Have I let down God by not keeping her close to the Lord?

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You may have seen my other post I made, though I am doing better now.

This post is about my wife. Because we haven't been to a service in a year+ because of COVID, I think we have gotten complacent with not making service. Even the online ones. Mind you she works third shift so we are asleep during the morning/afternoon. There are times when I want to watch (I have major memory issues from a brain injury) the previous sundays service online, but she either doesn't feel good or is busy on her phone trying to talk with her friends from her home country.

On top of that we don't pray like we used to, or even pray by ourselves as much because of the stress of life. Well I am assuming she doesn't pray, I don't ever see her do it anymore. Unless he prays to herself silently. She doesn't do her devotion anymore either. I still try to do mine everyday, though again I forget things often. And I try to pray every night before bed.

What makes this a bigger deal to me is she's a pastor's daughter. Her love of the Lord is part of the reason I fell in love. When I was in her country 8 years ago, we prayer together, went to service (well they lived next to the church, no excuses lol), read together...etc.

And when she came here a year later we prayed together (not every day) and we would read the devotions. We went to church...etc. I feel like I failed her since as the husband it is my duty to keep her close to God. She's stressed alot of times because she's had a hard time adapting to America. And with financial issues now and my dad very sick, she seems distant from God.

I do know, as I said in the other post, COVID takes a big role in all this. But I really want us to at least watch service together. Even if we watch last Sundays on a Saturday night. We do have a couples bible which also has its own devotional. Aside from memory issues I also have anxiety at times, so I get anxious about asking her things.

She's a wonderful woman and I'd marry her again if I could turn back time. I just feel bad. And her mother doesn't even know any of this. I know she would be disappointed. I could tell her mother whats going on, but I know her mother would scold her. Which may be needed. But I feel it's my responsibility to keep her relationship with God better.

Jesusfann777888

Mar 28, 2021
manhattan
✟18,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

This post is about my wife. Because we haven't been to a service in a year+ because of COVID, I think we have gotten complacent with not making service. Even the online ones. Mind you she works third shift so we are asleep during the morning/afternoon. There are times when I want to watch (I have major memory issues from a brain injury) the previous sundays service online, but she either doesn't feel good or is busy on her phone trying to talk with her friends from her home country.

On top of that we don't pray like we used to, or even pray by ourselves as much because of the stress of life. Well I am assuming she doesn't pray, I don't ever see her do it anymore. Unless he prays to herself silently. She doesn't do her devotion anymore either. I still try to do mine everyday, though again I forget things often. And I try to pray every night before bed.

What makes this a bigger deal to me is she's a pastor's daughter. Her love of the Lord is part of the reason I fell in love. When I was in her country 8 years ago, we prayer together, went to service (well they lived next to the church, no excuses lol), read together...etc.

And when she came here a year later we prayed together (not every day) and we would read the devotions. We went to church...etc. I feel like I failed her since as the husband it is my duty to keep her close to God. She's stressed alot of times because she's had a hard time adapting to America. And with financial issues now and my dad very sick, she seems distant from God.

I do know, as I said in the other post, COVID takes a big role in all this. But I really want us to at least watch service together. Even if we watch last Sundays on a Saturday night. We do have a couples bible which also has its own devotional. Aside from memory issues I also have anxiety at times, so I get anxious about asking her things.

She's a wonderful woman and I'd marry her again if I could turn back time. I just feel bad. And her mother doesn't even know any of this. I know she would be disappointed. I could tell her mother whats going on, but I know her mother would scold her. Which may be needed. But I feel it's my responsibility to keep her relationship with God better.
Rather than viewing it as if GOD is angry with you, take time to consider that drifting away into a place where you are no longer reading or praying with your wife leave's you both vulnerable to the adversary.

the demon satan neither sleeps nor slumbers on its plan to wreak havoc as one who seeks to kill and destroy so ANY TIME APART from Jesus Christ The God Of Creation is going to damage your relationship with God and sin lieth at the door waiting to strike.

I have come to the conclusion that spirit's are responsible for a large majority of what people feel and Biblically Speaking, It Say'S Where The Spirit Of The Lord Is, there IS LIBERTY AND JOY, so you have to ask yourself whether or not there are spirit's that have taken the opportunity to lull you into complacency and to seek after diver lust's. evil spirit's are cowardinated and they seek whom they can destroy. You Should Always Focus on Jesus Christ more than anything else and live a godly LifeStyle.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Mind you she works third shift so we are asleep during the morning/afternoon.

I spent years working that shift! It makes church attendance very difficult at least if you have problems sleeping. I know from experience I had to guard my prime sleeping hours. I had to sleep from about an hour after I got home and had something to eat into the very early afternoon.

And I had more church attendance options than what most Protestants would have...

And with Covid screwing everything up..... I would not blame yourself.

I actually had something similar happen to my wife when I was still married, but she worked a traditional Monday- Friday 9-5 schedule. After I got my grave shift job and we get married her church attendance tanked. She had some problems like migraines to deal with, but a lot of that was since I was no longer going there was a little less incentive to go. But she had friends in church, and many of the Egyptian Orthodox ladies really went out of their way to adopt her, taking her out for dinner or lunch a dozen times or so in a few years. I was never asked out like that, even though one guy I know was thinking about having me over to his house for diner but it never materialized.

Anyway people need to learn to do this stuff for themselves because we all have an eternal destiny that needs to be looked out for and that when we become adults is our own responsibility.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NomNomPizza

Feb 23, 2021
Warsaw
✟14,265.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

when David was stressed he prayed more
kinda lame excuses you come to us with like you alredy made your mind but try to find excuse and acceptance from us ? why ?

You know best yourself
I'd still check her phone when she will be sleeping cuz what u described is usually how affair start

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But I feel it's my responsibility to keep her relationship with God better.

As a man, as a husband you have the role of being the leader in your marriage.

You have practical issues with attending church as well as spiritual and physical ones.

Your first step is to talk to her.
To admit that you are failing as being the spiritual leader and ask her for her thoughts on how things can be improved.

Suggestions:-
Find a time surfing the day when you can both sit down and watch an online recorded service, do a quite time together, to even just talk to each other.

Are there any online services from her home church? Could you watch that?

Set a timer on your mobile phone to remind you to spend time reading the Bible. To watch the live on line Sunday service.

Could your wife listen to recorded services while at work?

On a practical issue go over your finances together to we if you are wasting cashanywhere.
Look for additional work for your self.

Upvote 0