Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I invited Jesus into my life 4 years ago. and since then although I have begun to sin less, I have in those 4 years fornicated, watched inappropriate contentography, blasphemed, experimented with drugs, done all sorts of things, and I find that increasingly the assurance of salvation I once had is getting weaker and weaker.

I also find that I can sense Gods presence less and less

Have I blown it?
Yes, there is sin that leads to death and these are among them. But God is eager for you to turn back to him. Confess, then go and sin no more.

• Friendly
Reactions: Waggles
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I invited Jesus into my life 4 years ago. and since then although I have begun to sin less, I have in those 4 years fornicated, watched inappropriate contentography, blasphemed, experimented with drugs, done all sorts of things, and I find that increasingly the assurance of salvation I once had is getting weaker and weaker.

Have I blown it?

Since salvation is of the Lord it's impossible to lose it. Salvation is something that Jesus does to us, for us, and through us. If our salvation is lost then it is he who has failed - which is impossible.

Through our own sin and rebellion it is only possible to damage the assurance of our salvation. But all who are truly saved will recognize and repent of sin. The flesh will only be mortified kicking and screaming and much sin and imperfection will remain in our lives until the very end.

You should confess and repent of all the sin that you're aware of and turn to the Lord who has not and will never abandon you.

Reactions: byhisgrace7
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
im not sure I agree, if OSAS is not true, and someone has lost salvation, how can they possibly be re saved
It's a journey (Hebrews 12:1, 2 Timothy 4:7). :) If they haven't died, then there is still hope that they will turn their life around. God is always there ready to accept those who return to faith (like the prodigal son).

• Agree
Reactions: Big Drew
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ben, it doesn't matter what you've done. It matters what you do now. God was always calling His people back to repentance, and that is an example for us. Don't let man's theology tie you up in knots. Even if you blew it, that doesn't mean you lost your salvation. It ain't over until the last trumpet blows, or something like that. God takes the long view, while our emotions go up and down daily or hourly.

It is natural to lose assurance when you are planting bad seed. You need to go to the Lord and ask for help in making changes. But this is also a time where you must put increased emphasis on the Word, over against feelings. The Word says He wants no one to perish, and that all who come to Him will receive life, and that He will cast no one away. Don't let the devil's lies keep you from helping yourself by believing the promises. It all rests on Christ's completed works, not on our miserable performance. Get into the Word, get into prayer. And start confessing your confidence in God's ability to save and deliver. Stand still and see the salvation of God. He will do it, but you must be patient and persistent.

Upvote 0

Jeff4607

Mar 26, 2017
USA
✟11,574.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Have I blown it?

Upvote 0

Jeff4607

Mar 26, 2017
USA
✟11,574.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Have I blown it?

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I learnt something today. OSAS means Once Saved Always Saved. And some Christians think that if they are saved, they don't have to monitor their behaviour after that. They can live a life that is polar opposite to what Jesus taught in the Gospels.
Which makes me think I am not in a hurry to be saved in the Protestant sense. What? So I can relax, put my feet up and wait for Heaven to arrive.
To the OP. I've answered your other threads. But don't feel it is too late now. No I didn't mean that at all. It is not too late to turn your life around. Be sincere about trying to change your behaviour. God will notice that sincerity. He will notice sincere repentance. How much do you want to turn your life around? Do you need to reach rock bottom? Well hopefully not. We can all pray for you here. Stay on CF for a while and you might get some encouragement.

Upvote 0

Honoluluwindow

Sep 2, 2016
Hawaii
✟17,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Have I blown it?

You accepted Christ's invitation, not invited Christ into your life.

You did that by believing that Christ died was buried and rose again in your place as a substitution for the penalty of sin.
This act of His was not because God was big hearted enough to forgive you, it was because there was a debt needing to be paid, a debt that you and I could never pay, and the outworking of God's love is now seen in the fact that you were totally forgiven past, present and future.

