Indianapolis
✟25,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I’ve been a Christian my whole life and at 16 it became my own. I loved Jesus I listened to the Holy Spirit and he guided me. Scriptures were opened up to me and I understood.

At 17 I slowly started falling into sexual sin. I was homeschooled and never really got exposed to anything so I went off the deep end. I wasn’t having sex but I was doing things like, sending/receiving nude pictures, sometimes meeting up with girls and making out and other sexual things. There were many times I would repent and ask for forgiveness because I knew it was wrong.

At a point I got super depressed and only was happy if I filled my addiction. I eventually doubted god’s existence and felt lost. After a few months I started listening to Christian apologists and my faith slowly started to come back and finally I was confident in the truth. I still struggled with sin but I realized I didn’t feel as bad after doing it.

I knew on an intellectual level it’s wrong but I didn’t feel the strong urges from the spirit like I used to. Either I have pushed out the Holy Spirit too much to where he left or I just need to spend time with God and he will start showing me how to live a righteous life. I got out of a relationship earlier this year because we were sexually active and I knew it was wrong. I’ve had two slip ups with someone else but never went very far. For a month I’ve been clean of everything except looked up inappropriate content once. I’ve determined to kick EVERY willful sin that I know of. I’m searching for god and I’m scared it’s too late. When Jesus talks about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit in the 3 gospels it sounds like he’s saying if you attribute the work of the Holy Spirit to satan when you know that’s a lie then that’s blasphemy. But so many people think it can also be just a continual rejection of the Holy Spirit speaking to you. My dad is adamant that’s it’s only speaking evil of the Holy Spirit but it’s hard for me to know for sure. I’ve talked with a lot of people including my pastor and some think it’s completely and continually rejecting the Holy Spirit until it’s too late but they don’t think I’ve gone that far.

Honestly I’m scared I have though and I don’t know what to do. I don’t believe OSAS is biblical to be honest and I’ve studied it a lot. I know for a fact I was saved though. I don’t know if something like the prodigal son is for me or if Jesus just meant that for people who were never saved. Also I’m 24 now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’ve been a Christian my whole life and at 16 it became my own. I loved Jesus I listened to the Holy Spirit and he guided me. Scriptures were opened up to me and I understood.

At 17 I slowly started falling into sexual sin. I was homeschooled and never really got exposed to anything so I went off the deep end. I wasn’t having sex but I was doing things like, sending/receiving nude pictures, sometimes meeting up with girls and making out and other sexual things. There were many times I would repent and ask for forgiveness because I knew it was wrong.

At a point I got super depressed and only was happy if I filled my addiction. I eventually doubted god’s existence and felt lost. After a few months I started listening to Christian apologists and my faith slowly started to come back and finally I was confident in the truth. I still struggled with sin but I realized I didn’t feel as bad after doing it.

I knew on an intellectual level it’s wrong but I didn’t feel the strong urges from the spirit like I used to. Either I have pushed out the Holy Spirit too much to where he left or I just need to spend time with God and he will start showing me how to live a righteous life. I got out of a relationship earlier this year because we were sexually active and I knew it was wrong. I’ve had two slip ups with someone else but never went very far. For a month I’ve been clean of everything except looked up inappropriate content once. I’ve determined to kick EVERY willful sin that I know of. I’m searching for god and I’m scared it’s too late. When Jesus talks about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit in the 3 gospels it sounds like he’s saying if you attribute the work of the Holy Spirit to satan when you know that’s a lie then that’s blasphemy. But so many people think it can also be just a continual rejection of the Holy Spirit speaking to you. My dad is adamant that’s it’s only speaking evil of the Holy Spirit but it’s hard for me to know for sure. I’ve talked with a lot of people including my pastor and some think it’s completely and continually rejecting the Holy Spirit until it’s too late but they don’t think I’ve gone that far.
I'm so sorry to hear this you are in my prayers

Honestly I’m scared I have though and I don’t know what to do. I don’t believe OSAS is biblical to be honest and I’ve studied it a lot. I know for a fact I was saved though. I don’t know if something like the prodigal son is for me or if Jesus just meant that for people who were never saved. Also I’m 24 now.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

If you had blasphemed the Spirit, you wouldn't be feeling any conviction to stop sinning. If you look at people who are not saved, they do sinful things without a second thought, and even take pride in it. That doesn't sound like you. Take courage! The Holy Spirit is still with you.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

1 John 1:9 says that if confess our sin God is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse us. You have shown that you mean business by confessing all these things publicly and have asked for help. You have not tried to hide them, and tried to present yourself as some spiritual person as if you were not sinning. Your honesty is a big step back to God.
Now, if you go before God in that place where you can be alone, and say all these things to Him, and continue to discuss your faults and failings with Him, I am sure that He will meet with you, do a great work of the Holy Spirit within you, and wean you off the things that may grieve the Spirit within you.

The flesh always wars against your recreated spirit. That is a battle we will always have. No matter how hard we try, pray and resolve, we will never get to the stage where we will think we are perfectly holy. But we don't trust in our personal holiness but in Christ who took our sins on the cross with Him.

