Hastings
✟35,657.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I invited Jesus into my life 4 years ago. and since then although I have begun to sin less, I have in those 4 years fornicated, watched inappropriate contentography, blasphemed, experimented with drugs, done all sorts of things, and I find that increasingly the assurance of salvation I once had is getting weaker and weaker.

I also find that I can sense Gods presence less and less

Have I blown it?

Dawney Glenn

Apr 26, 2017
Nunya
✟231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nope. According to Romans 8:38
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.

I am a believer in once saved, always saved. There are definitely some who would argue with that. But personally, I believe we are all sinners, all the time. What Christ did for us on the cross saves us from all our sin in the past, the present AND THE FUTURE.

Find a good fellowship and keep on keeping on, dude.

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I invited Jesus into my life 4 years ago. and since then although I have begun to sin less, I have in those 4 years fornicated, watched inappropriate contentography, blasphemed, experimented with drugs, done all sorts of things, and I find that increasingly the assurance of salvation I once had is getting weaker and weaker.

Have I blown it?
Welcome to CF, Ben :wave:
Keep praying and confessing.
The Christian life is a marathon, not a sprint.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." ~ 1 John 9

• Agree
Reactions: Biblical Bird
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Have I blown it?

Not necessarily.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I take it your not a believer in once saved always saved? :p
It doesn't really matter. If OSAS is true, then you are not without hope. If it isn't, you still are not without hope. ;)

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The fact that you recognize your spiritual situation should give you great hope. The Lord is very gracious and merciful. I point to the story of the prodigal son to show that He is always waiting for us to stop being stubborn in our own ways and return to Him.

God bless you, brother! :)

• Winner
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Ben Collyer

Apr 26, 2017
Hastings
✟35,657.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't really matter. If OSAS is true, then you are not without hope. If it isn't, you still are not without hope. ;)

im not sure I agree, if OSAS is not true, and someone has lost salvation, how can they possibly be re saved

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Have I blown it?

Throughout the Bible, God had the consistent message of wanting His people to repent and turn back to obedience to Him, and many of those people have no doubt done worse things than you have. David committed adultery and had someone killed, but he was always quick to repent, so if you continue to practice repentance, then you have nothing to worry about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Have I blown it?
We do sense Gods presence less and less the more we sin. However:
But my righteous one will live by faith.
And if he shrinks back I will not be pleased with him.
But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved
Heb10:38&39

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
im not sure I agree, if OSAS is not true, and someone has lost salvation, how can they possibly be re saved
If we have free will, we are capable of turning from our sins at any time and seeking God's forgiveness. He has promised that he will receive the sincere penitent.

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

If you had lost your salvation, brother, you would not even care to question whether or not your salvation still stands. That you DO care shows you are not too far gone, come closer to God and He will come closer to you. I believe we have all had times of rebellion (I know I have - blatant in-your-face rebellion) but as long as you have the conscience of understanding your plight, you have not blown it. He is waiting for you to return to Him, and may I advise you do so before your heart becomes hardened beyond caring.

God bless!

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As long as you trying to fix you issues then your doing ok. No one is without issues.

With that said OSAS is a lie from the devil. Because if OSAS were true then I could go become a serial killer and still go to heaven. I do believe you can lose your salvation if you totally walk away from God. Like you become an atheist and have nothing to do with Christianity. Of course it doesn't mean you can't come back to God. When you come back your salvation is there again.

Like a few things in life, people prefer to hear OSAS is true because its makes them feel better. Just like people pretend there is a place in heaven for pets. Its to hard to accept they die and we don't see them again. So some people create a lie in their head that they can accept. Like all animals go to heaven because of <insert reason>. So same with salvation. If they tell themselves you are always saved it makes them feel better about someone they know whos walked away from God.

Now could I be wrong? Well if I am then thats great for those who walked away from God totally. But if I am not wrong then many Christians are going to be disappointed when they die. After all the bible says many (christians) will stand before Him and He will say "Go away, I do not know you!". Why would He say that unless it means not all that are saved will make it.

Like my mom for example, she is saved. BUT.... shes not really changed at all. If anything alot of what she does has gotten worse. If you were to see her life behind closed doors you wouldn't think she was a christian. Am I questioning her salvation per say? Well no. I am questioning OSAS and how people act. Only God knows if she is saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,150.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. - 1 John 5:4

You need to develop your faith. You have the faith of the mustard seed, or you would not be here. And I believe that the Holy Spirit is creating the hunger within you for help. Joseph Prince was totally foriegn to Christianity being born the son of a Sikh priest of Indian origin and a Chinese mother. I have heard him say that he has "cut his teeth" on Word of Faith doctrine. I would learn faith, speak faith, and avoid anything not of faith. When the faith is developed you will be strong.

Upvote 0

GabrielTheWorshipper

I'm a nerdy guy... lol
Site Supporter
Apr 20, 2017
Indiana
✟54,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, Ben! It's nice to meet you. I understand what you're going through. I have fallen into similar thoughts before in my life, but one truth that has kept me on my feet is that God does not allow us to lose our salvation. If you care so much about God and are afraid about this, then chances are you love him and care to live for him, which probably means you're one of his!

John 8:31
(KJV)
"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;"

I do not believe in losing salvation, but that does not mean everyone is saved either. God promises us that we are his disciples currently "if we continue." I believe those who are saved right now in our present time will continue. If you continue in God's ways and live a Godly life, regardless of what sins were committed here and there along the way, you were one of his. Salvation is not something that we must do works to hold onto. But those who have TRUE salvation will produce good works! We might witness, be loving toward others, be charitable, etc.

James 2:18 (KJV)
"Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works."

True faith produces good works.

And about the loving others and being kind, having the right attitude, etc. Check out these verses about charity (love.)

1 Corinthians 13:1-4
"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal."

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."

"And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing."

"Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,"

I will be praying for you, Ben! I hope the very best for you and your walk with Christ! I hope you keep these things in mind and continue to live for God! I also have sinned plenty and done wrongs, but we must repent from those things and try our best to live for God. :) I would love to talk with you more!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Have I blown it?

Hi Ben,

Personally, I wouldn't say that you're in a good spot, but neither would I say that you've 'lost it,' unless you have decided to completely chuck the whole faith thing out the window and make your life devoid of it for the rest of your years.

I'm guessing that Christ still means something to you, correct?

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Waggles
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As long as you trying to fix you issues then your doing ok. No one is without issues.

With that said OSAS is a lie from the devil. Because if OSAS were true then I could go become a serial killer and still go to heaven.
Not without repenting of those sins. And if a sinner does repent, wouldn't fans of freewill also say that they can be saved?

Like a few things in life, people prefer to hear OSAS is true because its makes them feel better. Just like people pretend there is a place in heaven for pets.
I don't see how that's so, since if someone lives a deliberately sinful life, he's essentially proving that he is NOT among the saved.

So same with salvation. If they tell themselves you are always saved it makes them feel better about someone they know whos walked away from God.
Why would that comfort anyone? Oh yes, its because some folks assume that OSAS is a license to sin since salvation is in the bag. Well, that shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the principle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0