You can not lose salvation but you can lose the assurance of it in that you begin to question if you're really saved.

Let's put it this way brother, has the payment of the blood of Jesus now been rendered insufficient funds for your sin?

Is there anything that would ever have the power to render the blood of Christ worthless and powerless to pay the required fee for sin?

If you lost your salvation then Christ's blood never paid for your sin to begin with.

You need to re learn these basic foundations of faith about forgiveness thru payment or better propitiation. Learn it and grow and move on to deeper bible studies that will bring you into spiritual maturity.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Have I blown it?
Your actions indicate you are not on the straight and narrow path that leads to salvation. Whether or not you can do better is up to you.

It is better if one would never try illegal narcotics. Young people from middle class and wealthy families are overdosing and dying on drugs. Not a glorious death, to be sure.

Those who fornicate are less likely to form happy marriages.

God knows what works and gave commandments through Jesus and his disciples. Even the Old Testament may provide some helpful hints.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeff4607

Mar 26, 2017
USA
✟11,574.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if you've blown it or not, but I can tell you from experience, that where you are know is not a good place. If you are born again of the spirit then you have what it takes to overcome. You better get serious and put those things away and clean your house. Then pray for the fullness of the spirit, and this time repent. Don't repeat. Make no previsions for the flesh. If He thinks you are sincere, you will know He is near.
If you have not had a conversion, then repent, "not repeat", And pray until you are forgiven.
Let me know how it goes.

Upvote 0

david.d

Oct 19, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
Visit site
✟27,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Have I blown it?
I believe Satan attacks new Christians, just as he tempted Jesus before the cross. He wants to wiggle his way in there and deceive you, distract you from the walk with the Lord. I've seen many people go through it and I did as well. You haven't lost anything other than time. Repent, pray, grow closer to God, turn away from the things of this world that you really don't need and a part of you doesn't even want. I heard an Elder say once that feeling low in spirit is how you know the Spirit has been with you and is still. It's evidence and God trying to tell you something.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Honoluluwindow

Sep 2, 2016
Hawaii
✟17,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As for the inappropriate contentography problem. Get over it and get back in line. No matter how many times you fail, get over it and get back in line. My flesh has the potential to spend time watching naked women all day long but it isn't who I am. I have decided to believe God who said it is no longer me that does the lusting but sin that is glued to my flesh. I have learned that the first step in freeing myself from lust was to no longer allow the enemy to point at me. Sure the evil one can point at my flesh all day and any day and rightly point out that it is death to God because there is no righteousness in our flesh. That's why we now are newborn human spirits that have the most power being in the universe living in us - the Holy Spirit.

If you don't do this (separate your identity from your sin nature) then you according to scripture can not please God. Because without faith it is impossible to please Him.

Our daily formula as believers is as follows; Wake up in the morning and walk in our newborn human spirit. By doing this we will exhibit the fruit of the spirit to those around us. When trials come or attacks come we sometimes get weak and act out according to our old nature the flesh producing the fruit of the flesh like lust. As we go to bed at night we confess to God the times during our day where we did not allow our will to be controlled by our newborn human spirit but lapsed into the flesh getting control of us. First John says if we confess this that God will not only forgive it but will forgive is of all things done that day, even those things we forgot about.

That is what I mean by get over it and get back in line. We may feel as if we are pure and complete hypocrites by habitually sinning but that's okay because we are that at least our flesh is that! But we must identify ourselves as God identifies us as complete in Him and already living our eternal lives.

Don't worry, you are already capable of breaking the inappropriate content problem, it's a matter of the mind, the battle of this world is over the control of our minds. Resist the guilt trip laid out by the satanic forces and trust in the love of Messiah.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
im not sure I agree, if OSAS is not true, and someone has lost salvation, how can they possibly be re saved

here's the difference, and it's the difference between loosing your way (going astray) and defiantly rejecting God.

