✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
wiccan_woman_of_goddess said:
well most do have you seen all the hate site created by so many christian organizations. Here in Iowa there is even a place that has been known for its killing of people who are not christian.

Really? Can you name that place? Can you document that people were killed for not being Christian?

Upvote 0

Real Corona

I like Koala's
Jan 13, 2004
Alaska
✟8,143.00
Faith
Christian
well most do have you seen all the hate site created by so many christian organizations. Here in Iowa there is even a place that has been known for its killing of people who are not christian.

Maybe in 1800.

You're 16. If I venture to guess you will be over this sort of stuff by the time you've matured into an adult. I've had friends who thought they were "witches".

Upvote 0

DJ_Ghost

Trad Goth
Mar 27, 2004
Durham
Visit site
✟11,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
May I suggest you more thoutoughly research "the burning times"? I think you will find that whilst there where cases of persicution, they were not as wide spread as people have been lead to think.

TWF Magazine is working on an article on this very issue, one of the most famous with trials in the North east of England was falsified about 12 years ago when it was discovered that the judge said to have condemed 250 women to death for witchcraft actualy died 3 years before the trial was said to have occured. Once people began to look into it they discovered the birth rate had not altered in the town, so that any such mass slaughter of women was unlikly. Death records were also not found.

That has proven to be the case tiem and time again.

Witches were persecuted by Christians, no question about it, but not to the extent common misconception claims.

And please don't say "most" Christians hate wiccans, its not true. Some do, not most.

Ghost

Upvote 0

DJ_Ghost

Trad Goth
Mar 27, 2004
Durham
Visit site
✟11,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
the_cheat said:
http://www.whywiccanssuck.com/

Anyway, I don't hate you or your religion.

A very good site, and before anyone goes off at half [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] and calls it a chrisitna hate site, its actualy produced by pagans who know their religion and are sick of it being misrepresented by people who profess to be part of it but don't know much about it.

Ghost

Upvote 0
T

the_cheat

DJ_Ghost said:
A very good site, and before anyone goes off at half [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] and calls it a chrisitna hate site, its actualy produced by pagans who know their religion and are sick of it being misrepresented by people who profess to be part of it but don't know much about it.

Ghost
That's why I posted it, luv. Thanks for the endorsement. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

armyman_83

I dont hate pagans i hate paganism! Christians should not love evil it says "Ye that love the LORD, hate evil" in Ps. 97:10 we should be tollerant not accepting. If you play with fire your gonna get burnt. We should love but not join them, care for them but not praise them. If you think i am unkind and not accepting why dont I let satan go with me every were i go b/c he is evil and comes only to stell,kill and destroy. Sure not all pagans are out to kill everyone but what they do is wrong and against the Word of God.

Ex 22:18Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Deu 18:20

Lev. 20:27 A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit , or that is a wizard , shall surely be put to death : they shall stone them with stonestheir blood [shall be] upon them.

Just a few, there are many more

Upvote 0

cabbitgrrrl

Mar 24, 2004
✟8,882.00
Faith
Pagan
Politics
US-Democrat

seems to be a christian trend, they cant stand pagan religions appearantly :(

Upvote 0

Hitokiri Shadow

Apr 5, 2004
Texas
✟1,274.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Interestingly, those are all Old Testament examples. The Mosaic Law was fulfilled by Jesus, and the Mosaic Law no longer applied. The Ten Commandments still apply, but not the Mosaic Law. Is there anything in the New Testament that says a witch should be killed?

Upvote 0

cabbitgrrrl

Mar 24, 2004
✟8,882.00
Faith
Pagan
Politics
US-Democrat
armyman_83 said:
I dont hate pagans i hate paganism! Christians should not love evil it says "Ye that love the LORD, hate evil" in Ps. 97:10 we should be tollerant not accepting. If you play with fire your gonna get burnt. We should love but not join them, care for them but not praise them. If you think i am unkind and not accepting why dont I let satan go with me every were i go b/c he is evil and comes only to stell,kill and destroy. Sure not all pagans are out to kill everyone but what they do is wrong and against the Word of God.

Ex 22:18Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Deu 18:20

Lev. 20:27 A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit , or that is a wizard , shall surely be put to death : they shall stone them with stonestheir blood [shall be] upon them.

Just a few, there are many more

are you sure that pagans are wrong and you are right? :)

Upvote 0
A

armyman_83

Hitokiri Shadow said:
Interestingly, those are all Old Testament examples. The Mosaic Law was fulfilled by Jesus, and the Mosaic Law no longer applied. The Ten Commandments still apply, but not the Mosaic Law. Is there anything in the New Testament that says a witch should be killed?
Sorry i didnt put out the whole Strong's concordance.

[not New Testament]1Sa 15:23 For rebellion [is as] the sin of witchcraft , and stubbornness [is as] iniquity and idolatry . Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD , he hath also rejected thee from [being] king

Gal 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, sedition, heresies,
Envyings, murders,drunkenness, revellings, and such like : of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall noy inherit the kingdom of God.

Just b/c Jesus forfilled the law doesnt mean we should forsake the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keliezimmer

Nov 24, 2003
California
Visit site
✟7,672.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Gal 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, sedition, heresies,
Envyings, murders,drunkenness, revellings, and such like : of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall noy inherit the kingdom of God.I am far from condoning witchcraft but I think ALL Christians, all people for that matter, should practice tolerance and love for on another, regardless of faith. In the above verse 'witchcraft' and 'hatred' are right next to one another. If witchcraft is a punishable offense then what of hatred (e.g. those who would burn witches)??? What of strife (depression, anxiety, fear)? Envy? Drunkeness?? They are all in the same catagory to God. The point is, all of these sins are punishable by death. But not by the judgement of humans upon each other, but by God. EVERY SINGLE human alive has committed at least one of the sins mentioned above. Not one person is innocent among us. Those people that practiced the burning of the witches were just as guilty as those they accused, and history has judged them as ignorant and afraid. We should learn from these mistakes and practice tolerance and love unless WE are the ones judged ignorant for our condemnation of others.

Upvote 0

Wolverine502

May 28, 2004
✟351.00
Faith
Baptist
Why did that have to happen and if all you christians had the choice would you do it again. I want to know why you hate me and my religion so much.:cry:
We as christians don't hate you as a mortal human being. We hate your filthy paganism and witchcraft. We know that what you do is evil and wicked. That is why we can have no tolerance for it. The real question is are you ready to change. Are you ready to clean up your life and accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior. That is what you should be asking rather than why am I persecuted.

Upvote 0