When I went through a stage in my life where I was falling short of the standards, God told me not to stop talking with Him about it, because we can work though the issues. I did that, and over the rest of that year, changes in circumstances and new opportunities resolved the issues. But it still took more time to deal with what was inside of me that caused the issues. But He worked with me to get me right side up, and is still working with me to keep me on the road to sanctification.

Upvote 0

Nigel

Supporter
Nov 27, 2018
Indianapolis
✟25,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you had blasphemed the Spirit, you wouldn't be feeling any conviction to stop sinning. If you look at people who are not saved, they do sinful things without a second thought, and even take pride in it. That doesn't sound like you. Take courage! The Holy Spirit is still with you.

The thing is, I’m just scared I’m only coming back because I fear hell.. there have been times where I bragged for doing things with girls that I knew was wrong because my friend did the same. My friend who said he was a Christian but now parties a lot and everything. I was in the party scene for a little but left it. I don’t know if it’s because the Holy Spirit was prompting me or because I just feared hell.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The thing is, I’m just scared I’m only coming back because I fear hell.. there have been times where I bragged for doing things with girls that I knew was wrong because my friend did the same. My friend who said he was a Christian but now parties a lot and everything. I was in the party scene for a little but left it. I don’t know if it’s because the Holy Spirit was prompting me or because I just feared hell.

Fear is a motivator, and I think the Spirit can use it to bring us to God. Jesus mentioned Hell quite a bit, and I'm sure it was meant to show us what we're up against if we reject Him. Of course, it's not quite the "Join me or yer goin' to Hayle" type of message some atheists will say it is. It's like if a blind man is walking toward the edge of a cliff, and you have to tell him that if he continues to do it, he'll fall off the edge to his death. It's not just trying to scare him, but to use a sense of fear to make him realize the reality of what's going to happen.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Nigel

Supporter
Nov 27, 2018
Indianapolis
✟25,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Fear is a motivator, and I think the Spirit can use it to bring us to God. Jesus mentioned Hell quite a bit, and I'm sure it was meant to show us what we're up against if we reject Him. Of course, it's not quite the "Join me or yer goin' to Hayle" type of message some atheists will say it is. It's like if a blind man is walking toward the edge of a cliff, and you have to tell him that if he continues to do it, he'll fall off the edge to his death. It's not just trying to scare him, but to use a sense of fear to make him realize the reality of what's going to happen.

Well I appreciate everything and I know I’m not alone. It’s just hard for me to be confident in this. I just have to keep searching and if I’m not completely lost then I know I will find him if I keep seeking.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well I appreciate everything and I know I’m not alone. It’s just hard for me to be confident in this. I just have to keep searching and if I’m not completely lost then I know I will find him if I keep seeking.

I've actually been where you are. I kept sinning and messing up, and still do. I ended up realizing that it's always going to be a struggle to not do the things that come naturally. It's the devil that will beat you up about it and tell you to give up and make you fearful.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Those who have committed that point of no return with God were never saved to start with, and do not even care anymore about God or salvation period. You need to getinvolved with a good local church, with committed friends your peers who can be accountable to with each other, and to stay into scriptures, prayers, and basically seeking to be around those trying to walk and mature with God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟732,859.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi I have written an article on the topic here Is there an unpardonable sin, what is blasphemy of the holy spirit. if you have any questions let me know.

Upvote 0

Nigel

Supporter
Nov 27, 2018
Indianapolis
✟25,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟61,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is willfully speaking against Him.
Denying Him.
Wanting to have sex/rape him.

Many people have done the unpardonable sin via the "blasphemy challenge" by the rational response squad and on twitter.

Check out links below
The Secrets of The Gospel: Has the falling away begun? Blasphemous Tweets
The Secrets of The Gospel: Rational Responders... I reject them

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is willfully speaking against Him.
Denying Him.
Wanting to have sex/rape him.

I was surprised to see this part. I had a friend who became very Pentecostal and started getting into some questionable areas. Once, he told me of experiences he had that he interpreted as having sex with God.

Many people have done the unpardonable sin via the "blasphemy challenge" by the rational response squad and on twitter.

Check out links below
The Secrets of The Gospel: Has the falling away begun? Blasphemous Tweets
The Secrets of The Gospel: Rational Responders... I reject them

Pretty shocking stuff from a Christian viewpoint! But I think it's also a good sign to those of us who fear we may have blasphemed the Spirit ourselves. To those people I ask: Can you read those tweets and be able to say that you could easily say such things and mean them? If so, then you probably aren't saved. If you're fearful that you've already blasphemed, then you most likely haven't. Those who can do it are truly atheists and don't have the Spirit in them. That's why they can say such things so easily. Whether they can turn around later and repent is questionable if they've already made a willful decision to blaspheme. However, I can't say that for sure either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reganne

Jan 20, 2019
New Roads
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Can you email me @dreganne@gmail.com

Upvote 0