In the first instance,(going astray) that happens because we are enticed away from God
by satan and his lures.
In other words, we leave the safety of a green pasture where the Lord has placed us in search of something that looks interesting, or desirable, or feels good. Sound familiar?

When that happens the Lord lets us choose our own way until such a time as we realize that where we are isn't as nice as what we left. In other words, we're lost. We're really lost.

But that's not the end of the story.

That's where Jesus, the Good Shepherd comes looking for us.
Yes, He wades right into the muck that is our lives, takes us across His shoulders,
and walks out of that mess.

But it doesn't end there, because we still have to learn to stay close to Him and not wander off again.
So to prevent that, Jesus hobbles the legs of the lamb , (the Bible uses the word "brake") to indicate that the free use of the legs is stopped, just like a brake pedal stops the forward progress of the tires.
Then Jesus pus the lamb across His shoulders so that everywhere Jesus goes, the lamb goes with Him.

Eventually when the lamb learns to stop fighting and to willingly stick close to the Shepherd,
the brake is removed so that the lamb can walk around freely.

It is because the Shepherd goes after the lamb and brings it back to the fold that we know that salvation isn't lost in that case.
Where it is lost is when someone (like Judas for example) deliberately rejects God and is not afterwards sorrowful and repentant for the deed.
Judas not only rejected Jesus, but he also rejected the way that God had provided for Judas to repent and receive forgiveness.

That's a double loss, just like satan's own rebellion is a double loss.
That's why Judas as called the Son of Perdition.

The other way to be condemned is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, which cannot be forgiven because it's the Holy Spirit that interfaces between us and God so that we can know what is right.
Essentially that's like tearing up the instruction booklet before assembling the Christmas toys.
With no guidance, there is no way to know what to do or which part goes where.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Honoluluwindow

Sep 2, 2016
Hawaii
✟17,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
here's the difference, and it's the difference between loosing your way (going astray) and defiantly rejecting God.

In the first instance,(going astray) that happens because we are enticed away from God
by satan and his lures.
In other words, we leave the safety of a green pasture where the Lord has placed us in search of something that looks interesting, or desirable, or feels good. Sound familiar?

When that happens the Lord lets us choose our own way until such a time as we realize that where we are isn't as nice as what we left. In other words, we're lost. We're really lost.

But that's not the end of the story.

That's where Jesus, the Good Shepherd comes looking for us.
Yes, He wades right into the muck that is our lives, takes us across His shoulders,
and walks out of that mess.

But it doesn't end there, because we still have to learn to stay close to Him and not wander off again.
So to prevent that, Jesus hobbles the legs of the lamb , (the Bible uses the word "brake") to indicate that the free use of the legs is stopped, just like a brake pedal stops the forward progress of the tires.
Then Jesus pus the lamb across His shoulders so that everywhere Jesus goes, the lamb goes with Him.

Eventually when the lamb learns to stop fighting and to willingly stick close to the Shepherd,
the brake is removed so that the lamb can walk around freely.

It is because the Shepherd goes after the lamb and brings it back to the fold that we know that salvation isn't lost in that case.
Where it is lost is when someone (like Judas for example) deliberately rejects God and is not afterwards sorrowful and repentant for the deed.
Judas not only rejected Jesus, but he also rejected the way that God had provided for Judas to repent and receive forgiveness.

That's a double loss, just like satan's own rebellion is a double loss.
That's why Judas as called the Son of Perdition.

The other way to be condemned is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, which cannot be forgiven because it's the Holy Spirit that interfaces between us and God so that we can know what is right.
Essentially that's like tearing up the instruction booklet before assembling the Christmas toys.
With no guidance, there is no way to know what to do or which part goes where.
Amen

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope. According to Romans 8:38
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.

I am a believer in once saved, always saved. There are definitely some who would argue with that. But personally, I believe we are all sinners, all the time. What Christ did for us on the cross saves us from all our sin in the past, the present AND THE FUTURE.

