Love the Lord with all your heart.
May 3, 2005
liverpool
✟31,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello, my name is Bev, and I just wanted to ask for your prayers on a problem in my church. When I joined my church 8 years ago the baptism pool was not working. This did not seem a problem back then. Now however there are 6 people waiting to be baptised, myself, my daughter and my sister being a part of the 6. Last month our leader bought a new projector which was totally un-necassary, we already had a perfectly good one. Now we feel let down, I am sure they will get it fixed in their own time, because they have already been baptised and they don't seem to realise how important it is to us. We need to be baptised to feel totally part of the Lords family. I know we are already a part of his family, we would just like to make it official to the world.

Im-revived

Working for God, through our Lord.
May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
I am sorry to hear that you feel your church has let you down, but Im sure in the right time they will be able to afford a baptism tank, I don't want you to feel though that because you all havn't yet been baptised that you are not as close in his famiily. You are still close with your family. When you get baptised as you probably know its something we do to signify our beliefs in our Lord and our Faith. Although your tank is broken, God knows this and will provide one soon. It doesn't make any difference to how you believe. Obviously you are upset that they got a projector rather than a tank, but if you think of the two items, one is for us to learn about God as things are projected on the screen i.e songs etc, the other is the tank for baptism. The decision I believe your church leaders have probably thought of is whats more important, if I asked you the same question like this, Do we want to bring new people to Christ and learn more about him? or do we get a baptism tank that may be used now a couple of times then not used for weeks what woould your answer be. I know your desperate Love, but the elders want to see the church continue to learn and grow and without the projector they can't do that.As I feel many of you do want to get baptised why not have a chat with one of your leaders, explain how important you all feel about it, go as a group together, and tell them you feel its actually affecting your own walk with the Lord because you don't feel you've done all the Lord wishes. Suggest that you could have your baptisms at a swimming baths, or wether another church would allow you to use theres for a morning. Im sure if you all pray about this and show your leaders how strongly you feel about this together that they will find other options. May the Lord Bless your church with a tank very soon.:preach:
Im-revived
b.a.t said:
Hello, my name is Bev, and I just wanted to ask for your prayers on a problem in my church. When I joined my church 8 years ago the baptism pool was not working. This did not seem a problem back then. Now however there are 6 people waiting to be baptised, myself, my daughter and my sister being a part of the 6. Last month our leader bought a new projector which was totally un-necassary, we already had a perfectly good one. Now we feel let down, I am sure they will get it fixed in their own time, because they have already been baptised and they don't seem to realise how important it is to us. We need to be baptised to feel totally part of the Lords family. I know we are already a part of his family, we would just like to make it official to the world.

Upvote 0

b.a.t

May 3, 2005
liverpool
✟31,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Im-revived said:
I am sorry to hear that you feel your church has let you down, but Im sure in the right time they will be able to afford a baptism tank, I don't want you to feel though that because you all havn't yet been baptised that you are not as close in his famiily. You are still close with your family. When you get baptised as you probably know its something we do to signify our beliefs in our Lord and our Faith. Although your tank is broken, God knows this and will provide one soon. It doesn't make any difference to how you believe. Obviously you are upset that they got a projector rather than a tank, but if you think of the two items, one is for us to learn about God as things are projected on the screen i.e songs etc, the other is the tank for baptism. The decision I believe your church leaders have probably thought of is whats more important, if I asked you the same question like this, Do we want to bring new people to Christ and learn more about him? or do we get a baptism tank that may be used now a couple of times then not used for weeks what woould your answer be. I know your desperate Love, but the elders want to see the church continue to learn and grow and without the projector they can't do that.As I feel many of you do want to get baptised why not have a chat with one of your leaders, explain how important you all feel about it, go as a group together, and tell them you feel its actually affecting your own walk with the Lord because you don't feel you've done all the Lord wishes. Suggest that you could have your baptisms at a swimming baths, or wether another church would allow you to use theres for a morning. Im sure if you all pray about this and show your leaders how strongly you feel about this together that they will find other options. May the Lord Bless your church with a tank very soon.:preach:
Im-revived
Yes I know what you mean, a projector does help espescially for the little ones who come along to Sunday School. Thank you for your kind words. God bless you.

Upvote 0

we5frogs

Child of God held in Jesus' hand
Apr 26, 2005
Allentown. PA
✟1,363.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Matthew 3:6
Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.

Matthew 3:13
[ The Baptism of Jesus ] Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John.

Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

I myself would be very upset to have been asked to wait this amount of time without being baptized. I agree wholeheartedly with KraZy4Becky, I don't understand why the lack of a baptismal pool should keep your church leaders from offering baptism to those who seek it.

I will pray for their hearts to be warmed to Jesus' example and teaching in regards to the importance of baptism for believers.:prayer:

Upvote 0

JamesBell

May 25, 2005
Oklahoma
✟168.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Bev, if nothing else you made me feel better about my current church. I have had some problems with them (mostly because it isn't the church I consider MY church which is in NC) but nothing like this. I would be heart broken if my church bought a second ANYTHING if they had a need to fix something like a baptism pool.

I will be praying for you and your church. I am hope that the church finds a way to address the problem quickly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

b.a.t

May 3, 2005
liverpool
✟31,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you all for replying to my post. We live in a small town where there are no rivers for streams or lakes. The nearest river would be the River Mersey and I don't know whether that is clean enough for people to actually venture in to it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.