• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Have you cut ties with your unvaccinated friends?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by ThisIsMe123, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,038
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    Yeah, and it still is more dangerous than getting Covid.

2. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+12,537
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    [citation needed]

3. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Anti-Democratic Monarchist

+2,808
    New Zealand
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Doesn't protect the pedestrian you accidently run over. Maybe driving cars isn't worth the cost in lives it kills every year world wide.

4. Mark Quayle

+2,038
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    Ok, let me say it a different way. "What is your point in asking if I wear a seatbelt etc."

5. Mark Quayle

+2,038
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    Well, with the lockdowns they kill two birds with one stone!

6. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+19,914
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Oh? I would prefer driving to work every day to having COVID. I wish some of the nut job road rangers could get vaccinated against stupidity.

7. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+12,537
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    Driving a car does have certain risk associated with it. Hence there are various precautions put in place to minimize injury and death, as I mentioned.

Similarly one can take precautions against contracting and/or spreading COVID-19. E.g. vaccines, masks, social distancing, etc.

In the end, it's about reducing relative risk of harm to ourselves and others.

8. Ignatius the Kiwi

+2,808
    New Zealand
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    That doesn't do anything to save the lives that are at risk now from the dangers of driving and motor vehicles. Should we not value life more than any other concern?

9. rocknanchor

rocknanchor How the Lord Hears You - James 4:3 Supporter

+6,525
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Seeing the handfull of fruits to date, though without citation, I am very much inclined to agree.

10. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+5,420
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Why didn't they title the piece
    Half of vaccinated Canadians say they’re ‘likely’ to spend time around those who remain unvaccinated.

Would there be an agenda in choosing the half that they did and ignoring the other half?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. PloverWing

PloverWing Episcopalian

+3,237
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    Most of my friends are vaccinated. The chief exceptions are two toddlers and an infant at church, because they're too young. I wear a mask when I'm near them and try to stay six feet away, to help keep them safe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Ignatius the Kiwi

+2,808
    New Zealand
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Can you draw any line at all? If the amount of deaths per year as a result of cars and other motor vehicles on the road is an acceptable loss, that must give us some indication of the amount of deaths we as a society are willing to tolerate. For what reason are we willing to then tolerate those deaths by car crashes or pedestrian collisions? Likely because we want to maintain a modern economy.

If the percentage of deaths due to Corona is less than a percent of the population and even then you need to factor in things like age, weight and autoimmune diseases, is it at least understandable why people might not feel the need to get a vaccine?

13. Oompa Loompa

Oompa Loompa Against both police brutality and cop killing.

+1,166
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  14. Oompa Loompa

+1,166
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You use a revolver for Russian Roulette? I use a semi-auto like a real man.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Oompa Loompa

+1,166
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Except on foums.

16. Fr. Appletree

Fr. Appletree Priest of The Society of St. Pius V

+305
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    I would rather take a bullet in the head than take the vaccine. That is what I told my governor.

17. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,529
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    My variation…

Normal person: Let's play Russian roulette.

Pro-vaxx Person: Hold muh beer and watch this!

18. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+22,974
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Funny. From where I’m sitting, the vaccinated are the normal ones. Of most everyone I know well, only a handful are still holding out on getting their shots.

No one, out of all the people I know who’ve had the vaccine, not one has had any adverse reaction outside of the normal sore arm and fatigue or mild fever for about a day.

19. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+5,420
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    No one suddenly wanted to switch to windows 11 or pay a carbon tax?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+22,974
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    No but come to think of it I haven’t had bad cell reception in weeks.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List