheme.
I love Conspiracy theorists!
I find it ridiculous, this whole fear-based business. I don't personally know ANYONE who even nearly died of Covid, but here we have a 'vaccination' of new derivation that (as best as my ignorance knows how to put it) messes with your RNA which deals with your DNA, something that no other mass available vaccine has done before, and it is become a politically correct matter, pushed by those I have never trusted, even threatened to be forced, and FOR WHAT? A 99.7% survivable virus??? And it's even less for the young; for them it's safer than driving to get the vaccination!

The emperor has no clothes.
Interesting fact vaccines have a 4-6% failure rate. (This has been known pre-wuhan-virus)
There's still the possibility we could infect our families or friends with the virus. While the vaccine reduces infectivity and viral load, it doesn't completely prevent a person from carrying the virus.

It's not about politicizing the vaccine, it's about protecting friends and family.
The easiest way to "protect people" is, will, and has been to cover your mouth when you sneeze, and wash your hands. Bytheway sneezes can fling particles up to 30 feet and through masks. So again...please cover your month when you sneeze.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,294.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So are you saying the odds of the vaccinated getting the virus still is comparable to a meteorite hitting your home? That's something even the Pro-Vaccine people don't believe so consider that you might need to to more reading.
I just thought we were discussing far-fetched hypotheticals.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I love Conspiracy theorists!

Interesting fact vaccines have a 4-6% failure rate. (This has been known pre-wuhan-virus)

The easiest way to "protect people" is, will, and has been to cover your mouth when you sneeze, and wash your hands. Bytheway sneezes can fling particles up to 30 feet and through masks. So again...please cover your month when you sneeze.

Sneezing isn't the way that COVID-19 is primarily transmitted. It is transmitted primarily through droplets in the breath. Covering the nose is not a substitute for wearing a mask.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
This is what is so frustrating to me. All the anti-vaxxers and covid-denialists are simply making things worse for everyone. The basic understanding of how viruses work seems utterly lost on these people.

It feels like a symptom of the broader anti-science contingent in the U.S., and reinforces the need for better education.

That's only a small part of the problem. Some of the most dangerous deniers are otherwise relatively educated people. Some people are suppressing the truth because it doesn't fit with their flawed intuitions or narratives of the world.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,500.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So what happens if the people who you do hang around come down with the virus and the ones who never get vaccinated never do. So are you going to continual being around the ones vaccinated and have the plague and the ones who aren't vaccinated who don't have it....well....you avoid them like the plague?
Depends on how natural immunity does against the new strains the unvaccinated are breeding, I guess.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Yeah. I get it too. No idea why grown adults are so scared of getting a nearly painless shot, but oh well, that's where we are?

Or perhaps you meant a different unfounded opinion about the level of fear driving the decisions of people you've never met?
By 'fear', I'm talking about the constant drumbeat of panic about a near nothing. I'm not afraid of a shot —not even a little bit. I'm afraid of the habit of submitting to irresponsible, perverse and overbearing non-representative authority.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is what is so frustrating to me. All the anti-vaxxers and covid-denialists are simply making things worse for everyone.

Maybe your frustration could be reduced if you'd come to understand not all who might have reservations about these particular vaccines aren't necessarily opposed to vaccines in general. And where do you really see covid deniers that is from the standpoint that it doesn't exist. I'd say 99.9999 % of the population believe it exists but have different ways they think about it.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'd say 99.9999 % of the population believe it exists but have different ways they think about it.
I'd be very surprised if at least 1% of USA people didnt believe the actual virus was a hoax. We're in an era of great delusions, and "covid hoax" is just another perhaps weirder one.

• Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟605,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really don't see why it's not perfectly understandable that people are leery of an untested rushed vaccine. I certainly wasn't anxious to be a guinea pig. But I decided contracting Covid was a bigger risk.

It's too bad there isn't a vaccine for virtue signalling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seeing the handfull of fruits to date, though without citation, I am very much inclined to agree.
Yes, we certainly can't be going around expecting people to cite reputable sources. That's no fun.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really don't see why it's not perfectly understandable that people are leery of an untested rushed vaccine. I certainly wasn't anxious to be a guinea pig. But I decided contracting Covid was a bigger risk.

It's too bad there isn't a vaccine for virtue signalling.
"Untested"? Really?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would rather take a bullet in the head than take the vaccine. That is what I told my governor.
Just do it outside in the woods or someplace where nobody has to clean up after you.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟605,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Untested"? Really?

Compaired to standard testing, yes. It's understandable, there wasn't time to put it through the whole nine yards. Also it certainly hasn't stood the test of time. No one knows for sure what long term side effects there might be. There's plenty of reasons for people to be leery of it in my opinion.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No but come to think of it I haven’t had bad cell reception in weeks.
Well, my laptop would not connect to wi-fi yesterday. maybe I need a booster shot.

• Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0