• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Have You Been Subdued By Humiliation?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Formation & Disciplines' started by Minister Monardo, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Minister Monardo

Minister Monardo Well-Known Member

+2,385
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his
    glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
    "our vile body"="this body of our humiliation", literally, according to Vine's dictionary.
    Young's literal translation:

21 who shall transform the body of our humiliation to its becoming conformed to
    the body of his glory, according to the working of his power, even to subject to himself
    the all things.

When we follow the lead of the Holy Spirit, we will experience afflictions that humiliate
    the carnal nature that is essential to the process of our sanctification for His Use.

2 Corinthians 1:5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also
    abounds through Christ.
    To be consoled by the Holy Spirit during the difficulties that give us contrition is a source
    of great Joy. This is the inner working of the Holy Spirit, that we must accept in order
    for this to be true:

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God,
    to those who are the called according to His purpose.
    "the all things" includes trials of faith, and afflictions from the world and heartbreaks
    with
    the pain of loss.

Trust God there is a necessary affliction, keeping our priorities on God.

2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us
    a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.

The result is "a good and faithful servant" being transformed into the likeness of

His Son, and receiving a "new name" (son?, daughter?)
    2 Timothy 2:21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a
    vessel
    for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,404
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    "inner working", yes > it is not working things out in our lives and our reputations, but the battle is within us.

3. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,404
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Paul is saying his sufferings and cares of the churches are "light" in comparison with the glory which will come.

You might not like needles; but if getting the pain of a needle for a blood test means you can marry someone you love very dearly, then is when the pain of that needle can seem like nothing . . . compared with the joy of your love with your sweetie :) There are times I tell my lady friend that I want all her problems because having her problems means having her! lolololololololol

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." (Romans 8:18)

But if I am being worldly while I do things and go through things . . . even things that are not really a problem can get to me, and get the better of me. I can imagine and invent and make up trouble to suffer about!!

But as we get real deep correction of our character, then can come perfection of how we are and how we take things, in God's all-loving love . . . our Creator's love making us creative with any problem or situation or nicer things:

Then is when we care about others as ourselves; we do not only get our own problems solved . . . with God. For example, in Genesis 37-50 we can see how God used the troubles of Joseph to bring His good results. Not only did God bless Joseph, but God who is all-loving also used Joseph to save many people's lives, plus He used that trouble to bring Joseph into reconciliation with his brothers who had so betrayed and hurt Joseph and their father.

4. SANTOSO

SANTOSO Well-Known Member

+1,027
    Indonesia
    Christian
    Married
    Beloved one, I perceive your concern about what is written about vile body in KJV. For we heard:

“who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.”
    ‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And also, you mentioned the comparison translation YLT:

21 who shall transform the body of our humiliation to its becoming conformed to the body of his glory, according to the working of his power, even to subject to himself the all things.

How the Lord change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body,
    according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto himself ?

This is what we have heard:
    “it is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.”
    ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:44-45‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Beloved one, yes, I perceived your concern, that has spoken of “vile body” in KJV and that you have compared to “body of humiliation” in YLT.

How our vile body be changed? I consider how our profane body be changed ? I consider those who were profaned, have been cut off from the place of refuge, cut off from the voice of authority of the Shepherd, and cut off from the blood sacrifice of the Lamb of God.

So we who have been saved by His grace, that is, the gift of God. We have found refuge in our Lord Jesus Christ by faith.

This is what have been said of our beloved Lord Jesus Christ:

“that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.”
    ‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So what we have is a strong consolation, that is, we who have fled refuge to our Lord Jesus Christ. The hope of Christ is as the anchor of our souls, and how our living souls was made quickening spirits through Christ, that we were united in the last adam to become a quickening spirit in Christ Jesus.

Likewise, we are not cut off from the voice of the authority of our Shepherd. For our Shepherd gave us this promise:
    “I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.”
    ‭‭John‬ ‭10:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Our good Shepherd gave His life for us, His sheep.

Let us remember what Moses have asked of the Lord:

“And Moses spake unto the LORD, saying, Let the LORD, the God of the spirits of all flesh, set a man over the congregation, which may go out before them, and which may go in before them, and which may lead them out, and which may bring them in; that the congregation of the LORD be not as sheep which have no shepherd.”
    ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭27:15-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Beloved one, I consider as that our vile body changed because our Shepherd give life to us, His sheep and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of Man as our Shepherd whom the God of the spirits of all flesh set over the congregation which may go out before us, and which may go in before us, and which may lead us out, and which may bring us in His fold.

Likewise, we also heard:
    “being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.”
    ‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:24-26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So by the Lord’s blood we have been justified, cleansed, purified, and made holy to be conformed to His glorious body according to the working by which He is able to subdue all things to Himself.

Beloved one, I consider all vile body or all profane persons should perceive and understand the grace of the Lord, that they should truly repent, that they may find refuge in the Lord, seek to be found by the Chief Shepherd, and that they may be set forth redeemed by the blood of the Lamb of God.

Whence let us look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body, according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself.

To God the Father be thanksgiving through Christ. Amen.
    ‭‭