Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
I invited Jesus into my life 4 years ago. and since then although I have begun to sin less, I have in those 4 years fornicated, watched inappropriate contentography, blasphemed, experimented with drugs, done all sorts of things, and I find that increasingly the assurance of salvation I once had is getting weaker and weaker.

I also find that I can sense Gods presence less and less

Have I blown it?

No, you haven't lost your salvation. Jesus loves those who sin. You can't do it alone. Jesus wants you to one day surrender and ready to give up sin. But the Father helps you when your ready to give up sin altogether.

I've been saved and holy spirited and I have troubles with lying. See, I'm on a diet because my doctor says so. So, when I've been eating fast foods still. And my house manager who I live with asks me what I eat everyday.

Well, I live in a group home because I'm not ready to be alone. In an apartment. The house manager is a person to supervise. She wants me to be healthier. So, I lie when she asks me if I ate Rally's which is around the corner. I lose crispy chicken sandwich.

Jesus waits till you Hit a lowest point in your life till you say uncle. Like he did me. He came down to me and everything. So, I feel blessed.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I invited Jesus into my life 4 years ago. and since then although I have begun to sin less, I have in those 4 years fornicated, watched inappropriate contentography, blasphemed, experimented with drugs, done all sorts of things, and I find that increasingly the assurance of salvation I once had is getting weaker and weaker.

Have I blown it?
:) your on a journey into salvation..
Or to be more precise ..a journey to the door that leads to life.
Being Jesus.

But you haven't entered it yet.

No where does the bible state that to be saved you ask Jesus into your heart... Acknowledging your need of him is a start in the right direction.
But its not how to be saved.

Www.thelastreformation.com ...
Search....

Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
:) your on a journey into salvation..
Or to be more precise ..a journey to the door that leads to life.
Being Jesus.

But you haven't entered it yet.

No where does the bible state that to be saved you ask Jesus into your heart... Acknowledging your need of him is a start in the right direction.
But its not how to be saved.

Www.thelastreformation.com ...
Search....
I agree. that is an easy come easy go method of salvation. It is not how you start that is important, it is how you end that is important.

Being a disciple is much more important; keeping his commandments is much more important; dying to self is much more important; taking up your cross is much more important. All things that the church avoids in case it puts people off.

And finally, by this shall all men know you are my disciples by your love for one another. There ain't much of that about in the church.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. that is an easy come easy go method of salvation. It is not how you start that is important, it is how you end that is important.

Being a disciple is much more important; keeping his commandments is much more important; dying to self is much more important; taking up your cross is much more important. All things that the church avoids in case it puts people off.

And finally, by this shall all men know you are my disciples by your love for one another. There ain't much of that about in the church.
Add ..how do we know we love Him..we keep his word
Abide in him do as he says.
..repentance is changing our mind and forsaking our own way.then going God's way.
So if we don't repent and for sake dead works... Sin! Then we can't be saved.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well we aernt called to follow “your” church.
Certainly, it is a journey. Each day, we must choose to follow Christ, put Him first in our life, turn from sin (which to us means "missing the mark"), and follow His will over our own. By His Grace, may we stay the course and hold to the good race our entire lives, knowing what Christ has done for us. May we become more like Him and more united with Him every day.

We have a saying in my church - we were saved, we are being saved, and God willing, should we stay the course, we will be saved. It is a journey.

Upvote 0

Sea Horse

Aug 28, 2017
Kielce , Świętokrzyskie
✟8,647.00
Country
Belarus
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged

Have I blown it?

You can't lose it because it's not your duty to keep it .
It's God's duty to keep your salvation , your job is to trust him that he will do it .
If you told one lie you are just as bad as murderer James 2:10 because God can't have any at all sin in his presence .

Since you trust in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 it's done deal
John 10:28-29 , nobody can snatch out of God hand not even yourself.

Dubt of salation usually comes after you sin , which means that you understand what you did was bad and just grief Holy Spirit which is inside of you .

I recommend watching all of these short videos which will help you better than anybody who can write anything to you , check them out .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John states that if you continue to practice sin you don't know God.
You can't lose a salvation you have not yet obtained. And the manner to obtain it is clearly stated...it begins with repentance.
You can't lose it because it's not your duty to keep it .
It's God's duty to keep your salvation , your job is to trust him that he will do it .
If you told one lie you are just as bad as murderer James 2:10 because God can't have any at all sin in his presence .

Since you trust in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 it's done deal
John 10:28-29 , nobody can snatch out of God hand not even yourself.

Dubt of salation usually comes after you sin , which means that you understand what you did was bad and just grief Holy Spirit which is inside of you .

