Have You Been Saved?

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟91,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you been "saved" by Christ? If so, how did He save you?

God put me in a dangerous situation:

Acts 17
26and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, 27that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’

I thought He needed propitiation from me so that He would leave me to live the life everyone lived intuitively, take care of myself, look after my own interest, be safe and comfortable. However, after many errors like this, I finally realised He didn't want propitiation with sacrifices (like the Athenians in the Areopagus and most other human beings thought, when they try to avoid God's wrath) but rather, wanted loyalty:

Acts 17
29“Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man.

That's a universal reaction, the reaction of normal human beings when things go wrong, when they believe that God has been offended: a volcano erupts and people build an idol of gold or stone, and put stuff in front of it till the problem stops. If the volcano stops erupting with fruit, they write down a rule that fruit works. They keep increasing the value of the sacrifice till the erupting stops, till they have nothing left except human sacrifice.

Well God overlooked such ignorance in the past, but now He has made known what He requires and will judge the world based on this revelation:

Acts 17
30“Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all peopleeverywhere should repent, 31because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”

He has made it known, unequivocally, that men should repent, meta noia, change their mind about serving self interest and serve God, by serving the interest of others, because God is love, always looking out for the interest of others, as demonstrated by all the teachings in His Holy Scriptures.

It is this realisation, confession, con faire, speak with, agree, that makes me loyal, a believer, which is what makes me a recipient of His favor, His grace, which is all sufficient.

You'd be surprised what the sufficiency is sufficient for!

Not just salvation, but more than that!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
by serving the interest of others...

Matthew 25:40 Christ speaking
"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:18, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13).

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,426.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes.

1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins
2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience-
3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,
5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ-by grace you have been saved- - Ephesians 2:1-5

It is wonderful to talk about God’s Love for “us” while we were yet big time sinner, but it is wrong to suggest God does not Love all the other big time sinners the same way God Loved us while we were big time sinners (this would only be fair/just).

Yes! Only God can do the transitioning of a nonbelieving sinner to an obedient child of God, but God would definitely want to transition everyone and does transition everyone willing to humbly accept His help (charity/forgiveness/mercy/Love/grace). Our surrendering to God is nothing commendable or worthy of anything, but it does allow God to shower us with gifts.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe the Lord forgives all who repent of their sin. As for those who don't repent of their sin, painful times are ahead. It's all explained in Ezekiel 33:17-20.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Good post.
Many of us believe Revelation is showing the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70 and judgement on the corrupt murderous Jewish Rulers and their Temple and free the Jews from their bondage from them, much like they were freed from Pharoa's
I think that's part of what is going on. I agree that there are obvious parallels. But the vision of the restored Jerusalem at the end is surely future.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe the Lord forgives all who repent of their sin.
As for those who don't repent of their sin, painful times are ahead. It's all explained in Ezekiel 33:17-20.
Good verses...... Jeremiah 17:10 and Reve 2:23
are also similar.

Jeremiah 17:10
I Yahweh, searching heart, examining the affections/kidneys/ 03629 kilyah
and giving to man ways of him, as fruit of his doings.
[Reve 2:23]

Reve 2:23
And the offspring of her I shall be killing in death, and shall be knowing all the Assemblies that I am the One searching kidneys/nefrouV <3510> and hearts
and I shall be giving to ye each according to the works of ye.
[Jeremiah 17:10]

Matthew 12
37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”
38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to Him, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.”

Matthew 23:35
"So-that may be coming upon ye all just blood being poured out upon the land,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
James 5:6
Ye condemn, ye murder the Righteous-One, not He is resisting to Ye.

Revelation 9:21
And not they reform/repent out of their Murders, nor out from their sorceries,...........

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

For five days after the destruction of the Temple, the priests who had escaped, sat, pining with hunger, on the top of one of its broken walls; at length, they came down, and humbly asked the pardon of Titus, which, however, he refused to grant them, saying, that, "as the Temple, for the sake of which he would have spared them, was destroyed, it was but fit that its priests should parish also:" -whereupon he commanded that they should be put to death............

Last edited:
Reactions: dreadnought
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I don't say that I am 'saved'. Rather, I had a 'conversion of heart' in my teen years; approximately around 16. I had a yearning for the Truth and a yearning to discover what's in the Hereafter and the purpose of Life. I'd become a Christian and began my sojourn to search for the Church Christ founded and established; to believe the doctrines of the 1st millennium, the way they worshiped, and the rituals and rites they passed upon and practised. I will be 'saved' once I am 'safe' or 'saved' from Hell; that is to say, I'll be 'saved' once I cross the finish line and successfully end up in Heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Salvation is an ongoing process. Its not about just going to heaven. Its about loving God.
Salvation involves justification (What Jesus did on the cross) Sanctification (becoming more like Jesus every day) and Glorification (God resurrects us with glorified bodies that cannot die)

We have been saved, We are being saved, and we will be saved!

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟304,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been saved by grace through faith in Christ. Praise the Lord! :oldthumbsup:

Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.. Christ's finished work of redemption is sufficient and complete to save believers. No supplements needed.

Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, least anyone should boast. Works salvation is no salvation at all.

Romans 3:24 - being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I do not know. I'd give it a 50% chance of of being so.
I would say that is "sitting on the fence". Why do you believe you are not more than 50% saved if you are a Christian believer in Jesus? Why do lack full faith? Just asking....

Matt 5:37
Let your word be 'Yes, yes' or 'No, no.'
More than this is from the evil one.

Revelation 3:
14 These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Originator of God’s creation.
16 So -- because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I am about to vomit thee out of my mouth;

9f4f888975e0a70f2dfac023ad16ec82.jpg

However, Miyagi says your safe if you stay in middle of road.......

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes. Because Paul and Jesus said so......

1Co 6:11
And certain of you were these! but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were declared righteous, in the name of the Lord Jesus, and in the Spirit of our God.

Upvote 0

RisenInJesus

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟34,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. Colossians 1:13-14

Both my husband and I were raised in the RCC. In early adulthood, we each at various times either ignored God or drifted into various spiritual directions: new age, Native American, mysticism, eastern religions. At the time we met we had both already converted to Mormonism and were married in the Mormon temple.
Going to the temple was a turning point for me. It felt so wrong in there and I couldn't wait to get out. I did not know the true God at that time, but I knew then and there that what was taking place in the temple was NOT OF GOD. It took a few more years and experiences with false religions, but I came to a point of searching desperately for "the true church" wherever that was. I would wake up in the night asking God where is the true church?
Finally, on President's Day 1990 God used a book which was the testimony of a prominent new age leader who had been saved and set free from darkness by Jesus Christ. I read this book aloud to my husband one day and into the evening and before the day was done we were both saved, delivered, and our worldview was turned right side up. We were in a daze for a dew days, experienced some demonic attack, and then two weeks later we shared the book and our experience with a friend involved in new age spirituality. He was also saved by Jesus Christ. We were all baptized on Easter Sunday.

Upvote 0