Fort McMurray,Alberta
✟8,652.00
Faith
Pentecostal
DJ_Ghost said:
I wish you would make your mind up. In one post you say;

Then, a few post later you say;

Ghost

Since God is the all supreme being Satan does get his power from God. God has created everything. Why He allows satan to have so much and to do the evil he does don't ask because I or you or the greatest minds on the earth will not be able to give you an answer.
So when I said they did not get their power from God was not totally correct, I should have expained my point more clearly.:hug:

Upvote 0

Nightstrike

Christian Paintballer and Martial Artist
Dec 5, 2003
✟604.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Accually if you do a little research you will know that we couldn't have
DUH!
The wicca movement was started by gerald gardner, the closest thing to wicca before that was druidism! But of course you knew that!
oh and then you'll find it wasn't the christians behind the burnings, it was the magicians in power.
from what i know, the witches have for a long time rivaled with the other ceremonial magicians.

Upvote 0

Cordelia

Temperamental Girl of God
Apr 14, 2004
Leeds, United Kingdom
✟10,155.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
CJ.23 said:
Me too! I wonder where the phrase fluffy bunny came from? :) Back in '88 I introduced it to Cheltenham pagan circles, to describe hopw many of the wiccans i was encountering seemed like the Charismatic Christians who had a fluffy bunny wabbit poster with a quote from Scripture on it, but only a vacous concept of what their faith entailed. Fluffy bunny Pagans were those who had the same attitude... Either someone else made the same observation as me and Hugh, and it certainly entered Cheltenham pagan parlance, or I have finally seen that it reached a wider audience, assuming it means the same thing and is used in the same sense.

Depressingly I was your age then. an dhere I am at 34, still hearing the same arguments. Anyway this site is a breath of fresh air, and definately to be respected, as it clearly points out what 90% of so called wiccan sites do not. respect to the author (and to the poster, for linking it!)

cj x
Thanks, that's interesting! I was wondering, too, where that expression came from :p

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
armyman_83 said:
I dont hate pagans i hate paganism! Christians should not love evil it says "Ye that love the LORD, hate evil" in Ps. 97:10 we should be tollerant not accepting. If you play with fire your gonna get burnt. We should love but not join them, care for them but not praise them. If you think i am unkind and not accepting why dont I let satan go with me every were i go b/c he is evil and comes only to stell,kill and destroy. Sure not all pagans are out to kill everyone but what they do is wrong and against the Word of God.

Ex 22:18Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Deu 18:20

Lev. 20:27 A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit , or that is a wizard , shall surely be put to death : they shall stone them with stonestheir blood [shall be] upon them.

Just a few, there are many more
Yeah and those few verses plus the many more you mention are some very good examples of the disgusting hatred and bigotry found in the Bible. I love most of the Bible. Most of it is a very good book. But these parts are just horrible. I know that these should be looked at in the their historical context but what is horrible is that so many people actually still see these verses as relevant today! :sigh:

Upvote 0