I recommend watching all of these short videos which will help you better than anybody who can write anything to you , check them out .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say anything about you following my church. I was speaking of salvation being a journey and the process where we become more like God. I wasn't limiting that to "my church".
Thought you did...“We have a saying in my church - ..

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Have I blown it?

Yes, you've blown it. Very badly, it seems. It appears from what you've described that you haven't really understood what it means to be saved and how to walk rightly with your Maker.

What is your understanding of the Gospel? What do you think it means to be saved, to be a disciple of Jesus?

My grandfather was a pastor for sixty years and he would say that the way to feel secure in your salvation is to obey God. That obedience starts with the First and Great Commandment, which isn't to read your Bible every day, or pray often, or go to church regularly, or devote your life to a Christian ministry. The First and Great Commandment, the one many professing Christians neglect, is to love God with all of your being. (Matthew 22:36-38) It's from obedience to this First and Great Commandment that all other obedience to God is supposed to flow.

In a discipleship class that I teach at my church, I asked the men if they loved God. They all quickly assured me that they did. So, I asked them to prove it. How, exactly, did they know that they loved God? Well, the responses were as follows: "I feel really grateful to Him for saving me," and "I live my life for Him," and "I try to do what He says I should do." I responded by asking the men if gratefulness and love were the same thing. They acknowledged that they weren't. I asked them if it was possible to live for God, to obey Him, from a motive that wasn't love. They admitted that it was possible. So, then, I asked them again, "How do you know you really love God?" They started to fumble for answers and finally fell silent. It had became clear to them that their claim of loving God was a murky sort of claim that needed much better grounding in their lives than they had for it.

Let me ask you the same question: Do you love God? If so, how do you know you love Him?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m in a similar situation man. Message me!
When I was 22 I quit smoking, drinking alcohol, drugs and fornication.

Drugs are an expensive waste of time and money, they ruin one's health, resulted in hallucinations and have been shown to cause brain damage. Drinking excess alcoholic beverages smashed cars and made men stagger. Chronic drunks went into delirium tremens and reported seeing pink elephants. Their thoughts were racing and could not slow down. One woke up from a night of drinking in a worse situation than the day before. Chronic drunkenness sometimes resulted in pancreatitis requiring insulin for life. Fornication sometimes resulted in illegitimate children being born, failed attempts at marriage and court ordered child support payments. It also spread sexually transmitted diseases especially to women who may be more susceptible to them. Men have been arrested for spreading AIDS to partners of both sexes. One form of hepatitis increased risk of deadly cancer. These diseases drove up medical care costs.

If you will give your life to the Lord, you will improve your behavior and health.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Have I blown it?
No.
John 3:16
Have faith in God, not in yourself.
Don't give up on it, even when things look bleak.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HI BEN

I came to christ about 30 years ago along with some of my close friends.

We came from some pretty tough backgrounds and faced similar issues to what you are experiencing. Breaking the old way of life and going forward is HARD work. You are at a crossroads and have choices to make. you need good advice and you need to ACT with all your strength on that advice and not procastinate. Consider the 40 year wanderings of Isreal in the Desert when they should have been living in the promised land. Many a christian , including myself, have experienced the wilderness years - no direction, no growth, no movement and not much fun.

The good News is that strong swords are forged in the smelting furnace of hardship. The desert is a training ground of many a mighty man of God.

TOP TIPS
Forums like these are great but DO Take your Questions and problems to god in prayer.
There is no better teacher of Spiritual things than God himself.
too much academic study wearies the body - ease off
Make PLANS AND GOALS for your life. Where do you want to be in 5 years. Make it happen. ( Self help books a must )
Identify your personal weaknesses ( social skills, etc ) and work on them - LOTS !!!
Get some good friends around you - people who will take you forward. ( Spiritually, Career, Social Life )
Avoid Avoid Avoid - the wrong crowd. choose wrong here and You will lose time like sand slipping through fingers.
Not all problems are spiritual issues - build yourself up in God AND Build up your own skill set for your own needs.
Less Computer Screen time my friend and more people involvement.

Too much information is overload. you'll never be able to PRIORITISE what you need to do. It's not what you know - it's what you do with what you know. Get Started and run the race keeping your eyes on Jesus all the time.

God Bless

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello!

It's not your salvation, it's God's salvation given to you by grace, not by works. So no you cannot loose it.