Find a good fellowship and keep on keeping on, dude.
I used to believe in once saved always saved. While I still do, I think it needs to be refined. As most people say it today as more of a vague cliche.

However:

Matthew 7:21 - Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many a]">[a]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.

Why would one say "Lord, Lord" UNLESS one recognized Him as savior?

Luke 6:46 - Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

True, none are EVER perfect. However there is a difference between willfully accepting sin under the deception of it being "okay" because we will never be perfect. We, no matter HOW far our walk with the Lord will stumble into sin, even daily. It is why we need to pick up our cross and follow Christ daily.

I DONT believe that one simply prays the prayer and they are saved even while they continue to walk in rebellion to the Spirit they claim.

That is NOT to say that the OP has "blown it" in my belief, we only "blow it" when we stop persuing him (Or as the Bible says "Keep fighting the good fight".

I think I best saw it once put "Obedience is not an act of salvation, simply a byproduct of it." Meaning that we aren't obedient because we are "good" and deserve salvation. Simply because we have a relationship to Christ and as with any friend or loved one..... you aren't going to actively continue to seek ways of doing wrong to them (Sinning against our God) again, obedience isn't a sign of perfection as even the most devoted sins more than once a day. Whether it be the eyes, the tongue, the mind or even the heart..... there is sin waiting to happen in all of us. If there werent then one would be able to claim their own "goodness" saves them.

Again, the fact that the OP has stated they worry about their salvation shows that God has not hardened their heart and they have not yet "blown it"........ but that doesn't mean that there wont come a day where they DO blow it and God hands them over to their sin and allows their heart to be hardened.

I believe once saved always saved is true.... as long as one is TRULY walking with and in relationship with Jesus. I believe however that the "vague" once saved always saved message is a dangerous one if it neglects to mention that sin needs to be dealt with in the heart. Yes, if one can lose their salvation it lacks peace, but then IF Jesus died so that one could say a prayer and then continue to live like the devil (As we all do by nature of the flesh) then why not go that one extra tiny step and make it so that ALL are saved.... not just die so that all "MIGHT" be saved?

The simple truth is, its NOT about the legalistic view of God we should focus on but relationship to Christ.... even the devil knows the Bible so simply knowing isn't going to cut it. If you have relationship, true relationship to Christ.... He will not see you as lukewarm and spit you out. Revelation 3:16.

Nor will He say "Depart from me I never knew you". Because YOU will belong to Him and then as you stated: Romans 8:38.

Im not saying you are wrong, God knows my views were EXACTLY as yours were before this year...... but I have had my eyes opened with scripture and I say this as more food for thought rather than to force my beliefs on you or anyone else. All any of us can do is listen to the Spirit of He who is in us to reveal truths to us in time.

I too was also as the OP and sinning, willfully for many years so I claim no judgement on him.(Fornication, theft, drugs both selling and using......)

I say what I say out of love and not judgement so those that read it may think about what they truly believe and not just believe in as I have heard it said "Hyper grace" that makes clean those that willfully continue in their sin. (IE - "I want to lust after this or that person.... its okay cause Im only human." Instead of "Lord, Im sorry I had feelings of lust in my weak flesh." (Not a great example, but I think you can get the difference between the two. One sees what they did in weakness is wrong..... the other is rebellious and says in their actions "sin is okay". When God clearly states.... it isn't. )

Again OP I don't believe that you have "blown it" but I DO think you should humble yourself and take your sins to the Father so He can forgive you. It's NOT an easy struggle, but I truly believe that it IS worth it. Our flesh is but dust, our pleasures only temporary. It really comes down to, do you want the things of the flesh or the things of God? Its not easy to deny our own wicked flesh, but I DO believe it is how we hear and find relation in Christ, even in our stumbling into sin, our heart still remains on Him and not that of our flesh.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I forgot to say to the OP. Thanks for being open and honest about your sins. That takes courage and transparency. It indicates to me that there is huge potential in you as a Christian bound for eternity with the Lord.

• Friendly
Upvote 0