Have any Trump supporters here changed their mind about him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,882.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
First 3 bullet points.
That explains why you chose to support Trump. It doesn't address the OP - do you still support him? Despite the events of yesterday which are - thus far - a culmination of his approach, is your commitment unruffled?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟239,882.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You're right. From the start, and not surprisingly, the thread became just one more roundtable for the armchair quarterbacks here who love to outdo each other in gutter talk.
I think not. We recognise that none of us could ever match the filth of Trump's gutter talk.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That explains why you chose to support Trump. It doesn't address the OP - do you still support him? Despite the events of yesterday which are - thus far - a culmination of his approach, is your commitment unruffled?

Yesterday had nothing to do with Trump the man and everything to do with what 74M+ Americans are convinced is a stolen and fraudulent election akin to what occurred in Venezuela. The coup was successful, and now the installation of a controllable commander-in-chief will occur.

What's left to support? This is over. It's a done deal. And for the record, the person that implements, supports, and fights for limited government and American ideals gets my support; Trump or someone else...doesn't matter. Trump's fight is over.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟239,882.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Yesterday had nothing to do with Trump the man and everything to do with what 74M+ Americans are convinced is a stolen and fraudulent election akin to what occurred in Venezuela. The coup was successful, and now the installation of a controllable commander-in-chief will occur.

What's left to support? This is over. It's a done deal. And for the record, the person that implements, supports, and fights for limited government and American ideals gets my support; Trump or someone else...doesn't matter. Trump's fight is over.
Thank you for your honesty. Further comment would run counter to my ethical principles.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It does seem like there are few, if any, Trump supporters who are prepared to say there were wrong to support him. Maybe the cult comparison is accurate
It's certainly fun to use on any political opponent! ;)

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟239,882.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
And you think that by posting this you've refuted what I wrote? ^_^
Nothing I can say as an insignificant, anonymous voice on the internet can compare with the incitement to violence stemming from the arrogance and ego of the current President. Disgusting and shameful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you don't think you all persecuted him starting even before he got into office?
The Lincoln Project was set up just for him before he was even elected and never stopped. Crucified, finally succeeded.
No, it wasn't. It wasn't founded until 2019, two years into his presidency.

ETA: eh, curse you, Kentonio! I'm a day late and a dollar short.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

And do these 74M+ Americans really think they are carrying out the Great Commission with that kind of hysterical paranoia?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This had everything to do with the man. Did you miss the speech he gave to the mob where he exhorted them to "march down Pennsylvania Avenue" to the Capitol, saying somewhat misleadingly that he would be there right beside them? Have you missed the claims before the election that it would be rigged should he have lost? Have you missed him and his minions falsely claiming that the election was stolen?

What's left to support?
The further descent into madness and turmoil.

This is over. It's a done deal. And for the record, the person that implements, supports, and fights for limited government and American ideals gets my support; Trump or someone else...doesn't matter. Trump's fight is over.
I'm glad you have been able to come to terms with this loss.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟934,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
17487BA0-A55D-4765-97CF-2C29A43FA941.png

Attachments

• 54A21853-7C64-424C-8E7A-6166B7740BD1.png
    54A21853-7C64-424C-8E7A-6166B7740BD1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

So far Trump's coup has failed.

Regardless of how many Americans believe the lies Trump has fed them about election fraud, there was no significant fraud that impacted the outcome of the election. Large numbers of people believing in a lie doesn't magically make that lie true.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It does seem like there are few, if any, Trump supporters who are prepared to say there were wrong to support him. Maybe the cult comparison is accurate
If they're "Trump supporters", then why would they think, let alone say, they're wrong for supporting him? :scratch: Maybe you meant to say "former Trump supporters"? In that case, why wouldn't they be prepared to say such a thing?

No, it's just easier to throw around words like "cult" and toss everyone under an unkind, dismissive label. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If they're "Trump supporters", then why would they think, let alone say, they're wrong for supporting him? :scratch: Maybe you meant to say "former Trump supporters"? In that case, why wouldn't they be prepared to say such a thing?

No, it's just easier to throw around words like "cult" and toss everyone under an unkind, dismissive label. :oldthumbsup:

For the same reason I can say I was wrong to oppose Reagan. Being able to reassess as new data is received is an important skill.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Your number is incorrect. Not everyone whom voted for Trump believes the election was stolen. Only a subset believe this.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

Nobody is being dismissive. Right-wing Evangelicals are in the grip of hysterical religious paranoia and whither that constitutes a "cult" or not, it is very dangerous.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.