Have any of you ever taken a personality test before?

deanerenata32

Jul 8, 2021
greeneville
✟10,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I took this one a long time ago:

Free personality test | 16Personalities

And I got INFJ, but then my personality changed and I took the test again, and this time I got ISTP.

Now, I'm not saying you guys should take this, I mean, take it only if you want to. But I guess tests like this can be kind of fun if you are wanting to find out more about yourself?

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟173,170.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've also taken it a while ago. The result was this:

upload_2021-7-8_21-55-32.png

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got INFJ, but then my personality changed and I took the test again, and this time I got ISTP.
:D heh, were you trying hard to think of how you are sometimes?

I was able to sway my score on the myers-briggs personality type way back decades ago when I retook it several times (just 20 questions, so pretty quick), by trying to think of how I was at times, and use that.

But if I really aim to put my favorite answers more consistently, the evolution towards the center (as explained in the great book Please Understand Me which lays out a lot about each type and their evolution) is pretty gradual, and took years. But still, I think even today I'd still be INFP on it. I might be closer to the middle now. Might be interesting to take it again....

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟120,714.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When I was at university in the early 70s our psychology lecturer gave us a personality test. He then assessed our answers and gave each of us a written summary of our personality. He asked us if we thought his judgement had been accurate, to which the majority of us said yes. I think there was one student who said no. It turned out that the lecturer had given us all the same summary.

Gillian

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I was at university in the early 70s our psychology lecturer gave us a personality test. He then assessed our answers and gave each of us a written summary of our personality. He asked us if we thought his judgement had been accurate, to which the majority of us said yes. I think there was one student who said no. It turned out that the lecturer had given us all the same summary.

Gillian
That's how horoscopes work -- they seem to fit any of us, and so one can imagine it's just for oneself.

In contrast, completely unlike that, it's just a real thing that some you know are probably extroverts and some introverts. And that difference isn't an illusion.

Extroverts gradually use up energy working alone, get tired, just the opposite of an introvert, who gains energy when spending time alone. The more introverted can work alone for 8 hours on a project they like, or even 10, 12, 15 hours....

To recharge their batteries the extrovert loves to be with other people, and gets more and more energy from it. In contrast, the introvert usually (when there isn't another problem) also loves to be with people but slowly uses up their energy in a party. At the party, the extravert is recharged, and stays till the end (if they can) and then leaves full of emotional energy, but the introvert even though they are enjoying the party, gradually gets tired, and finally at some point needs to leave, needs to go home and get some rest.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I generally find most ideas about Extroversion and Introversion, are imaginative and not clinical. When Dr. Carl G. Jung discovered and developed this innate condition in early 1900's, he showed it is not something we develop, but innate (inborn)--not character, which we learn early on to meet needs in life; nor personality, which we develop to present ourselves as we want to show others we meet.

I find it interesting too that only eight souls were preserved in the biblical Ark as shown, while all other souls perished with the worldwide 'flood'. We now have ONLY eight innate types (certainly affected emotionally and by habit thereafter by childhood and other influences we encounter). It is an interesting study if one wants to inquire further. I see everyone (though different in other ways) are one of these types. -1watchman

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟179,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I took this one a long time ago:

Free personality test | 16Personalities

And I got INFJ, but then my personality changed and I took the test again, and this time I got ISTP.

Now, I'm not saying you guys should take this, I mean, take it only if you want to. But I guess tests like this can be kind of fun if you are wanting to find out more about yourself?
I got: Mediator
INFP-A / INFP-T

Assertive Mediator (INFP-A) vs. Turbulent Mediator (INFP-T) | 16Personalities

Fun test, thanks for posting! the link!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums