Have you considered giving up social media?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
And maybe even your smartphone?
Yes, and yes.

For various time.

Eventually, will be required to give it up, or to serve the enemy. The day is not too far away, although could still be more than two weeks in the future, or 50 years ?

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not particuarly active on Social Media. However, I did give it up for a number of years. The issue that drove me back was missing out on events or things in other people's lives. People post parties, pictures, etc....things that are important to them. Yes, one can say "they should reach out to you if they truly want you to come/see" and while that is true, they also know that everyone else is on SM, so they don't need to reach out. So I joined again to stay in touch easier.

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and yes.

For various time.

Eventually, will be required to give it up, or to serve the enemy. The day is not too far away, although could still be more than two weeks in the future, or 50 years ?

Agree!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If using ANY technology, pray constantly and remain abiding in Jesus in the Father, seeking continual fellowship in Him and remain in union with the Son and with the Father,

so as to have all that is necessary for His Kingdom and to resist the enemy...

i.e. ALWAYS TRUST THE FATHER and JESUS THE GOOD SHEPHERD,

and never trust men nor governments nor society... even though we pray for the leaders so we may live at peace for a while longer....AS WRITTEN, DO AS WRITTEN ...

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I did for a whole year, but there were people (and fb groups) that encouraged me throughout the years that I missed fellowshipping with and learning from that I was drawn to return. The social media has connected me with family, friends and other believers than ever before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not particuarly active on Social Media. However, I did give it up for a number of years. The issue that drove me back was missing out on events or things in other people's lives. People post parties, pictures, etc....things that are important to them. Yes, one can say "they should reach out to you if they truly want you to come/see" and while that is true, they also know that everyone else is on SM, so they don't need to reach out. So I joined again to stay in touch easier.

Yeah, I get that.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
??
Isn't this site we are on social media ? (or worse)?

I was thinking the same thing. This board is a social media platform.

Strictly speaking, no, this is not "social media" social media is generally the networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. not internet message boards. That said, it is certainly social and certainly can be worse than Social Media. But we do not allow companies or businesses (in general) to participate, unlike "Social Media".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If using ANY technology, pray constantly and remain abiding in Jesus in the Father, seeking continual fellowship in Him and remain in union with the Son and with the Father,

so as to have all that is necessary for His Kingdom and to resist the enemy...

i.e. ALWAYS TRUST THE FATHER and JESUS THE GOOD SHEPHERD,

and never trust men nor governments nor society... even though we pray for the leaders so we may live at peace for a while longer....AS WRITTEN, DO AS WRITTEN ...

Hear, hear!

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did for a whole year, but there were people (and fb groups) that encouraged me throughout the years that I missed fellowshipping with and learning from that I was drawn to return. The social media has connected me with family, friends and other believers than ever before.

It is tough, for sure. It is definitely choosing to be left out of the conversation.

• Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It is tough, for sure. It is definitely choosing to be left out of the conversation.
Which brings up the view in Scripture --- what "conversations" does Yahuweh the Creator Say are permitted, and which ones are not permitted, or not helpful, and even harmful ? (similar to "bad company (for Christians and for unbelievers both) CORRUPT GOOD MORALS" ) (very common in society) ..... )

Upvote 0

mothcorrupteth

Old Whig Monarchist, Classically Realpolitik
Jun 3, 2017
Huntsville, AL
✟42,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I no longer use Facebook. All it is anymore is a repository for people with a bone to pick to reach into and find stuff to use against you. That, and Silicon Valley censoring views they don't like.

LinkedIn, I still use. But of course, I post nothing to it but shallow inspirational quotes and academic videos so all the virtue signalers who might want to hire me can see them and think, "Gee, that person looks like no frivolous lawsuits."

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I'm giving up (internet) in a few minutes, but will possible (probably) take it back up again tomorrow (when I have internet access again) :) ......

Jesus' Shalom to you and your house TODAY.

Upvote 0