Northwest
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been single for a really long time. I hate being single and would like to get married but I have trouble finding someone. Please pray that God will bring me a good wife. I have searched for a long time but have not found anyone. I have tried online dating and also looked at my church but nothing has worked. Your prayers and advice are appreciated. I struggle with anxiety and the loneliness feeds that anxiety. If I could find a partner perhaps I would have less anxiety.

Sam Davis

Nov 13, 2019
Northwest
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Should I pray that you find someone....or pray that God makes you more content with the single life?

It may be God's will that you remain single....at least for now. You never know.

Please pray that I find someone. I do not want to be single.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been single for a really long time. I hate being single and would like to get married but I have trouble finding someone. Please pray that God will bring me a good wife. I have searched for a long time but have not found anyone. I have tried online dating and also looked at my church but nothing has worked. Your prayers and advice are appreciated. I struggle with anxiety and the loneliness feeds that anxiety. If I could find a partner perhaps I would have less anxiety.
Don't hate your life. Be an interesting person doing interesting things, and you will be interesting to women. Don't marry to alleviate anxiety, only marry for love. You can't put that kind of burden on someone. Only God can do what you want done.

Upvote 0

Sam Davis

Nov 13, 2019
Northwest
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It may be God's will that you remain single....at least for now. You never know.

How could it be God’s will? God said in Genesis that it is not good for man to be alone.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That’s why I said to pray for a good wife. I am asking people to pray for a good marriage for me.
OK.

But a good wife isn't a cure for anxiety. You owe it to your future wife to not expect her to bear all or most of that anxiety burden, and to reduce it as much as possible.

Upvote 0

Sam Davis

Nov 13, 2019
Northwest
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK.

But a good wife isn't a cure for anxiety. You owe it to your future wife to not expect her to bear all or most of that anxiety burden, and to reduce it as much as possible.

A good wife would be understanding.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A good wife would be understanding.
Yes, and a good husband would be understanding that she can't bear all the weight of his anxiety and pain. Be the kind of man that a good wife deserves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,621,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Dear Father, I pray for your perfect will for Sam's life, trusting that the right person is there for him.
May the Lord bless you richly as you seek more of him in your life in Jesus precious name

Upvote 0

Sam Davis

Nov 13, 2019
Northwest
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Be the kind of man that a good wife deserves.

I try my hardest to be all I can be.

I do have some issues with my mental health. Hopefully I find someone who is both accepting and understanding of my struggles.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Put your trust in God 100% my friend.

You never know, as you turn a corner one day, you might bump into the love of your life!

God answers and works in mysterious ways.

I pray that God will help you meet the right person for you. Be patient. Be prayerful.

God bless you my friend

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
OK.

The right wife will know how to handle the anxiety, and alleviate it with understanding, patience, positive support, being attentive,and cheerfull.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord bless Sam Davis, and this prayer request. Help to find his life partner and get married. Lord remove anxiety and loneliness and bless Sam Davis. Lord let Sam Davis soon get married, please bless, in Jesus mighty name, Amen!

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I’m asking for prayers here, not to be ridiculed.
I wasn't ridiculing you, but I apologize if my words had that effect.
I try my hardest to be all I can be.

I do have some issues with my mental health. Hopefully I find someone who is both accepting and understanding of my struggles.
Yes, find someone like that. What I was attempting to do was challenge you to fix what can be fixed yourself, since she won't be able to fix you. She can help, but fixing one's partner is too big a job for any spouse. Be all you can be then.

Upvote 0

Sam Davis

Nov 13, 2019
Northwest
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lord bless Sam Davis, and this prayer request. Help to find his life partner and get married. Lord remove anxiety and loneliness and bless Sam Davis. Lord let Sam Davis soon get married, please bless, in Jesus mighty name, Amen!

Thank you so much!!! God bless you!!!

Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0