But it's good that your sin bothers you, that is a sign of the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit. Co-operate with the Holy Spirit and month on month you will be going forward into a better place. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

tniles408

Aug 29, 2018
ALTON
✟12,591.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m in a similar situation man. Message me!
Hey Jimmy, I want you to read this carefully. THE FACT THAT YOU CARE MEANS THAT YOUR HEART IS PURE AND YOU ARE BORN AGAIN! IF YOU WERE REALLY AS WICKED AND LOST AS THE DEVIL WAS TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU, YOU WOULDN'T CARE!!! THINK ABOUT IT! THE ONLY REASON YOU CAN FEEL SO TERRIBLE IS BECAUSE YOUR HEART IS SO GOOD! HE GAVE YOU A NEW HEART IT SAYS IN EZEKIEL! I could say s lot more, message me if you have questions.

Upvote 0

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
im not sure I agree, if OSAS is not true, and someone has lost salvation, how can they possibly be re saved?

By FINISHING WELL. You say above that you have experimented with drugs in the last four years, that pretty much tells me you are a young person. If you are a young person, then the end of your life could be 50 or more years away. Concentrate, not on these past four years (the past), but on MAKING SPIRITUAL PROGRESS so that at the end of your life, you can truly say, "At least I finished well!"

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2018
Beijing
✟10,703.00
Country
China
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brother, I feel you because I have been through some of it myself. Though I've never used drugs of any kind even before I believed, I did struggle with inappropriate contentography in the past and even now I do struggle at a moderate level with a foot / shoe fetish. It's especially hard for a male in his twenties who has been single for a couple of years already. I also struggle with some anger issues and wrath due to coming from a difficult background and my general sense of upset with many things in the world. It still takes a conscious effort for me to rein in my anger / frustration and the words I use when it comes to many situations, but I am making an effort to be more gentle and like Christ under His guidance and wisdom. I am gradually learning to not do / say to others what I'd not done / said to me, but a lot of times it is still extremely difficult for me considering how my mum and the relatives on her side, whom I grew up with, are such dysfunctional, vain, abusive people. There are still passages I really struggle with, such as submission to earthly governing authorities. Before I became a Christian, and even for the last couple of years, I've still looked at astrology (I went deeper into it than most people, not just your daily horoscope but into people's birth charts, planets, aspects, asteroids etc.) and Chinese fortune telling / feng shui. However, now I pray to God to keep me away from those evil temptations of the Devil because they are not good and true.

The actual me, in a number of ways, disproves what my natal chart says about me. My moon is in the 2nd house, which means I have an emotional attachment to money and material things. That's not true, I am emotionally attached to people, to some places etc. but it's not the things themselves that I'm attached to. I have Jupiter in Capricorn, which is supposed to make me extremely business-oriented and with good fortune when it comes to the business world. I'm the exact opposite of that. I have absolutely no interest in the modern corporate world that reflects some of the worst kinds of sins and human nature, and I'm just way too simple and straightforward of a person to make the cut. Venus in Gemini is supposed to be a mark of infidelity due to restlessness, and I admit that in the past I was not fully committed to the two women who were into me (though they were unbelievers), but now, looking back, I had insecurities and uncertainties back then that made me unable to commit. I don't know if age was also a factor but God has definitely guided me through these last couple of years that have been quite difficult but I firmly know I've become a better person because of everything. After all, God made me to be different from the bad influences I grew up with, it was His will and His plan when He made me. Sometimes I still find it difficult resisting these temptations to search for 'quick fix' explanations for fate / destiny outside of God, but upon a deeper look these practices of a clairvoyant nature all prey on fear of uncertainty that leads one who is weak in spirit to adopt their practices and deviate from the True path. In your case, drugs serve the same effect by giving illusions of joy for certain periods of time, but why go after these brief 'stimulants' when you can pursue a much more powerful and ultimately much more affirming way of life?

There were times when I had started deviating from God in my life, where I tried to believe that I can be happy and self-sufficient without Him. I even looked into Buddhism and Daoism, and it is with an uneasiness that I admit I had briefly considered adopting Buddhism, perhaps Daoism (I do come from a Chinese heritage). However, even as I was investigating those faiths, it became clear to me that God was with me all the way, and when it came to Buddhism there were a series of stumbling blocks that, when my investigation ended, led me to the conclusion that I could not accept it with my heart and my mind after all. It was God's way of telling me that while I had the free will to investigate, He was making it clear to my conscience that He would always be the Greatest and the Best, that there would be no salvation and ultimate peace found in any other path.

So, brother, the fact that you are wondering and worried means you have not deviated too far. I pray, as I am typing these words, that you will be back on the right path with God, that may God give you His wisdom, may God give you health, peace, and the will to become stronger and be liberated from these temptations. Amen. To give you a bit of hope, I have not viewed anything vulgarly inappropriate contentographic for almost two years, though I still get the temptation to watch femdom / foot fetish at times. I pray to God to guide me towards healthy sexuality as He intends for it to be, so I can love my wife without any distraction, to be with her with all of my heart, mind, and soul.

Upvote 0